• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realignment a reality

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we don't get screwed travel wise the way the Florida teams do. I think it's been discussed, but all signs are pointing to Quebec City and the Greater Toronto Area being likely expansion locations so are we going to be doing realignment again in 5 years?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont mind the realignment..even though I hate having the Caps and Canes in the division over lets say the Lightning and/or Panthers.

My problem is with the new playoff format. Yeah there are flaws with the current format as well but idk. Im one of those people that fear change.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought it would have been better if they put Pitt and CBJ in the north and the florida teams with Philly, Rangers, Devils, ISles, Canes, Caps

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it would have been better if they put Pitt and CBJ in the north and the florida teams with Philly, Rangers, Devils, ISles, Canes, Caps

would have been nice to have the shit florida teams, and CBus is actually improving......

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If Toronto and qc get expansion teams what would the new divisions look like? 18/14?

I'm not a fan of it myself only because it doesn't make sense. There was a time when Pitt and philly weren't in the same division. Now they can't be seperated? What happens in 5 years when the rivalry is dead? Seems the nhl went out of their way to make a few teams happy

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wings had a lot of success in the west weird they are willing to give it up. Its not exactly like their fanbase is suffering. Having Much more physical eastern teams will take its toll

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They fucked up the playoffs.

Bettman could have picked new divisions out of a hat, included a goalie puck handling drill to decide shootout ties after 3, and increased rivalry games to happen 12 times in a season and still came out better than what happened.

NHL playoffs were the best in the country. you don't fuck with stuff that works by adding wild-cards and eliminating rivalry games in the first round.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
one further thing i want to point out...all these wing fans that are complaining about their start times.

they have 41 home games a year. 7pm start
they play in their divison 12 road games. 8pm start
they play 9 road games in the eastern conference 7pm start

62 games are played at 8pm or earlier Detroit time.

using the same thinking the devils play 10 games after 8pm a year.

not really that much of a difference if you ask me. not enough to warrant such a drastic change of every team in the nhl. because a teams fanbase has to stay up past 8pm 20x a year.