• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realignment News, HOLY CRAP!

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you put a Marquette grad against an Indiana grad in Cleveland, with all else being equal, I really do feel the Indiana grad would get the callback because people know "Indiana is a Big Ten school and Big Ten schools are well-regarded."

i know it's a small point (and it was made a long time ago) but my buddy who is going to indiana would be pissed if i didn't point out that Indiana is one of the top business schools in the country. from the first result on google (because i'm lazy and stop listening when he starts talking about stuff like that), they are ranked #16 in the country, as compared to marquette who is #77. i don't think Indiana grads are getting hired because they are a "B1G school", they are getting hired because they are the number sixteen business school in the country.

Last edited by a moderator:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, 46-2, thanks for the read. reps for the info (or supposed info). i was really bored tonight and hadn't seen the thread so i read it all the way through. i am looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, 46-2, thanks for the read. reps for the info (or supposed info). i was really bored tonight and hadn't seen the thread so i read it all the way through. i am looking forward to seeing where this goes.

NP, enjoy the ride. As I said this is all talk and speculation at this point but it is from two people in the departments. Who knows where it is going though!

iv_hokie12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey 46-2. If there is anything you don't state publicly, but don't mind in a PM I'd appreciate it as well. Now or later. Ill keep quiet.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would be an example of a bigger named program that might get left out?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am intrigued about the idea of gathering all of the most powerful programs in the country and having them go head to head..........but if there are any big programs getting left out, then this is just ridiculous.

The President of the United States is going to have to put a stop to it or something.

I can't imagine what kind of effect $-wise this will have on some major Universities.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am intrigued about the idea of gathering all of the most powerful programs in the country and having them go head to head..........but if there are any big programs getting left out, then this is just ridiculous.

The President of the United States is going to have to put a stop to it or something.

I can't imagine what kind of effect $-wise this will have on some major Universities.

I would not expect any of the bigger programs being left out

only one possibly would be Notre Dame, but that would be of their own doing.

they would screw themselves over by sticking to their guns until it is too late.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that big time, but teams with National Titles and BCS births may be left out.

well this is expected

Hawai'i, Wake Forest, Kansas, Connecticut, and Washington State have all made BCS bowls.

Hawai'i is left out for sure

Connecticut has a solid chance of being left out

Wake Forest and Kansas are probably left out if either of their conferences fold

Washington State is unlikely to get booted from the Pac-12.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't like it one bit. Not one bit. The schools who are left out may as well move to DII...............because what recruit is gonna wanna go to a school who knows their fate before the season even starts?

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't like it one bit. Not one bit. The schools who are left out may as well move to DII...............because what recruit is gonna wanna go to a school who knows their fate before the season even starts?

JJM, I took a 2-minute piss tonight.

On topic: all we need is a fucking +1. :L

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of agree with JJM, but I want more than a simple plus 1. I would like at least 8 teams invited to the dance. Maybe the powers that be will have "what the fuck are we doing" moment and just stop.

However, I would take the 64 team superleague over what we have now.