• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rate My Team H2H

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the way your team is set, i would not trade any of them, in fact i might go for a 4th... but i would rank them Allen, Street, Britton...

I switched Street and Allen.... But It was close,.... but you probably are correct.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I switched Street and Allen.... But It was close,.... but you probably are correct.

Street is the safer bet since he has done it before, but his only problem is that he doesnt strike many batters out... He is still an elite closer, since as long as healthy he will be the closer, and his numbers will be very good... Allen is the better full package since he strikes people out...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id cut most every offensive backup, (especially in the outfield) then pick up an assload of starting pitching.

Innings Pitched being a category eliminates having more than one offensive reserve IMO.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id cut most every offensive backup, (especially in the outfield) then pick up an assload of starting pitching.

Innings Pitched being a category eliminates having more than one offensive reserve IMO.

Yeah, that changes things a bit. Back to my other question: is it Aramis or Alexei?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that changes things a bit. Back to my other question: is it Aramis or Alexei?

Sorry, I did not see this question until now... It is Aramis Ramirez.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

although I do agree that he needs to improve his SP depth, he only has 2 Droppable players that have no value right now... that's voigt and Lawrie... all his rookies could get him better pitchers than are on FA...

So first I would drop voigt and lawrie and add 2 pitchers... the rest will come to him over time, after trades... But even though it is a 5X6 format, I would still fix his offense first only because that is his strength... It is better to strengthen your strengths than to strengthen your weaknesses if they are still going to be weak...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think trading Holliday weakens anything. Pollock is just as good if not better in this format as a 3rd OF.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think trading Holliday weakens anything. Pollock is just as good if not better in this format as a 3rd OF.

he has 2 Util too, and until Joc Peterson does anything, I would not be starting him...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
although I do agree that he needs to improve his SP depth, he only has 2 Droppable players that have no value right now... that's voigt and Lawrie... all his rookies could get him better pitchers than are on FA...

So first I would drop voigt and lawrie and add 2 pitchers... the rest will come to him over time, after trades... But even though it is a 5X6 format, I would still fix his offense first only because that is his strength... It is better to strengthen your strengths than to strengthen your weaknesses if they are still going to be weak...

Who's going to trade for those guys in a redraft league?

You might pretend yer gonna for three or four days, but there's no real value there.

Arms that will get into the 7th and pick up K's while doing it. You can't have too many of 'em.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Pederson and Soler is expected to be in the lineup on opening day or at least very soon... Its not like we are talking Carlos Correa or Kris Bryant, who we don't know when they will be up...

As long as they are here, there will be owners looking for the next Mike Trout... and will pay over value price for them...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positional rookies in redraft leagues aren't going to command much in return. Some of those vets might, if Redseat is confident the youngins will play, and produce.

Maybe a Dodger or Cubs fan would deal an arm. But I don't see the market being much for prospects outside of keeper leagues.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positional rookies in redraft leagues aren't going to command much in return. Some of those vets might, if Redseat is confident the youngins will play, and produce.

Maybe a Dodger or Cubs fan would deal an arm. But I don't see the market being much for prospects outside of keeper leagues.

he wont be able to get studs, but I am sure he can do better than FA pitchers by trading those players... But dropping potential studs when you have room on your bench is not a good strategy, even if the potential studs are unlikely to be studs...

Again, I would drop voigt and Lawrie add 2 pitchers, trade Baez for a 3B... and then drop Ramirez add a pitcher. then he will only have Pederson and Soler left on his offensive bench... with 3 pitchers on his bench...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two Outfielders on the bench is giant waste of space. Especially when they have a grand total of ZERO career home runs. There are always outfielders available on the wire. Always.

Would never recommend multiple offensive reserves at any position. Multiply that statement by ten on account of innings pitched being a category. Every scrub reserve pitcher will come up as a two starter every three weeks or so. Better odds of that paying off that multiple reserve rookies at a position 90 guys start at every day.

This Pederson kid is supposed to be starting everyday for the Dodgers?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two Outfielders on the bench is giant waste of space. Especially when they have a grand total of ZERO career home runs. There are always outfielders available on the wire. Always.

Would never recommend multiple offensive reserves at any position. Multiply that statement by ten on account of innings pitched being a category. Every scrub reserve pitcher will come up as a two starter every three weeks or so. Better odds of that paying off that multiple reserve rookies at a position 90 guys start at every day.

This Pederson kid is supposed to be starting everyday for the Dodgers?

Yeah, he's supposed to be starting, as is Soler. The jury is out on Baez, he could possibly end up spending a lot of time in the minors. He could be great bait for a top pitcher. If he makes the team, he's gonna hit a good amount of homers, but unless he's made a miraculous adjustment, will strike out a helluva lot as well. More than likely he's a 2016 guy, but he will draw interest.

I must disagree with Milk on dropping Aramis Ramirez, though...when healthy, the guy provides good offense. If you can get good value, trade him...but don't just drop him.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should I take a flier and Alfredo Simon and C.J. Wilson?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pedro Alvarez available too

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else is out there in pitchingland? I highly doubt this, but did anyone sleep on Carrasco, by chance? Carlos Martinez is worth a shot and he can also slot in the rp position. How about Andrew Heaney? Hahn, Pomeranz, Jesse Chavez?

These guys are crapshoots (some more than others), but worth taking a look at. Salazar and Duffy are a couple of others. If, by chance, Mike Fiers wasn't drafted, I would snap him up.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duffy is available, Heaney, Carlos Martinez, Chavez, Jesse Hahn, and Pomeranz all available

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duffy is available, Heaney, Carlos Martinez, Chavez, Jesse Hahn, and Pomeranz all available

Out of that group, CMart and Heaney would be my top choices. I think they are all worth keeping an eye on. But remember, it's way early...a lot of things can happen. As far as Simon and CJ go, Simon is kinda interesting...and CJ was absolutely horrible last year, but he pitches in a nice pitchers park for a good team...if he rebounds, he could be good for you. Might help if he ditched the Head and Shoulders. ;)