• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RB free agency and rookie landings spots

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no shit, really... I get that...

So I'm to assume that when ya'll fantasy football guys say you're "Looking at Tape" that it means that you're playing back an entire game back? No, typically you look for a reel to see what the guy can do. There is some sick lateral movement on this guy and some impressive elusiveness... If you want to show me "That time that spin move didn't work"? Knock yourself out! There were times when Walter Payton got tackled too!

panties have been bunched, so my mission has been accomplished, how's yours going?

I try to find about 8-10 different sources that break down game film, both good and bad on the same player, then review and use that to give me my 'eye test', then overlay that with pro day/combine measurables, then overlay that with draft capital used on the guy for his respective NFL team. Give a bump for guys that teams traded up to acquire, as that typically leads to a longer leash or more opportunity.

saves me the trouble of having to go back and review any games myself.

And if you can't find someone that analyzes both good and bad plays on a prospect, its easy enough to find one analyst that likes a guy and shows his highlight reels, and another that doesn't like him, and shows his bad tape.

check out Twitter, it is literally overloaded with people trying to break into the fantasy business, lots of great stuff for free to help out with dynasty projections.

everything i saw shows CEH has an above average passing down back with mixed results in pass protection that landed in a cherry spot (which means more than a lot of other things when it comes to fantasy).

I wasn't knocking the prospect, i was knocking the process of using highlight reels to say one guy is good or better than another

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an interview they mentioned Mahomes basically handpicked him

Veach and Reid are top notch talent evaluators at the NFL level. Have a hard time believing that they took serious input from a 24yr old 3rd year player, even one with Mahomes' recent success, but that's just me.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they have entire games, ever offensive play, they're readily available...much more telling than highlight vids

Sure, but what are you gleaning from them?

He can't catch? Ummm, yeah he can... Highlight video shows that.

He isn't elusive? Ummm, yeah he is... Highlight video shows that.

He isn't fast? Ummm, well he is as fast as he needs to be... You can see that also in the highlight video. We aren't in an era where a lot of RBs can house 85 yard runs anymore...

Kid went for over 100 combined yards against Texas, Florida, Auburn, Alabama, Texas A&M, Georgia and Clemson last year and had 9 TDs in those games...

I honestly don't know what you're looking for in a RB, but clearly you planted your flag on this hill for some reason, so we can just let it play out.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of highlight videos, had to laugh during the Lamb selection.
Almost certain the first clip showed him jogging downfield uncovered.
This is a highlight? Wow. What a skill set.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but what are you gleaning from them?

He can't catch? Ummm, yeah he can... Highlight video shows that.

He isn't elusive? Ummm, yeah he is... Highlight video shows that.

He isn't fast? Ummm, well he is as fast as he needs to be... You can see that also in the highlight video. We aren't in an era where a lot of RBs can house 85 yard runs anymore...

Kid went for over 100 combined yards against Texas, Florida, Auburn, Alabama, Texas A&M, Georgia and Clemson last year and had 9 TDs in those games...

I honestly don't know what you're looking for in a RB, but clearly you planted your flag on this hill for some reason, so we can just let it play out.
K, you've proven this debate pointless, play by play game film tells a different story, but youre obviously not open to even considering the possibility, so we're done here.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
panties have been bunched, so my mission has been accomplished, how's yours going?

I try to find about 8-10 different sources that break down game film, both good and bad on the same player, then review and use that to give me my 'eye test', then overlay that with pro day/combine measurables, then overlay that with draft capital used on the guy for his respective NFL team. Give a bump for guys that teams traded up to acquire, as that typically leads to a longer leash or more opportunity.

saves me the trouble of having to go back and review any games myself.

And if you can't find someone that analyzes both good and bad plays on a prospect, its easy enough to find one analyst that likes a guy and shows his highlight reels, and another that doesn't like him, and shows his bad tape.

check out Twitter, it is literally overloaded with people trying to break into the fantasy business, lots of great stuff for free to help out with dynasty projections.

everything i saw shows CEH has an above average passing down back with mixed results in pass protection that landed in a cherry spot (which means more than a lot of other things when it comes to fantasy).

I wasn't knocking the prospect, i was knocking the process of using highlight reels to say one guy is good or better than another

All good, and honestly pass protection is the one area I dont' know much about the guy... However, his biggest critics on here at no point specified that this was their issue with him...

Really CEH isn't some hill I was looking to die on either, but @TREFF really seems to take issue with the guy being listed as a top five back in this class and we'd discussed it before. Now that he's the first RB off the board, I just thought I'd reignite the discussion.. We just disagree.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K, you've proven this debate pointless, play by play game film tells a different story, but youre obviously not open to even considering the possibility, so we're done here.

