• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ravens trying to destroy Flacco?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First they hire Trestman as OC, a guy who was out of the league before returning it ruin a 10 win team, now they've hired Marty Mornhigweg to be his QB coach.

There's nobody better out there for a franchise like the Ravens to hire???

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First they hire Trestman as OC, a guy who was out of the league before returning it ruin a 10 win team, now they've hired Marty Mornhigweg to be his QB coach.

There's nobody better out there for a franchise like the Ravens to hire???

I hope and expect that they know a lot more than we do....I don't like either hire, but according to all analysts , these are great pickups for us....I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but even with all the talk of how Trestman is a seamless hire for the O we were running last year and he a Mwig has a ton of experience , It's still hard for me to see the upside to them on the surface....:scratch:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freakin carousel with OC's Baltimore.

Cameron, Caldwell, Kubs, now Tressman.

Hopefully for Flacco this hire works out like Kubiak.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freakin carousel with OC's Baltimore.

Cameron, Caldwell, Kubs, now Tressman.

Hopefully for Flacco this hire works out like Kubiak.

Listening to Harbs and Trestman this morning, that's their plan and they feel very confident about it...
Harbs said the reason he chose Trestman over Gase was experience, personalty, and willingness to adapt to our system.....
Instead of our players having to learn his new terminology Trestman will learn ours...A lot easier for one man to learn than a whole offense, is what they stressed....
Harbs thinks Trestman will mesh with Joe like Kubes did....they have similar personalities.....Hope they're right, is all I can say...:noidea:

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to Harbs and Trestman this morning, that's their plan and they feel very confident about it...
Harbs said the reason he chose Trestman over Gase was experience, personalty, and willingness to adapt to our system.....Instead of our players having to learn his new terminology Trestman will learn ours...A lot easier for one man to learn than a whole offense, is what they stressed....
Harbs thinks Trestman will mesh with Joe like Kubes did....they have similar personalities.....Hope they're right, is all I can say...:noidea:

That is very important in this case.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbs said the reason he chose Trestman over Gase was experience, personalty, and willingness to adapt to our system.....
Instead of our players having to learn his new terminology Trestman will learn ours...A lot easier for one man to learn than a whole offense, is what they stressed....

That seems like such a better way to go about things than the norm. Maybe it's ego that usually prevents it, idk. But you'd think more teams would cater to what they have, what they're working with, what's already worked there, than switching to the new guys style and terminology.

Better to have one man adjust than half of a team.

Im a big fan of what Kubiak can do with an offense. No matter who he has at quarterback. Be interesting to see if Tressman can maintain or even build on what Joe and GK did together. Im not going to hold Jay Cutler against him. Atleast not too much.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trestman should be a good hire as oc. He's a terrible hc though because he does not stress accountability.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's pretty interesting. Kinda like it. I'm really interested to see how this works out for you guys considering I feel you're one of the top 3 teams in the league right now.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trestman should be a good hire as oc. He's a terrible hc though because he does not stress accountability.

I know what you mean, I loved Cam Cameron as OC but he stunk as a HC in Miami....

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never understood why some teams even bother with a QB coach. Does Flacco really need a coach at this point in his career? Brady? Manning? Brees? Etc...

I think if you have a young guy it makes sense to have someone with experience helping him along, but whats a QB coach going to give Peyton Manning advice on?

It reminds of an NHL All-Star game one year when Mike Keenan was the coach. Theoren Fleury and him hated each other and Fleury basically told him that they were all All-Stars and all Keenan's job was was to open and close the gate on the bench.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never understood why some teams even bother with a QB coach. Does Flacco really need a coach at this point in his career? Brady? Manning? Brees? Etc...

I think if you have a young guy it makes sense to have someone with experience helping him along, but whats a QB coach going to give Peyton Manning advice on?

It reminds of an NHL All-Star game one year when Mike Keenan was the coach. Theoren Fleury and him hated each other and Fleury basically told him that they were all All-Stars and all Keenan's job was was to open and close the gate on the bench.

I think for vet qb's, they are the OC's clip board holder and OC in waiting for team security reasons....That's all I can figure, those qb's surely don't need their advice....

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty interesting. Kinda like it. I'm really interested to see how this works out for you guys considering I feel you're one of the top 3 teams in the league right now.

Thanks Rob, likewise the Lions are a force to be reckoned with and like us, awful close to the big game this year.....A lot to look forward to next yr....Good luck !:yo: