• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rays to possibly become two-city team

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened with ybor city plans? They built a shitty stadium on the fly tp lure the giants in a terrible location and everyone uniformed wants to blame the fans. Maybe loria could give them some tips on how to fuck the city out of a new place that makes money wether they show up or not.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were talking about another city...I could see it, but the Expos were not supported that great.

Bottomline...So. FL fans should be the ones having their team taken away...they play in really nice renovated stadium and still no one shows up...I don't blame Tampa fans for not lining up to watch games in that crap of a stadium.

This owner is looking for some sap city to pay for a stadium for his ass...Tampa offered a 50/50 deal in Ybor City and he declined.
Oylmpic stadium was a ill suited for the games in 76 let alone decades later with minimal upkeep for baseball. You give montreal a new stadium like tampa needs im sure they would support it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oylmpic stadium was a ill suited for the games in 76 let alone decades later with minimal upkeep for baseball. You give montreal a new stadium like tampa needs im sure they would support it.

So...it's really up to see which city will pony up the cash and build the billionaire a stadium.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...it's really up to see which city will pony up the cash and build the billionaire a stadium.
The Rays and A’s are the only teams I’d say truly need a new stadium. With the Rays being in the Tampa Bay Area and looking towards Montreal, they’ll need a roof either way, so it’ll be costly.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rays and A’s are the only teams I’d say truly need a new stadium. With the Rays being in the Tampa Bay Area and looking towards Montreal, they’ll need a roof either way, so it’ll be costly.

Tell me about it...poor A's, the one team that's not trying to run away from OAK continues to get hosed....I was just out there in the bay area and Oakland Alameda is probably worse than it was when I last saw it a decade ago.

IMO, in this day and age where stadiums only have a 20 yr shelf life, if the owner is not investing at least 50% of his skin in a stadium he should not bitch about his homefield.