• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realistic Expectations this year

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pittsburgh still has too much talent to finish in the bottom 5-10 teams in the league..... That said, was it irresponsible to trade a 1st round pick to Miami in a year where you are playing with an unknown at QB and have already dropped your first two? I mean, if that's a top 10 pick, it's a bad deal, right?

On the surface it certainly seems irresponsible, but I've said half a dz times already...I'm okay with Fitzpatrick as the 2020 1st round pick....we're already seeing a difference on the DEF.

I could be wrong of course, but even if they bottomed out to a top 5 pick, with Ben coming back in 2020 and under contract thru 2021 season, they were not going to spend the pick on a QB. Other key needs? Edge rusher to replace Dupree, TE, OT...are there any prospects better than Minkah Fitz? IDK, maybe, maybe not, but I do know what they're getting in him.

If they didn't feel good about Ben's return next yr, you basically let the season play out with what that have and go from there with an eye towards a rebuild.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So looking ahead... Am I crazy to think this team could suddenly be 5-4, going into 3 straight divisional games in weeks 11-13? All 3 of which are against the Browns (2x) & Bengals.

And 5... 5!!! out of the next 6 games are home games... Only 1 being out of conference.

7 - bye
8 - vMIA
9 - vIND
10 - vLAR
11 - @CLE
12 - vCIN
13 - vCLE

Call me crazy gentlemen... But I'm back on the koolaid. It's full of piss & vinegar, but koolaid nonetheless.

What we saw last night, we've seen before under Tomlin....a team with it's back up against a wall and they came out swinging....what we've also seen before under Tomlin are losses to teams that don't have playoff ambitions for the season.

If the DEF can keep playing at this level and Rudolph/Fichtner build some confidence to attack more...I don't see why they can't win these next 3 at home and get to 5-4.

Let's see them get healthy this week, and take of MIA week 8!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confirmed: Operation Screw Miami is in full swing.

@Superbelt

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confirmed: Operation Screw Miami is in full swing.

@Superbelt
Gotta keep on climbing. The worse the pick they get, the better the trade looks.

I'll be happy no matter what. But gotta reduce that value.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta keep on climbing. The worse the pick they get, the better the trade looks.

I've said numerous time I would be happy with Fitz being our '20 1st round pick...but the further the Steelers' pick gets a away from Chase Young or AJ Epensa...the better I will feel. Even though both are projecting stronger as 43 DEs...there are some decent OLB prospects that could end up in the 2nd round so maybe they STILL get that edge rusher on top of getting a pro bowl caliber FS in this deal.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said numerous time I would be happy with Fitz being our '20 1st round pick...but the further the Steelers' pick gets a away from Chase Young or AJ Epensa...the better I will feel. Even though both are projecting stronger as 43 DEs...there are some decent OLB prospects that could end up in the 2nd round so maybe they STILL get that edge rusher on top of getting a pro bowl caliber FS in this deal.
Yep, I'm all in on the Fitzpatrick trade. Even during the shellshock I was happy with it. The defense has been garbage on the backend since Clark & Polamalu were in their prime. And they haven't been able to draft at that position, nor provide adequate replacements via FA. Enough was enough, time to throw the kitchen sink (first Rder) at the position and pray it finally shores up the D. Offense be damned!

That said, definitely have to take a realistic approach at this season. Realistically they aren't going anywhere. They could limp into the playoffs with some luck (AFC shitshow), but the odds that they make a push anywhere after WC weekend is almost non-existent. The odds of them making the postseason are already abysmal. If they do make the playoffs then I'll write a hand-written apology letter to Mike Tomlin. So here's to hoping that the Steelers simply make that 1st Rd pick for Miami that much worse!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I'm all in on the Fitzpatrick trade. Even during the shellshock I was happy with it. The defense has been garbage on the backend since Clark & Polamalu were in their prime. And they haven't been able to draft at that position, nor provide adequate replacements via FA. Enough was enough, time to throw the kitchen sink (first Rder) at the position and pray it finally shores up the D. Offense be damned!

That said, definitely have to take a realistic approach at this season. Realistically they aren't going anywhere. They could limp into the playoffs with some luck (AFC shitshow), but the odds that they make a push anywhere after WC weekend is almost non-existent. The odds of them making the postseason are already abysmal. If they do make the playoffs then I'll write a hand-written apology letter to Mike Tomlin. So here's to hoping that the Steelers simply make that 1st Rd pick for Miami that much worse!

Yesterday was even more proof that this kid Fitz is the real deal and well worth a 1st round pick.

With Dupree moving up to 6 sacks and generally speaking having that career yr so far...even if he levels off, I have to say they were right to pay the extension. If he tacks on 4 more sacks to hit dbl digits, there will be some conversations in the building lobbying to keep him if possible.

AFC...right now BUF, and IND are the two teams ahead of PIT for the WC spots....maybe OAK stays in it, that was a nice win over DET. I don't expect TN to hang around. LAC getting some key people back, maybe they make a run. I tend to agree, if PIT can somehow keep this going and eek out a 9-7 record and a 6th seed it's most likely a one and done team.

So far Tomlin has them with 3 Ws in a row, and at least relevant for now but the OFC is too close to the vest to beat a playoff team.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday was even more proof that this kid Fitz is the real deal and well worth a 1st round pick.

With Dupree moving up to 6 sacks and generally speaking having that career yr so far...even if he levels off, I have to say they were right to pay the extension. If he tacks on 4 more sacks to hit dbl digits, there will be some conversations in the building lobbying to keep him if possible.

AFC...right now BUF, and IND are the two teams ahead of PIT for the WC spots....maybe OAK stays in it, that was a nice win over DET. I don't expect TN to hang around. LAC getting some key people back, maybe they make a run. I tend to agree, if PIT can somehow keep this going and eek out a 9-7 record and a 6th seed it's most likely a one and done team.

So far Tomlin has them with 3 Ws in a row, and at least relevant for now but the OFC is too close to the vest to beat a playoff team.
That IND game is good for the head to head tie breaker. Play the Bills later this season too.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That IND game is good for the head to head tie breaker. Play the Bills later this season too.

Yep...that BUF game will be another big one....because of where they started...they need to keep it going this week.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...that BUF game will be another big one....because of where they started...they need to keep it going this week.
They are in do or die from here on out.

11-5 might be the basement to make the playoffs for them.

I feel dirty, but glad to see the Ravens take out the Patriots. I hope the Steelers don't hurt any of those ratbirds on the rematch.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are in do or die from here on out.

11-5 might be the basement to make the playoffs for them.

I feel dirty, but glad to see the Ravens take out the Patriots. I hope the Steelers don't hurt any of those ratbirds on the rematch.

Probably right...10-6 could do it if they beat the AFC teams....they have 6 conf. games left...they would make it if they win all of them and IND does no better than 10-6.

Seems odd to say, but a team to watch is OAK...they have LAC x 2, CIN, @ NYJ, @ KC, TN, JAX, @ DEN...don't think they will do any better than 5 more wins.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FYI... If the season ended today the Phins would be picking at #22 overall from the trade.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI... If the season ended today the Phins would be picking at #22 overall from the trade.
3ix3rq.jpg

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of this but the last one I think he could be but unfortunately the first point ruined his ability to prove it.
I agree. I'm not ready to say that Juju isn't #1 material, but the point has merit. He needs a good QB to be good. So in that case, I can say that he's not an elite receiver because they make a QB better. Maybe he can become one since he's still young, but I doubt it. He hasn't really shown the desire to take that step up.

All love for Juju. Great kid & all, but its time for him to grow up a little.