• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ray Rice

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that the Baltimore Ravens are working out Beenie Wells and aren't happy with their current run game. Would Ray Rice be worth taking a look at at the trading deadline?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Ray Rice is not an upgrade over Stacey and that would be a waste of trade because the mileage on Rice.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would be a very steep price to get him anyway :/

Ramtim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams Are Staying Mum

The Rams are not going to do anything this season to help this team win because it's a new stadium in St.Louis or they are gone? Where, well kroenick has a plan I guarantee it and it probably includes Los Angeles. I read months ago Los Angeles has worked out a 5 year lease deal with the LA Coliseum where if a team commits to moving to Los Angeles, a stadium would be built and the team would play in the Coliseum until the new stadium is done! Do you guys think the people of St. Louis will help pay for a new stadium to keep the team there?

RAM-N-IT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RAMS need to look at getting a RB who can gain more that 2 yds per carry. Pead and Richardson IMO were dumb picks. Could have gotten better quality players with those picks. Pead and Richardson remind me of Trung Canidate what a wast of a pick.

Bring in a Wide Reciever coach who can teach these guys how to catch footballs. All these drops are killing us. I saw Holt on the sidelines on Sunday. Hire him as a coach he could catch balls and make thing happen, maybe he could teach these young guys the proper way to play in the NFL.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good choice Ram-N-It. I have implored the Rams to hire this guy because I guarantee you the WR play will improve immensely.

RamTim. The Rams are going to be gone after next year when the lease runs out. Everything you have stated about what Kroneke is planning has indeed been confrmed. He spends the lionshare of his time in LA, his offices are there, and he is fed up with the mentality of St Louis's city hall. So, I am fairly certain, the Rams will once again be the LA Rams after the 2014 season.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not happy about that retro...but everything I am reading here in St Louis seems to lead to that end.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you KSUDodger. Kroneke has his offices in LA, has not closed them and moved his operation to St Louis after he became majority owner using his soccer team operational logisitcs as an excuse, has a group together in LA that have the Farmer's complex campus moving full ahead, and has done little in St Louis to affect movement in both selecting a new stadium sight and attempting to get all of the preliminary regulatory logistics out of the way. In fact, any movement in that direction in St Louis is either dead or kept very quiet.

No, like you, everything I have seen or read points to Kroneke moving the Rams after 2014.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said it many time, I don't care where the Rams play, St Louis, LA, London, just as long as they stay the Rams. Soon as the Rams name leaves, I leave.:doh: Now being practical the Rams in LA does get me to more games, hell I go now to Phoenix and get a hassle from Cardinals fans and don't care,:whistle: a trip to Southern California to a home game would be a treat. Like I said though, as long as they stay the Rams I will be a fan, 2-14 or 14-2. Just the way I am built:nod:

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of whether or not it would be a good move, the Rams don't have the cap room to take on Rice's salary.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of whether or not it would be a good move, the Rams don't have the cap room to take on Rice's salary.
Technically we do. Salaries of players on IR don't count towards the salary cap. With Bradford on IR 9/16ths of his $9M salary is now available towards this year's cap. It's difficult to tell exactly what Rice will earn as his contract is incentive-laden, but all indications are that he would earn less than $9M and we'd be on the hook for 9/16ths of it...depending on what was negotiated with the Ravens.

It's still a moot point. Whilst Rice would be a big upgrade at RB it's hard to imagine the Ravens being prepared to accept less than 2500 points on the trade chart. He might be worth it to a team with immediate Super Bowl aspirations but given the Rams need to find 8-10 new starters for next year it shouldn't be considered. This is assuming that the Ravens would even consider trading Rice. Just because they have problems with their ground game and injuries doesn't mean they're ready to start wheeling and dealing for next year.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically we do. Salaries of players on IR don't count towards the salary cap. With Bradford on IR 9/16ths of his $9M salary is now available towards this year's cap. It's difficult to tell exactly what Rice will earn as his contract is incentive-laden, but all indications are that he would earn less than $9M and we'd be on the hook for 9/16ths of it...depending on what was negotiated with the Ravens.

It's still a moot point. Whilst Rice would be a big upgrade at RB it's hard to imagine the Ravens being prepared to accept less than 2500 points on the trade chart. He might be worth it to a team with immediate Super Bowl aspirations but given the Rams need to find 8-10 new starters for next year it shouldn't be considered. This is assuming that the Ravens would even consider trading Rice. Just because they have problems with their ground game and injuries doesn't mean they're ready to start wheeling and dealing for next year.

I didn't think about that. Bradford going on the IR chages that drastically. And yes the Ravens probably aren't ready to move Rice and if there were they would want SEVERAL of the Rams stockpile of draft picks.

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rice has some tread-wear on his tires...I also can't imagine why they would pay sustantial dollars that they won't have again next year...He would probably be a one-year mercenary, and that one year is almost certainly gone down the toilet...Unless somebody thinks they would try to get him long term...Can't see that at all

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was Richardson a stupid pick at the very end of the draft? He's just not starter material; he should be the back-up.

As far as Rice, no cap space to absorb his salary and no willingness to move the picks it would take to get him. As mentioned above, the wear and tear on him is showing effects and that isn't going to get better.