• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers visit old friends in Oaktown on the road to the 2022 Draft - Aug 6-8

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay so how many prospects are we going to give away for this ACE?
I believe we gave up 3 or 4 for Lee, and only one of those was very highly thought of by some.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe we gave up 3 or 4 for Lee, and only one of those was very highly thought of by some.
By and large less prospects are required now than a few years back.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By and large less prospects are required now than a few years back.
Sorry you might be right but I believe that (1) we will not find an “ACE” worth anything or (2) if we do a trade that JD will give away 2 or 3 of our top prospects for this “ACE”

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry you might be right but I believe that (1) we will not find an “ACE” worth anything or (2) if we do a trade that JD will give away 2 or 3 of our top prospects for this “ACE”
If he gives up the equivalent of Smoak, Beaven, Lawson and Leuke I will be thrilled.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quotation marks. Seriously lol
For record an Ace is not urgent. We are 3rd worst in league Pershing prospects turn out ok. Have to think Jung will and we have some good pitching ahead in Winn and Leiter but Too early to say re Foscue and Crimm. We have others who may be better Acosta Davis W etc but service players are easy. Winning pieces are more difficult to mine

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not what I meant we wasted money signing a bunch of level 4 or 5 FA types. And we’ll probably do it again this off season.

and then next season JD will probably trade away prospects for some reaching the end of the road ACE
For what it's worth I said sign gray and syndergaard, I'm not high on any of the FA hitters really, other than maybe Conforto or Castellanos

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe Jung can stay at 3B?
Foscue at 2nd.
And whoever is the best at SS remains and the other goes to CF.
LF is also an option if Jung can’t play 3B Foscue could move to LF or Jung

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry but only in your dreams.
Were you living under a rock the last couple of years? That is all we have heard or read whenever the Rangers have been looking to trade a veteran. "The return for veterans at deadline time is less than it used to be." It isn't a dream, it is the hard reality that we have had to face ever since we attempted to trade Yu.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you living under a rock the last couple of years? That is all we have heard or read whenever the Rangers have been looking to trade a veteran. "The return for veterans at deadline time is less than it used to be." It isn't a dream, it is the hard reality that we have had to face ever since we attempted to trade Yu.
What is a fact is that JD always set too high a price for the veterans he was looking to trade while the teams who looked to trade for them. What JD forgot was that you ask higher and they offer lower than the actual value of the trade and you negotiate to some midpoint hoping to get slightly more than the expected. JD took Atlanta and since then he has expected top dollar return in every trade he’s involved in

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is a fact is that JD always set too high a price for the veterans he was looking to trade while the teams who looked to trade for them. What JD forgot was that you ask higher and they offer lower than the actual value of the trade and you negotiate to some midpoint hoping to get slightly more than the expected. JD took Atlanta and since then he has expected top dollar return in every trade he’s involved in

id agree with this, but I also think the last few years teams have been too scared to trade prospects and really “go for it”. Thankfully, that wasn’t the case this year.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have read about teams being less willing to give up prospects for veterans when it doesn't have anything to do with JD and the Rangers. It is that way across the sport.

And even if that had not changed, I would still be looking forward to trading prospects for an ace sometime in 2023 or 2024.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have read about teams being less willing to give up prospects for veterans when it doesn't have anything to do with JD and the Rangers. It is that way across the sport.
Every team wants to give up less than face value that’s a fact and over the last few years teams in some cases have been willing to accept less. That doesn’t mean the trend will continue

BULLPEN FAILURE

Headed to a more competent location
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think gilbert debuted against us earlier this year