• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ray Lewis questioned Joe Flacco's passion

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Lewis questioned Joe Flacco's passion

"I'll tell you what I do know. There is something called talent, right? And you see it a dime a dozen. And then there's something called being passionate about what you do. Me being around it … gifted? Absolutely. Passionate about what he [does]? I've never seen that."

Lewis mentioned Flacco "isolates" himself on the bench and how teammates handle that attitude.

Over to you, Joe. From a Friday appearance on SiriusXM's Mad Dog Radio:

"Listen, It's something that I've always dealt with, my personality. When things are going well, people are asking why it's a good thing. When things aren't going well, they want to question you, and different parts of your game. I'm not going to sit here and really talk too much about it. It is what it is. Ray can think what he thinks. I'm here to lead these guys, keep us on top and keep us moving forward."

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many QB's are truly passionate (in terms of showing emotion on their sleeves)in this league? Heck Peyton Manning wasn't really passionate outside of a fist pump here and there.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just Ray Lewis still trying to act relevant

Yep and let's ignore that Flacco gave Ray his last superbowl. Without Flacco, they don't win the superbowl. He was incredible in road games that year in Denver and New England. Being passionate doesn't win you games. Being talented does

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and let's ignore that Flacco gave Ray his last superbowl. Without Flacco, they don't win the superbowl. He was incredible in road games that year in Denver and New England. Being passionate doesn't win you games. Being talented does
Yeah that's what makes the least sense about this, ripping your former QB who took you to a SB and won it. Personally I am not a Flacco fan but Ray needs to keep his mouth shut.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's what makes the least sense about this, ripping your former QB who took you to a SB and won it. Personally I am not a Flacco fan but Ray needs to keep his mouth shut.

Same here. Not a huge Flacco fan but he won you a superbowl and I also think being a passionate QB doesn't =wins.

So its not like the Ravens would win more games if he was some passionate guy like Jameis Winston

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Flacco is elite!" Said no sane person ever.

That dork had ONE good playoff run, nearly lost the SBOWL anyway if Colin Kraepernick wasn't acting like a moron, collected quite possibly the stupidest QB contract I'd seen at the time (for the product) and clearly cashed out and got fat/happy.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many QB's are truly passionate (in terms of showing emotion on their sleeves)in this league? Heck Peyton Manning wasn't really passionate outside of a fist pump here and there.

Rivers, Wilson, Brady, Big Ben, Brees (he's just gettin' older and that offense has not changed a bit to help him).

The good ones (Rivers is good he can just thank his shit FO and coaching staff for his records)?

Feel like Rodgers isn't that passionate anymore. He looks like he's just given up. Too concerned with media commercials and acting like a dork on the sidelines.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well to me the word Passionate can mean different things. IF we are talking being that rah rah guy on the field yeah not many starting QB's in the league like that. The position to me kind of dictates that though as they are the more calculated type and realize that sometimes letting the emotions get the better of you can be counter to what you want to accomplish on the field. Sometimes it is actually better to have the cold under control type guy in those big moments.

I would say guys like Peyton for example showed their passion for the game by just how hard they worked every single day. Other players listened to everything he had to say because of how much time and energy he devoted to being the best. He won games by what he did during the week and how he held people to a higher standard. You are right though it wasn't so much on the field of him being the rah rah get the guys fired up type. Really the only time I saw Peyton really fired up was when things were going terrible and he would get after guys.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivers, Wilson, Brady, Big Ben, Brees (he's just gettin' older and that offense has not changed a bit to help him).

The good ones (Rivers is good he can just thank his shit FO and coaching staff for his records)?

Feel like Rodgers isn't that passionate anymore. He looks like he's just given up. Too concerned with media commercials and acting like a dork on the sidelines.

Not sure about Rivers and Ben because I don't see them enough, but Wilson ,Brady and Brees get thier teams pumped up on the sidelines. Brees esp before the game, guy loves the game and motivates. These guys keep getting drilled because of shitty OL and keep getting up

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only Joe had Ray's passion.

2013-01-10-ray-lewis-court-4_3.jpg

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More diarrhea of the mouth from one of the biggest idiots around the game.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand listening to former great players yap in their new careers on ESPN or whatever and Ray can grate on peoples nerves on a good day. He is probably close to the mark on Flacco but it was an unnecessary comment. I think in all fairness to Ray, however, things like this are what his current employers want him to say to generate controversy and talk like this. This is what ESPN does and has always done. Their talking heads just love to spew as much outrageous and contoversial stuff as they can to generate interest in their shitty network.
Ray's a loudmouth idiot, ESPN is a joke and Flacco is a mediocre, overpaid QB. This isn't exactly news to anyone, is it?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand listening to former great players yap in their new careers on ESPN or whatever and Ray can grate on peoples nerves on a good day. He is probably close to the mark on Flacco but it was an unnecessary comment. I think in all fairness to Ray, however, things like this are what his current employers want him to say to generate controversy and talk like this. This is what ESPN does and has always done. Their talking heads just love to spew as much outrageous and contoversial stuff as they can to generate interest in their shitty network.
Ray's a loudmouth idiot, ESPN is a joke and Flacco is a mediocre, overpaid QB. This isn't exactly news to anyone, is it?

He doesn't work for espn anymore so you're the joke for trying to blame espn for this.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco has a ring and a huge pile of money. Retiring healthy is his passion.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've always said Ray is a great motivator on the field and a bone head idiot behind a mic. I even requested that they not let him do press interviews because he was embarrassing. And speaking of passion, I remember after the 2000 SB, Ray hurt his bicep about 6 games in on a losing season and disappeared. A passionate leader would have Been on the sidelines like Smitty did last year and Suggs is playing with the same injury this ur. And Joe is recovering from an injury 10 X's more serious than his bicep injury.
Ray was a great player over all, but he needs to shut his pie hole, because his near retarded attempts at being a philosopher has done got old and tired.
This is probably gonna be a losing season but I remember Ray having several of them in his time, maybe he should come on down off that high horse before he starts believing his own crap.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always said Ray is a great motivator on the field and a bone head idiot behind a mic. I even requested that they not let him do press interviews because he was embarrassing. And speaking of passion, I remember after the 2000 SB, Ray hurt his bicep about 6 games in on a losing season and disappeared. A passionate leader would have Been on the sidelines like Smitty did last year and Suggs is playing with the same injury this ur. And Joe is recovering from an injury 10 X's more serious than his bicep injury.
Ray was a great player over all, but he needs to shut his pie hole, because his near retarded attempts at being a philosopher has done got old and tired.
This is probably gonna be a losing season but I remember Ray having several of them in his time, maybe he should come on down off that high horse before he starts believing his own crap.

Agree. Ray on the field it would be hard to find many who could pump up a team more than him. Ray as an analyst is about as bad as it gets though. He just seems to have these personal grudges with certain players still in the league and doesn't do anything to try and hide that.