• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realistic fixes going forward

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot express enough how pissed i am about this team. Im also very surprised. Going forward is going to be very important on how quick we can bounce back.

The core of this team is still one of the best in the NHL. Giroux,Vorachek,Simmer Couts and Shenn give this team great depth who are young.

Defense needs work. Grossman, Shenn Gusty seem to be the keepers to me. Coburn is very inconsistent this year. Timmo is slowing down and is playing to many minutes to be effective.

Bryz is a goner. I really feel bad for him as most of it isnt his fault. We just cannot go forward for those years with that deal and not be sure what we have.

I say we deal Briere to a contender for a young D-man. If we have to throw another minor piece to get the right guy then do it. I know Briere needs to waive his NTC but playing in the playofs may be the carrot to get it done.

We will need a goalie and I suggest we look at Luongo. I honestly feel this team can bounce back quickly and contend. The price will be steep but what other options do we have. Coburn,Couts(hate giving him up) and maybe a talbot may get this done. I dont know if the Canucks want to deal him this season without having a true backup but maybe they can make a seperate deal for that.

I have no idea where these ideas would leave us regarding the cap and how much it would leave us going into the summer.

Im just venting and am so fucking pissed at this team.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
this is a frustrating team, so much promising talent, but the bottom line is that as they are currently built, they suck.

i've been absolutely against getting rid of briere, but now i think its time to get rid of him. love what he's done for us, but his time has passed. his cap hit is too much and age has caught up.

this team should hang on to a core of giroux, schenn, couts, voracek, simmonds. anyone else is basically expendable. hartnell stays due to leadership.

as for D? keep schenn, grossman, maybe mez. anyone else, also expendable. timonen stays cause of the one year deal. coburn, far too inconsistent. see what you can get for him.

goalie? buy out bryz. feel bad for the guy, but his contract is too much. 7 more years after this? and so unpredictable. gotta go.

all in all, this team has promising youth, but is sorely missing lots of key pieces.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree w/ what you guys are sayin here.. i'd look at hiller and emery as replacements for bryz though i think

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
agree w/ what you guys are sayin here.. i'd look at hiller and emery as replacements for bryz though i think

yes anyone that costs no more than 4 million. proven time and again in this league if you dont have lundquist you dont have to pay a goalie that much to be successful.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Lavy is out of here. Bryz and Briere both need to go as well. I'd try to move Briere but if he is unwilling to move then both Bryz and Briere need to be bought out.

I'd trade anyone except for Giroux, Voracek, B. Schenn, Simmonds, Hartnell, and possibly Cooter.

I feel at some point the Flyers will have to trade one of B. Scheen or Cooter to clear up our log jam at the center position and trading one of them may be the only way we can get our legit #1 dman. The ONLY way I give one of the up is for a young stud dman though.

I also agree with going the cheaper route (for now) as a stop gap in goal.

I'm trying to think of teams we could realistically trade with here...Winnipeg, Phoenix, St. Louis? I dunno. I'm glad I'm not the GM.

Oh yeah, every one except for L. Schenn, Grossmann, and Kimmo can be moved on D. I'd prefer to get rid of Mez because of his health but I think his trade value is pretty low right now so that leaves Coburn as our best bargaining chip on D.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have covered it from A to Z very nicely. I would like throw out there that i dont want another high priced goalie as well Hiller may be a good option. Lavi i think is finished here he has done a pretty good job up until this year i have no idea what went wrong. Lets make a move and get Perry and another for D . Homer it's on you now unless you get fired also.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Lavy is out of here. Bryz and Briere both need to go as well. I'd try to move Briere but if he is unwilling to move then both Bryz and Briere need to be bought out.

I'd trade anyone except for Giroux, Voracek, B. Schenn, Simmonds, Hartnell, and possibly Cooter.

I feel at some point the Flyers will have to trade one of B. Scheen or Cooter to clear up our log jam at the center position and trading one of them may be the only way we can get our legit #1 dman. The ONLY way I give one of the up is for a young stud dman though.

I also agree with going the cheaper route (for now) as a stop gap in goal.

I'm trying to think of teams we could realistically trade with here...Winnipeg, Phoenix, St. Louis? I dunno. I'm glad I'm not the GM.

Oh yeah, every one except for L. Schenn, Grossmann, and Kimmo can be moved on D. I'd prefer to get rid of Mez because of his health but I think his trade value is pretty low right now so that leaves Coburn as our best bargaining chip on D.

the bold is where it all starts i think.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't trade Couturier

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't trade Couturier

We are not in a rush to do it this year. Eventually, the Flyers will have to make a choice though. How do you pay for three starting centers consisting of G, Schenn, and Cooter? Not only that, but how do you justify wasting one of them on the third line. Again, Homer doesn't need to be in a rush to address this but I hope it's in the back of his mind. He might be better off to kill two birds with one stone and trade one of them for a need we have (defense). I'm ok with that as long as we get MAX VALUE. No more JVR for L. Schenn straight up deals.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are not in a rush to do it this year. Eventually, the Flyers will have to make a choice though. How do you pay for three starting centers consisting of G, Schenn, and Cooter? Not only that, but how do you justify wasting one of them on the third line. Again, Homer doesn't need to be in a rush to address this but I hope it's in the back of his mind. He might be better off to kill two birds with one stone and trade one of them for a need we have (defense). I'm ok with that as long as we get MAX VALUE. No more JVR for L. Schenn straight up deals.

I really dont think the depth at center is going to be all that bad. Considering our organization has enjoed playing Schenn on the wing, I kind of expect Couturier to bump up to the #2 spot once Briere is gone, and Laughton will grab the #3.

Our need at defense is pretty specific, a #1. While I agree that we can afford trading Couturier in a one-for-one, it is better IMO that we just keep our only defensively responsible forward for the future.

We have to give something to get something if not Cooter who do we trade to get a top Dman?

Simply put, no team is trading a #1 Dman.