• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking the PAC-12 Football Coaches

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaw is the man for sure but after UW whoops Stanford's ass this season he's going to be a legit #2 behind coach Pete.

Well let's :hope: that happens.....

But I'm not convinced Stanford is done quite yet.....
He's ( Shaw) rebounding pretty quick after a let down season, and they were hot at the end, it's going to be a battle, down there....

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let's :hope: that happens.....

But I'm not convinced Stanford is done quite yet.....
He's ( Shaw) rebounding pretty quick after a let down season, and they were hot at the end, it's going to be a battle, down there....

When 10 wins is a "let down" season then he's a really good coach.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaw was handed the keys to a program that was running on all cylinders and has kept it at a high level for quite some time now. Ask Helfrich how hard it is to keep that momentum going so all the props in the word to Shaw.

Leach is a hard dude to rank. On so many levels. WSU is a tough place to build a winning program. He as at least brought excitement which is something. It's not as boring to watch or talk about WSU football so there's that.

Willy can't be ranked or judged until we actually see some football decisions made on the field. Just because he's tight with the Harbaughs doesn't mean he's a coach of that caliber himself.

Mora is kind of a middle of the road coach, or at least it sure feels that way.

Utah is another smaller market area, but I'd like to see more success at this level to really elevate Whittingham. He did wonders for them before they joined the Pac.

Petersen has taken this team to the next level and feels like he is on top of the conference, but then so much change has come that there isn't a lot of competition for that top spot outside of Shaw. Helton had a hell of a season last year, but then USC nearly drives itself if whatever HC they have simply allows it to. Need to see them actually take that conference before calling him legit and probably more like at least a trip to the playoffs given their gluttony of talent.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think a winning percentage of 37% at USF and 32% at Western Kentucky fits you guys, who am I to argue.
Just seemed like an odd, out of place, hire of someone with no proven record. It's the exact opposite of "proven record".
What was stoops win % when he took over?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think a winning percentage of 37% at USF and 32% at Western Kentucky fits you guys, who am I to argue.
Just seemed like an odd, out of place, hire of someone with no proven record. It's the exact opposite of "proven record".
also not sure where you learned math but WKU win & was 44% and USF was 49%

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both jobs were huge rebuilding jobs so yes his first year or 2 count but considering where those teams were when he came and where they were when he left im ok with it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so @stanford the manford didn't like me giving props to Shaw for keeping that program going at a high level? :noidea:

Not sure what more I could have said. :lol:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersen is definitely in the running for the whiniest coach in the country, not sure he is in David Shaws league yet.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also not sure where you learned math but WKU win & was 44% and USF was 49%

Just looked up the years he coached at each and then went to Stassen and plugged in the info.

both jobs were huge rebuilding jobs so yes his first year or 2 count but considering where those teams were when he came and where they were when he left im ok with it.

I didn't look that far or dug down, so if there is a significant back story, then I'm not aware of it.
If you guys are good with it, that's all that matters.
He just can't really be on this list very high, I don't think, because of "potential".

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Peterson, Leach and Shaw and a bunch of mediocres.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looked up the years he coached at each and then went to Stassen and plugged in the info.

I didn't look that far or dug down, so if there is a significant back story, then I'm not aware of it.
If you guys are good with it, that's all that matters.
He just can't really be on this list very high, I don't think, because of "potential".
slightly off. he didn't coach the last bowls for either team

as for story lines WKU was 2-10 and 0-12 in the years before he was hired. and those were the first 2 years at FBS level. 08 as an indi and 09 in the Sun Belt. he then went 2-10, 7-5, 7-5 and got WKU to their first bowl. WKU went 8-4, 8-5, 12-2, 10-3 in the years after he left with his recruits. including their first bowl win and conference USA title.

in 2012 he leaves for USF who was coming off 5-7 and 3-9 seasons. he goes 2-10, 4-8, 8-5, 10-2 (and they won the won the bowl after he left) also remember USF has only been playing football for 20 years.

That's why a lot of people are high on his potential.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next time get on your knees and give better respect.....:heh:
Maybe manford is a closet leach fan and didn't care for my questioning his status on the list. :noidea:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to be fair, if someone is a Leach "fan" one has to be a little wacky just like Leach to understand him....
I think there are more leach 'fans' on this side of the mountains than there are over there which says a lot about why he doesn't belong in a list of the top 3. When your primary rival likes your coach more than you do it kind of says you aren't taking them entirely seriously.