• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realignment News, HOLY CRAP!

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes sir, all their sports including football are in at 2013.

word. i'm excited for ODU, but was kind of hoping football would wait a bit before making the jump, with the success they have had, i hope they can compete!

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone can make predictions, especially using your guarantee of va tech and ga tech to the big10. what i want to know is where do you see UNC going? Big 10, sec, or left out?

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone can make predictions, especially using your guarantee of va tech and ga tech to the big10. what i want to know is where do you see UNC going? Big 10, sec, or left out?

He made noise of UNC "getting what they want".

FWIW, I think either UNC or NCSU would be a sure bet in SEC, but would they? NCSU probably would, not sure about UNC. But that's IF all this 4 superconference thing actually happened.

But then again, he mentioned that all the stuff he had been saying up to 4 days ago we should ignore and forget.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess that NCSU will be in the SEC. They are a target. As far as UNC, it depends on what they want and what they are willing to do to get it. Right now, I am not sure as they are not on the top of any of the "want" lists that I know of.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id take unc over ncst in heartbeat. hell i would have held out for unc over either Atm or mizzou too. So are you still saying 4 16 team leagues? and if so wouldnt the pac12 have to raid the big12 to get qualiity additions? or do you really foresee a eastern shore pac 12 contingent?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id take unc over ncst in heartbeat. hell i would have held out for unc over either Atm or mizzou too. So are you still saying 4 16 team leagues? and if so wouldnt the pac12 have to raid the big12 to get qualiity additions? or do you really foresee a eastern shore pac 12 contingent?

The nu,bers don't pan out for four teams out west, IMO. All of the projections up until this week saw the Big 12 imploding and the ACC going to 16. The earth shifted this past Monday, IMO.

The Pac has two options, go "meh" with some close teams or make an east coast pod.

slntkilla

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nu,bers don't pan out for four teams out west, IMO. All of the projections up until this week saw the Big 12 imploding and the ACC going to 16. The earth shifted this past Monday, IMO.

The Pac has two options, go "meh" with some close teams or make an east coast pod.

I feel like the Pac isn't as desperate as the Big East was with their conference expansion. They could probably poach some schools out west and make it a viable 16-team league.

Teams like UNLV, SDST, Nevada, Fresno St, Boise St would all be viable options IMO. There are still plenty of decent teams to poach out west.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the Pac isn't as desperate as the Big East was with their conference expansion. They could probably poach some schools out west and make it a viable 16-team league.

Teams like UNLV, SDST, Nevada, Fresno St, Boise St would all be viable options IMO. There are still plenty of decent teams to poach out west.

I agree, but the Pac is he conference that I know the least about and I have ZERO contacts there. It seemed like Texas, TT, Oklahoma and OkSt were headed there at this time last year and then feelings got hurt.

That is what I keep repeating on here. I am posting as shit happens from sources inside B1G programs, SEC programs and one ACC BOV person. None of this is set in stone and it will change 40 times before becoming official. I post as I hear, so enjoy the ride but expect a lot of loops and bumps and unexpected turns.

The BCS needs to make an announcement as to how they will select the four teams, and then the dominoes will start to fall. That will either happen by August or not until after the MNCG. The WONT do it during the season.

slntkilla

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but the Pac is he conference that I know the least about and I have ZERO contacts there. It seemed like Texas, TT, Oklahoma and OkSt were headed there at this time last year and then feelings got hurt.

That is what I keep repeating on here. I am posting as shit happens from sources inside B1G programs, SEC programs and one ACC BOV person. None of this is set in stone and it will change 40 times before becoming official. I post as I hear, so enjoy the ride but expect a lot of loops and bumps and unexpected turns.

The BCS needs to make an announcement as to how they will select the four teams, and then the dominoes will start to fall. That will either happen by August or not until after the MNCG. The WONT do it during the season.

You're right on that last part for sure - a mid-season announcement would just be a distraction for all parties involved and would probably dilute the product on the field.

If those four Big-12 teams are still on the table, I would think the Pac would jump at the opportunity; but if the Big-12 remains safe in this new proposed format those four teams would have no real reason to jump ship.

In fact, the Pac and Big-12 would probably have to do minimal school searching. I would imagine that those larger mid-majors would be the ones approaching those conferences instead of vice versa.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right on that last part for sure - a mid-season announcement would just be a distraction for all parties involved and would probably dilute the product on the field.

If those four Big-12 teams are still on the table, I would think the Pac would jump at the opportunity; but if the Big-12 remains safe in this new proposed format those four teams would have no real reason to jump ship.

In fact, the Pac and Big-12 would probably have to do minimal school searching. I would imagine that those larger mid-majors would be the ones approaching those conferences instead of vice versa.

Luckily we are very high on the wish list for two of the three big conferences and pretty high on the third. We will end up fine as long as Steger:

1. is bight enough to know when things are moving

and

2. be willing to make the move without hesitation when he has to

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current situation:
• Talks between the Big 12 and FSU/Clemson have been going on for months. Not in an official capacity to avoid lawsuits but the foundation was being laid.
• There are two sources putting out information 1.) The WVU board 2.) The Baylor 247 moderator. Both seem to be somewhat accurate but the WVU guys seems to throw a lot more shit on the wall. The Baylor mod has a actual sources.
• According to the Baylor 247 mod: FSU and Clemson are in. If they have the application paperwork in by the Big 12 meetings, they'll be a vote and we'll be back to 12 teams before the playoff format is announced.
• Additional teams have contacted the Big 12 about membership VT, Miami, Louisville, GT, Maryland, Pitt, BYU. What is unclear is how serious those talks were.
• Miami looks to be out of the equation right now. I think on the Miami side their Administration hates the black eye the football program has given the University and want to take back control of sorts. From the Big 12 standpoint, if you believe Chip Brown, Miami is untouchable because of their possible sanctions. From my vantage point I hope something shakes loose because I think they'd be a valuable addition.
• There is a debate regarding stopping at 12 or going to 14. Apparently some in conference want to go to 14 now and some want to stop at 12. Personally, I think if the right teams are there you have to go to 14 now because the ACC will circle the wagons and probably survive and getting teams in the future will be tough. Which will mean FSU, Clemson and WVU will be on permanent islands.

^^^from the shag...