Fine by me. You talk of this "story" but seem tight lipped on telling it. Other than YOU are not personally impressed... Okeedoke!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good, and honestly pass protection is the one area I dont' know much about the guy... However, his biggest critics on here at no point specified that this was their issue with him...

Really CEH isn't some hill I was looking to die on either, but @TREFF really seems to take issue with the guy being listed as a top five back in this class and we'd discussed it before. Now that he's the first RB off the board, I just thought I'd reignite the discussion.. We just disagree.

gotta have a counterpoint person or our discussions will be lame!
Treff usually brings one, lol

either way, I have a good feeling I won't get any CEH shares in my dynasties, as the earliest pick i have in any is 1.3.

said it last night, he's the current front runner for all 1.01 picks in rookies drafts.

just thinking out loud here - we'd need to see a primo round 2 landing spot for Taylor/Swift for me to back off CEH as the top rookie fantasy pick and change my current board

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Veach and Reid are top notch talent evaluators at the NFL level. Have a hard time believing that they took serious input from a 24yr old 3rd year player, even one with Mahomes' recent success, but that's just me.
They said something like 'guess the first player that comes to mind' when approaching Mahomes which makes me think that Veach and Reid had already settled on him. Having an OC thats a former (good) running back probably factors in, too.

Mahomes isn't running the team. Its just something they did to help him out, though, and it makes them on the same page which is good to see as a Chiefs fan.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta have a counterpoint person or our discussions will be lame!
Treff usually brings one, lol

either way, I have a good feeling I won't get any CEH shares in my dynasties, as the earliest pick i have in any is 1.3.

said it last night, he's the current front runner for all 1.01 picks in rookies drafts.

just thinking out loud here - we'd need to see a primo round 2 landing spot for Taylor/Swift for me to back off CEH as the top rookie fantasy pick and change my current board

Well, the initial discussion was discussing one of the top backs ending up in Pittsburgh, so... CEH may yet NOT be 1.1 ... ;)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said something like 'guess the first player that comes to mind' when approaching Mahomes which makes me think that Veach and Reid had already settled on him. Having an OC thats a former (good) running back probably factors in, too.

Mahomes isn't running the team. Its just something they did to help him out, though, and it makes them on the same page which is good to see as a Chiefs fan.

I'd wager good money Rodgers is wishing green bay front office ran that pick by him too, LOL

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the initial discussion was discussing one of the top backs ending up in Pittsburgh, so... CEH may yet NOT be 1.1 ... ;)

yeah, I see the writing on the wall there, with BigBen's last year or two upon us, them already having their D set, as well as already having drafted multiple young WRs in recent drafts and signing Ebron for TE, but man, I would be shocked if they truly drafted a guy to be a lead back, and not a complimentary piece to Conner to ease his workload.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I see the writing on the wall there, with BigBen's last year or two upon us, them already having their D set, as well as already having drafted multiple young WRs in recent drafts and signing Ebron for TE, but man, I would be shocked if they truly drafted a guy to be a lead back, and not a complimentary piece to Conner to ease his workload.

Heheh, watch my head explode if Cam Akers goes to Pittsburgh.. :D

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't exactly that enamored with CEH either, but there is nobody better than Andy Reid at recognizing offensive talent and I trust him more than any draft "expert" or any of us. He is the Bill Belichick of offense and if he likes him, then he will be good in Andy's system. I mean I think we're kind of missing the point anyway. I think a much better way of looking at it would be does it really matter who plays running back in that system because they are going to be successful no matter what. Every team has to double cover Hill or Kelce every play or even both of them sometimes, so their running backs are constantly running against six man fronts. Andy always like guys that can catch the ball out of the backfield and he got the best wide receiver in the running back class which I'm sure is what he wanted. I honestly don't think he really cares that much about his running ability because it's not like he's ever going to change his offensive philosophy and start running the ball more. He turned freaking Brian Westbrook into a monster and it's not like you looked at that guy and ever thought that he would be a great running back.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to mention it isn't as though I haven't watched any LSU games this year... That would constitute "game film", but whatever.

Anyhoo. That's all.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C'mon, at least go with Willy Wonka on that!

9h6TOFZ.gif

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon, at least go with Willy Wonka on that!

9h6TOFZ.gif
Both are great.

Sorry I'm short, and I'll happily expand on it later this evening..work sucks today, my raiders fucked the dog last night, my Cowboys proceeded to kick me while I'm down, then the Chiefs make the ONLY RB I literally blacked out as a bust becuase the film I watched showed a back that couldn't run between the tackles, missed multiple pass protections, and wasnt exactly hard to bring down when he did get in the open...as the first back taken..its been a shitty 24 hours, and I was so looking forward to it. So yeah, I'm a lil cranky