• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realignment News, HOLY CRAP!

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is broke if you are not a fan of a tam in the SEC or B1G. Hoping to go undefeated, AND that all of the teams in these conferences get a loss for the chance to maybe on some off chance get a shot at the MNC for the simple reason that the rest of your conference sucks is crap as well.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's better than voting in a champion.

if the choice is megaconferences or voting a champion...ill choose the latter. Im all for a playoff of some sort too, but not at the expense of tradition. They arent going to be happy until they muck everything up more than it already is.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is broke if you are not a fan of a tam in the SEC or B1G. Hoping to go undefeated, AND that all of the teams in these conferences get a loss for the chance to maybe on some off chance get a shot at the MNC for the simple reason that the rest of your conference sucks is crap as well.

I meant the B1G isn't broke. He should be looking after the interests of the conference.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see who certain conferences could pick up to go to 16.

The SEC's options are NCSU and who? VT doesn't want in. FSU, GT, and Clemson aren't a possibility. Neither is Louisville. Maybe Miami(doubtful).

The Big Ten are probably only interested in a select few: VT, GT, ND, and Pitt. Maybe Maryland and BC, but they already turned their nose up at Maryland.

Who the hell would the PAC add? They are probably the snootiest of the bunch.

Yeah, no way will UF, SCAR, and UGA let in their in state rivals. Won't happen.

B1G - I agree, but Big12 still is better than staying in a lower tier conference if there are only going to be 4.

PAC - no idea who they can add that makes geographical sense, but then again, GT to the B1G doesn't either, so what do I know?

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, no way will UF, SCAR, and UGA let in their in state rivals. Won't happen.

B1G - I agree, but Big12 still is better than staying in a lower tier conference if there are only going to be 4.

PAC - no idea who they can add that makes geographical sense, but then again, GT to the B1G doesn't either, so what do I know?

I left out the Big12 because I figure they would snatch up Clemson, FSU, GT, Louisville, and probably Miami if given the chance. The SEC may as well trade them Ole Miss for Okie St so we can all occupy almost the exact same geographic footprint.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if ND wanted to join the Big, but only with an east coast presence and it did not hurt your academic credibility, would you be for it?

so now ND is dictating an east coast presence to the big10 in exchange for their agreeing to join the conference? Didnt know delaney was such a pillow biter to bend over and take that ultimatum.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I-A Winning Percentage 1987-2011

1.Boise State
2.Florida State
3.Nebraska
4.Miami-Florida
5.Florida
6.Ohio State
7.Michigan
8.Oklahoma
9.Tennessee
10.Auburn

fuck-yeah.png

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so now ND is dictating an east coast presence to the big10 in exchange for their agreeing to join the conference? Didnt know delaney was such a pillow biter to bend over and take that ultimatum.

I wasn't asking you. As an SEC fan, the last thing that you would want is the B1G to get into the SEC recruiting areas.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't asking you. As an SEC fan, the last thing that you would want is the B1G to get into the SEC recruiting areas.

big10 teams in southern states is not going to effect sec recruiting drastically. The sec schools will still get all they need. And IMO of the 3 schools you suggest ND wants in with them only GT would be in an area where it could be detrimental at all.

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the choice is megaconferences or voting a champion...ill choose the latter. Im all for a playoff of some sort too, but not at the expense of tradition. They arent going to be happy until they muck everything up more than it already is.

so because things have been done horribly so long...they should keep doing it?? that makes no sense...it's a tradition of a garbage system...

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Fine

The point of this thread was to pass along what I had been hearing about realignment, not to convince people of it's usefulness. We get it. You hate it.

well please relay back to your informants it is a terrible idea, so they can wake up and abort this mess before its too late. better yet just PM me their cell phone number and i will do it myself. Thanks.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so because things have been done horribly so long...they should keep doing it?? that makes no sense...it's a tradition of a garbage system...

implementing playoffs is not the same thing as selecting 64 teams some suits deem worthy enough to merge in bloated megaconferences for the sole purpose of fattening their bank accounts.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the playoff/megaconference idea. I just want it to stay regional.