• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers travel to cellar dweller A's 6/13-6/16

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fielder back at 4 tonight?! :wash:

Chirinos in back to back games, guess the HR last night and he can go multiple games in a row now. Earlier in the week it was reported he would alternate and not go back to back games for a week to 10 days

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya'll going to be here tonight?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. I hope to be but that's not a promise

yeah i always have the potential to bolt if i get pissed enough, but generally I stick it out for the masochist in me

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rua is no worse against RHP than Prince or Mitch is against either.
MM needs to be gone asap for a relief pitcher and to protect Rua imo

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Fielder @4 is insane.

Im hoping he can provide anything there, the only other option in that lineup might be Desmond, and they need him at the top. Look I know its not ideal and its gonna make me look just as ridiculous as Banister to everyone else, but based on the results of late, the others really aren't much of options either, and against Gray, if he's as good as he was before. Profar has taken a few walks lately and had 1 hit last night, but he and Odor and Mazara have struggled for the last week or so, aside from Odor's game winning HR in Seattle. EA may be the hottest lately but he isn't hitting 4th ever, w his lack of real power. Maybe we get lucky and Prince runs into a couple by accident

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im hoping he can provide anything there, the only other option in that lineup might be Desmond, and they need him at the top. Look I know its not ideal and its gonna make me look just as ridiculous as Banister to everyone else, but based on the results of late, the others really aren't much of options either, and against Gray, if he's as good as he was before. Profar has taken a few walks lately and had 1 hit last night, but he and Odor and Mazara have struggled for the last week or so, aside from Odor's game winning HR in Seattle. EA may be the hottest lately but he isn't hitting 4th ever, w his lack of real power. Maybe we get lucky and Prince runs into a couple by accident
You're right on here. Gray's 5.35 era gives me a little hope. Prince at #4 is just a surprise. Understanding Banister is a mystery every day. Derek needs to go deep b/c the pen will have the same problem as last night.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right on here. Gray's 5.35 era gives me a little hope. Prince at #4 is just a surprise. Understanding Banister is a mystery every day. Derek needs to go deep b/c the pen will have the same problem as last night.

Im hoping Gray pitches just bad enough to lose by 10 tonight and Derek is good enough to go 8, and get a win. That is more begging than hoping though. Banister is a mystery at times

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't agree with Fielder at #4 either.

I am not crazy about it, but again who's a better option at the moment? Mitch? If there was a lefty going for Oakland, Rua is in the 4 hole again. Id probably have Rua in the lineup tonight anyway, but you really can't bat him 4th vs a righty, even if he was. Jeff is just playing the odds, would be my guess