• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers travel to cellar dweller A's 6/13-6/16

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to Claudio wasn't the wrong call. A major league pitcher should be able to get 3 outs without giving up 6 runs. Claudio had nothing last night.

Agreed, using Dyson in that game was the wrong call, there was at least one more guy that could've been allowed to failed before it was necessary to involve Dyson or Diekman

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, using Dyson in that game was the wrong call, there was at least one more guy that could've been allowed to failed before it was necessary to involve Dyson or Diekman

I miss Phil Klein big time.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've given Barnette a chance before Claudio, Dyson or Diekman, probably Bush too

Yeah I would have gone with him at some point. Bush had not pitched in a few games and it was 3 runs when he started warming, so I am not upset he went.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he went 2.1 the night before. I am more mad at Claudio than Banister on this one. Get fucking outs.

Absolutely. Banister had his hands tied. I might've gone with Barnette or Jackson, but I don't fault Banny for going with Claudio. That's ridiculous and unacceptable. Get that spare off the roster.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. Banister had his hands tied. I might've gone with Barnette or Jackson, but I don't fault Banny for going with Claudio. That's ridiculous and unacceptable. Get that spare off the roster.
Jackson is in Round Rock.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I probably would've let Barnette pitch. I don't want to see Claudio pitch any more.
Not going forward no. I thought okay 6 runs he might give up one or two runs and get three outs but w/e...that one out was way too hard to get.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what I'm gathering is, Claudio sucks and shouldn't be on the team, but using him was the right call.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what I'm gathering is, Claudio sucks and shouldn't be on the team, but using him was the right call.

With a 6 run lead it's the right call to use your worst pitchers to mop up. There is no debate on that one. You use the shittiest guy that you don't care about in that situation. If he can't get three outs you escalate and find the second to shittiest guy etc. Banny freaked out and burned Dyson instead.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I would do with Rua is have him start every game with LHP at either 1B or DH. I would rotate Prince and Mitch to have off days vs LHP. That keeps them from wearing down if they are are going to be on the team, and it keeps Rua engaged. I would also use him as a PH vs left relievers over Mitch.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I would do with Rua is have him start every game with LHP at either 1B or DH. I would rotate Prince and Mitch to have off days vs LHP. That keeps them from wearing down if they are are going to be on the team, and it keeps Rua engaged. I would also use him as a PH vs left relievers over Mitch.

Agreed, there has to be a way to work them all in, Rua should start against every LHP going forward for sure, depending on the day those ABs will come at the expense of Mazara, Choo, Moreland, Fielder, or even Profar

Hopefully JD can figure out a move for when Beltre gets back b/c Profar needs a place to play at that point

I'd just assume wash my hands of Fielder but unfortunately he's been "warming up" lately, I'm worried its just a false positive though, and an excuse to leave them in there far longer than they should again

LF/RF - Mazara, Choo (don't care honestly, they're your COFs)
CF - Desmond
3B - Beltre
SS - Andrus
2B - Odor
1B - Rua/Moreland
C - Holyday/Wilson/Chirinos
DH - Profar

honestly though, one of these gets pushed out of the lineup by a sub .600, overweight "DH"

Last edited:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at OPS for this year, then the lineup doesn't change really, the 9 best hitters against LH & RH pitchers are the same minus Profar and Rua flipping spots against LH & RH pitchers, either way Fielder doesn't have an OPS in the top 10 against either LH (.580) or RH (.605) pitchers and that's not counting people not currently on the roster like Nicholas or DDJ

Moreland is actually firmly entrenched as a guy that's solid not spectacular versus RHPs (.745) but not useless against LHPs (.683)

I gave Choo a pass this go round, just not enough ABs... but given his history he'd be a candidate to sit some versus LHPs and allow Rua to swing over to LF and allow Profar extra ABs against LHPs in the leadoff spot

Considering the start he had, its actually surprising Profar has done so poorly against LHPs (.442), so don't know if that's even an option right now, plus resting against LHPs might be good for Profar going forward overall.... once Beltre is healthy that is

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea why our overworked closer was used in a game we were leading 7-1 at one point.

Bush could have gone two.
Could yes. Should no. And Sam will not last at the rate he is being used.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the play where Desmond almost beat out a potential DP?

I like Grieve's comment, "not naming any names, but there's a team out there with 3 or 4 guys that wouldn't run that out" IMO I took it as a back handed shot at the Blue Jays, did anyone else pick up on that

**Sorry about my tardiness, I didn't feel like opening up my laptop last night, and I'm going back through the messages now**

Yeah I knew exactly who he was talking about, being Bitchtista and Donalduck

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I knew exactly who he was talking about, being Bitchtista and Donalduck

Hate to say it, but the Jays have been doing much better as of late. I'd rather see them not make the playoffs at all.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why didn't Perez pitch the 8th inning and then have Bush for the 9th? What is wrong with a starter going up to and past 100 pitches? I understood this in April, but not so much in June.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at OPS for this year, then the lineup doesn't change really, the 9 best hitters against LH & RH pitchers are the same minus Profar and Rua flipping spots against LH & RH pitchers, either way Fielder doesn't have an OPS in the top 10 against either LH (.580) or RH (.605) pitchers and that's not counting people not currently on the roster like Nicholas or DDJ

Moreland is actually firmly entrenched as a guy that's solid not spectacular versus RHPs (.745) but not useless against LHPs (.683)

I gave Choo a pass this go round, just not enough ABs... but given his history he'd be a candidate to sit some versus LHPs and allow Rua to swing over to LF and allow Profar extra ABs against LHPs in the leadoff spot

Considering the start he had, its actually surprising Profar has done so poorly against LHPs (.442), so don't know if that's even an option right now, plus resting against LHPs might be good for Profar going forward overall.... once Beltre is healthy that is
As we know most likely Fielder bats every game regardless the pitcher.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the play where Desmond almost beat out a potential DP?

I like Grieve's comment, "not naming any names, but there's a team out there with 3 or 4 guys that wouldn't run that out" IMO I took it as a back handed shot at the Blue Jays, did anyone else pick up on that

**Sorry about my tardiness, I didn't feel like opening up my laptop last night, and I'm going back through the messages now**
Grieve also made that comment in the series after we played the Jays. They have a manager that encourages their complaining and attitude.