• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to the Great Northwest to Play Mariners 6/10-6/12

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not see the game last night and I won't see one until next Friday. I wonder how much of having Chirinos behind the plate could have affected Holland? Maybe not at all but curious. Also, when Seattle was in town I could not figure out why we would throw fastballs to Lee because he would be all over them whereas with slow stuff he really struggled. So I am not sure what type of pitches he hit out last night but if they were high velocity pitches then that is on us.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said that other day that it looked like Moreland was starting to come around. That he was seeing the ball well. So I hope he is ready to go on one of his hot streak's. Prince, you stink and Banister quit sacrificing this lineup for the sake of 1 guy.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Cordell did something last night that I don't think I have seen happen. He came to the plate 5 times and struck out all 5 times.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly not even mad about last night. Offense did enough, and Wilhelmsen was decent. Tolleson still sucks, but whatever. Maybe Mitch is coming around. Nice to see Rua hit one out after a couple ugly at bats. The only person I'm aggravated with is Derek. Guess he's going to just be a decent #4 with the occasional dominating stretch of game or two. At least our key bullpen guys got a night off.

Last edited:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and holaday was 1-3 w a run and Wilson has been performing. I just think you stay w whats working before you insert a guy just off the DL

I don't think he was going to be able to stay on the DL much longer even with his rehab assignment, he has to play at some point

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's funny is that earlier it was stressed to me that his whole career is what matters and now you are putting the emphasis on the recent performances. lol

By me?

I believe as I said last night that part of the problem were people's expectations for Derek. I believe lots of people had expectations that his career would be better than it has so far and thus the disappointments. I thought he would come around after the promise at the end of 2014 but he continues to show glimpses of promise and then several of these clunkers. He's strung together 3 pretty good starts this year but the end of last year and the rest of this year lead me to believe this is what we will get the majority of time going forward. I never had that high of expectations for him, even after his 2011 WS performance but call me the outlier or a fool, whatever.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he was going to be able to stay on the DL much longer even with his rehab assignment, he has to play at some point

I don't think he could have stayed on the DL either. He has to perform and have the same production or similar to what the others were providing to take over their starts is what I was saying. Though I guess you don't know until he plays some. I just think he needs to earn the everyday starter role before being the #1 catcher, when the others are performing so well.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a report that the Mariners Justin DeFratus saying he has been traded to the Rangers. In 19 games at AAA 3.21 era. Anybody else heard anything.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a report that the Mariners Justin DeFratus saying he has been traded to the Rangers. In 19 games at AAA 3.21 era. Anybody else heard anything.

Haven't heard of this. But he was released in Mar and then resigned to a ML contract.

He's been pretty much a washout since 2014 when he had a very good year. But a fresh start may be just what he needs.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't heard of this. But he was released in Mar and then resigned to a ML contract.

He's been pretty much a washout since 2014 when he had a very good year. But a fresh start may be just what he needs.[/QUOT
Yea. You wouldn't think he could be any worse than Tolly.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By me?

I believe as I said last night that part of the problem were people's expectations for Derek. I believe lots of people had expectations that his career would be better than it has so far and thus the disappointments. I thought he would come around after the promise at the end of 2014 but he continues to show glimpses of promise and then several of these clunkers. He's strung together 3 pretty good starts this year but the end of last year and the rest of this year lead me to believe this is what we will get the majority of time going forward. I never had that high of expectations for him, even after his 2011 WS performance but call me the outlier or a fool, whatever.
No, not by you alone. That is what happens when I, or anyone for that matter, converse with different folks about the same subject. One person will come from one angle and another person from the opposite angle. Nothing wrong, but I found it amusing.

I am hoping that he just still had some recovering to do from last year because before last year he had put together a good pretty good string other than that time he lost all of that weight in 2012. We shall see.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hoping for JD to find another O'Day type reliever on a scrap heap and have him turn into a productive bullpen piece. Maybe this De Fratus is that guy.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just lost me by mentioning Hamels in a discussion about Holland...have fun sticking up for a dude who has given you no reason to believe he's ever going to be better than an oft injured starter who is at best a 4.
I think we were both "lost" when we started the discussion because we are coming from two completely different perspectives. You have given up on him and I haven't so we are never going to be anything but "lost" in a discussion about him. Maybe I am being way too optimistic. Time will tell.

Hopefully my optimism will prove to be just as well founded as my optimism about Profar seems to have been. Then again, I can think of several other guys who I have been optimistic about who never panned out.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't pay much attention to the baseball draft, primarily b/c it's such a crap shoot each and every year.
Guys drafted in the 1st fold, while guys drafted in the 23rd round become everyday players.

But I'm glad for a man like Bennie who can keep us all in the loop.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the "Great Holland debate" is concerned, I guess you'd have to color me as I'm in the "I expected more than I should have" group.

Earlier in his career, specifically after he manhandled the Cards, I really thought/hoped he turn into a solid #3 if not a #2 type starter.

To date, I'd say I aimed a tad or two too high.