• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ray Lewis: "This will be my last ride"

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I figured he'd do. This is the right time for him to walk away IMO.

Wouldn't be surprised if Reed follows suit.

One thing we know we can always cont on at the end of the season is for feed to threaten retirement. Feed still has a couple years left in him though. He should take on a leadership role until the next guy is ready to lead the Ravens and their Defense.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way Ray can stay away from the game. He'll be back next year I just know it. Maybe not in training camp, but he'll be back.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this on Steve Czaban's twitter and thought it was pretty damn interesting:

A-WrCejCUAEGpIC.jpg:large

Nothing against Fletcher but stats don't always paint the picture

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If every NFL team could choose the career of London Fletcher or Ray Lewis, every single one would choose Ray-Ray. Other than games, all the other numbers are in Ray's favor.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I'm gonna miss this guy. Greatest linebacker of all time

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as good as lewis was, LT was just scary.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ray was good but put him on the Browns 17 yrs ago instead of the Ravens,,,and what would we be saying about him now

1 guy alone will not be great without the rest of the defense he's just another player

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ray was good but put him on the Browns 17 yrs ago instead of the Ravens,,,and what would we be saying about him now

1 guy alone will not be great without the rest of the defense he's just another player

So true and this can be said of most of the greats - only a few stand alone in their achievements despite being surrounded by ineptness. Credit the Ravens for knowing what they had and building a defense around his talent and leadership.

Hats off to Ray Ray for everything he has brought and meant to the game of football.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Report: Ravens LB Ray Lewis set to sign multiyear deal with ESPN - CBSSports.com

Reportedly, Lewis, who suffered a torn triceps in Week 6 and only will return to action this weekend, and his agents met with several networks this season to gauge interest in Lewis' possible TV career. What Lewis reportedly wanted most was flexibility so he could attend University of Miami football games and watch his son play.

I really didn't think he'd do TV so soon. Would not shock me if he gets out of it fairly quickly.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LT > Everyone Else

Not even close.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell him I said hi back and the Ray is GOAT

Give me Taylor over Lewis any time. I compare Lewis more to Uhrlacher than I do LT.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Urlacher is not in the same ball park as Lewis.

He has a bigger mouth, that's about all. Honestly, Urlacher's not even in the same conversation with the all-time greats of the position.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get how anyone could not like Lewis. I know some like to cling on to the murder accusation that he was entirely cleared of, but as a football fan I loved everything about the guy. Not only is he the best to ever play his position, but he had an incredible intensity and passion that many players can only pretend to have. I understand why everyone wanted him as their leader.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get how anyone could not like Lewis. I know some like to cling on to the murder accusation that he was entirely cleared of, but as a football fan I loved everything about the guy. Not only is he the best to ever play his position, but he had an incredible intensity and passion that many players can only pretend to have. I understand why everyone wanted him as their leader.

I really disliked Ray for a long time personally. Never as a player. But the more I learned about him as a person and watched him in interviews, the more he seemed like a nice, genuine dude. I've liked him for the last few years now. As a player, I agree - how could anyone not like just about everything about the guy? I'm not going to compare him to LT, but he's right near the very top.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes sense since Urlacher at least plays the same position.

But Urlacher is not in the same ball park as Lewis.

I think he provided about the same impact to the Bears that Lewis did to the Ravens in their respective primes. Its much more accurate to comapre contemporaries than players from different eras who played under diffferent rules. Lewis is more of a self-promoter and gets more ink. That's the main difference.