• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers visit Los Angeles Angels of Orange County of Anaheim of California of America...

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this trade to get Hamilton back is an attempt to appease the Gods-of-Baseball, in hopes of quelling our injury plague for the next three years.

"See, we're good people. We're taking Josh back, and no hard feelings Mr Baseball."

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 mil a year? Now it's looking better.

We paid more than that for Rich Harden didnt we, maybe even w no production it won't be a worse move than Chan Ho or Choo

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this trade to get Hamilton back is an attempt to appease the Gods-of-Baseball, in hopes of quelling our injury plague for the next three years.

"See, we're good people. We're taking Josh back, and no hard feelings Mr Baseball."

How are we going to go about unpissing off Nolan Ryan?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see josh with fucking hat in hand.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see josh with fucking hat in hand.

Supposed to be able to resume all baseball activities next week for the Rangers, we will see what he's got fairly soon

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need for the facepalm there, I was being a smartass.

I certainly took it that way.

But hey, all we can do, is what we can do. And taking Josh back, at the new reported price, certainly seems like "nothing ventured, nothing gained" to me.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly took it that way.

But hey, all we can do, is what we can do. And taking Josh back, at the new reported price, certainly seems like "nothing ventured, nothing gained" to me.

I hate it less at 7 million than 15 million, by about 8 million or so.

Honestly there is no way to know what he becomes once back. I hope for the best but until then Im going to bitch, because of the way he acted when he left and hope that I'm the one that looks like an ass at the end.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly there is no way to know what he becomes once back. I hope for the best but until then Im going to bitch, because of the way he acted when he left and hope that I'm the one that looks like an ass at the end.

I hated and cursed him as much as anyone when he left. He quit on his team mates and that's unacceptable. Some of those same team members seem to be willing to give him another chance so I guess I will too. I don't think he cares much about baseball anymore, and after getting a big buyout I don't expect much out of this situation. It might put some butts in the seats though, and I'm sure that's one of the primary reasons JD is taking a chance.

He can't hit any worse than Choo and Smolinski.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All you can honestly expect of anyone, IMO, is to show up prepared, try to focus, and play hard. After that, what you get is exactly that. But if a guy hustles and give 100%, yet fails, I may be disappointed in the lack of results, but I won't be bad-mouthing him.

Hopefully Josh - even in his simple, drugged addled brain - knows this is his last rodeo. Go out and play like your 18 again, and give it your best until your out of gas.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Ceej take back his stuff about how bad we treated Josh now? We didn't pay 68 MM to get rid of him.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need for the facepalm there, I was being a smartass.

It wasn't a face palm at you. It was a general face palm to the notion of the whole idea which has actually garnered mention on MLB network.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a face palm at you. It was a general face palm to the notion of the whole idea which has actually garnered mention on MLB network.

Thought that may have been the case, I was just clarifying in case someone actually thought I bought into that shit for 1 second.

Nolan certainly wouldn't inflict injuries on our guys

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Ventura misses one start? He's already thrown at multiple players this year and he misses a start? Give me a break.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Ventura misses one start? He's already thrown at multiple players this year and he misses a start? Give me a break.

Really....first thing I thought too. But maybe they fined the hell-outta him. Not sure on that.

Chris Sales was so upset, he tried to get into the Royals locker room to get at him, after the game.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Volquez has been the instigator in these type of situations before, wasn't it him that kicked someone in the face before when benches cleared, up against the backstop? He should receive more than 5 games or 1 start as well.

Pitcher suspensions are really are dumb most of the time anyway, as they generally only miss one game and the other 6 days don't mean jack.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will go way out on a limb here and say we get more from Josh than we got from Berkman.

I really think JD sees this as something to help us next year as much as anything. Maybe Josh bridges a gap between now and the Williams/Brinson era.

Maybe it helps JD feel better about trading Choo at the deadline if Choo ever gets his act together enough to become tradeable.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Volquez has been the instigator in these type of situations before, wasn't it him that kicked someone in the face before when benches cleared, up against the backstop? He should receive more than 5 games or 1 start as well.

Pitcher suspensions are really are dumb most of the time anyway, as they generally only miss one game and the other 6 days don't mean jack.

Not positive on this one. But if he was the one, he didn't learn his lesson. B/c someone caught up with him before it was all said-and-done and landed about 5 hay-makers on him. I mean it was a butt-kicking of extraordinary proportions.

Status
Not open for further replies.