• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rank the Most Important Positions

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never once slightly changed anything. Why do people constantly say things with zero basis. I didn’t negate that there is 2 tackles. I said they get drafted 3 times as much and it only should be twice as much if all things were equal. Yes, Guards were slightly more then two to one ratio. Guess what? Guard, like Center is one of the lesser valued positions. I never once slightly changed anything. I stayed consistent and to the point from the beginning. Harold accuses me of moving the goalposts and it made absolutely no sense at all. He said I was trying to change this to what is more important, LT or C. I said... someone else brought that up and I was speaking to them. How the fuck is that me moving the goalposts. Made absolutely zero sense.

I’m really starting to believe this love of Centers is along the same lines as the Steve Nash winning more MVPs then Kobe which is absolutely mind boggling. A lot of people could better relate to a guy who wasn’t a 6’8 super freak athlete. He was small, not very athletic and got good via hard work. People can relate to that. I think it’s the same as Center. A position that takes limited athletic ability. They aren’t super athletes. And I know this is controversial but honestly the majority are white. People can relate to that much better then some genetic freak like a young Julius Peppers. Center are bottom of the barrel athletes. The least athletic position on the field by a wide margin. Not athletically gifted enough to play tackle. Not big or strong enough to be a Guard. They don’t go one on one against anyone and help guards. Players aren’t even allowed to directly lineup over them anymore.

They have some important responsibilities, yes. They are also bottom of the barrel athletes that even if a team had a devastating hole at Center and a once in a century Center prospect was available they’d still pass if the had a top pick. That says something

Did not read...you’re a tard

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I was speaking to you[/QUOTE/]

Well this is kind of like football talk and opinion. Just because you think Centers are important and me and every GM in the NFL don’t that doesn’t mean anyone is “retarded”.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhhh. Thanks. Each round represents 15 percent of the draft.

Nope the first number is the total number of players drafted at that position in the last 5 seasons(All 7 rounds)

The second number is the amount of those picks that were 1st rounders

for example there were 56 QBs taken total in the last 5 drafts 16 of those 56 teams used a 1st round pick on, so 16/56 = 28% of the QBs taken were 1st rounders.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Tra Thomas completely lied on the radio? Is that what you're saying or just pissed cause he debunked your center isn't important theory.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PE1

Care to explain why Tra is wrong

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^two tackles on ever OL, one center. Also LT is acknowledged as a very important position. That's not what is being argued about in this thread, but keep deflecting and trying to change the subject. @PhoenixEagles1

It's amazing this thread has evolved into many other threads. It's classic.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well when we've talked about how often centers get drafted. I showed your draft stats dating back to 2010. Your reply is tackles get drafted three times as much as centers..........you negate the fact that there are two tackles, you also fail to leave out guards, who if u divde their draft number by 2, is almost identical to the # of centers drafted. You slightly change your argument and point, and avoid some inevitable facts. that is moving the goal posts. Slightly changing the argument each time to fit your agenda is moving the goal posts. Thats why people say you do it.

Remember, they don't get paid well either until those stats were brought up

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember, they don't get paid well either until those stats were brought up

They don’t. I already shot that down. I can again if you want. I didn’t hear Tra say that but I can post another ex players ranking that had Centers way down low. Care to explain that?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wrong again, dummy. Look at the numbers again, get your Texas Instruments pocket calculator, and do the really super duper simple math.

derp

Oh man. I was so off. I said 15% and it’s actually 14.28%.