• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers travel to cellar dweller A's 6/13-6/16

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not up for Profar experiment at 3B. Belte is under contract. Yes he is not comfortable. No playing time in minors at 3B

While AB is hurt who plays everyday 3rd for ya?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I turned it on we were already 6 runs behind, so I didn't spend but a few minutes before moving on.

But I did come away with one thought, it mattered not who played each corner OF position. ha

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks that when our SP gets solid our BP goes to trash. We need to see if we can get a couple of solid BP guys. The lesser known dudes like JD tends to find who are reliable workhorses. There aren't many in the BP I trust. I think that list starts and ends with Deakman...which is funny because the Philly fans swore he was terrible.

You don't trust Dyson? He's far more effective than Diekman if you actually look at numbers beyond ERA

Diekman has gotten pretty lucky so far... For me he's the epitome of the wildly effective reliever

He's due for a wildly ineffective appearance soon, too many walks

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks that when our SP gets solid our BP goes to trash. We need to see if we can get a couple of solid BP guys. The lesser known dudes like JD tends to find who are reliable workhorses. There aren't many in the BP I trust. I think that list starts and ends with Deakman...which is funny because the Philly fans swore he was terrible.

Dyson and bush are solid. Though, Dyson needs to use that change up more sparingly.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dyson and bush are solid. Though, Dyson needs to use that change up more sparingly.

I think he's trying to make it into an effective offering to complement his fastball, which it would be... if he can get it to that point, which he's struggled with

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't trust Dyson? He's far more effective than Diekman if you actually look at numbers beyond ERA

Diekman has gotten pretty lucky so far... For me he's the epitome of the wildly effective reliever

He's due for a wildly ineffective appearance soon, too many walks

He is very wild, but I don't mind that as long as we can use him for specific batters. We don't seem to have that BP this year, every guy is expected to go a full inning. I'd like to get back to having a solid setup and closer so that the 8th and 9th are taken care of. Then if you need Deakman to face one lefty, you can. He gets in trouble when he is expected to go 20 pitches for 3+ batters.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is very wild, but I don't mind that as long as we can use him for specific batters. We don't seem to have that BP this year, every guy is expected to go a full inning. I'd like to get back to having a solid setup and closer so that the 8th and 9th are taken care of. Then if you need Deakman to face one lefty, you can. He gets in trouble when he is expected to go 20 pitches for 3+ batters.

I have no problem with Diekman, but to say your list of trustworthy relievers starts and ends with Diekman is a bit absurd IMO

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bush and Dyson are both solid. Kela will help too.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't know how you justify keeping Rua out of the lineup, at least against LHPs, at this point.... and he's even got to the point where he's not terrible against RHPs (.224/.298/.408/.706 OPS)

Moreland is coming around and Choo's going to get a shot to play coming off the DL, that once again leaves Fielder the odd man out

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I feel like Bush is about to hit a massive wall. He has already shown that if you use him more than a few times in a week he quickly loses his ability to finish off a batter.

Dyson, I know there is a lot of love for him but he scares the fire out of me. He isn't a dominant closer. I expect when he comes in that at least one runner will get on base. I have no issues with runners on base, but he should be able to have 3 up, 3 down innings more often than he seems to. I have to look at the numbers, make sure I don't just have a pessimistic view of him. He is lightyears better than Tally right now, but that isn't setting the bar too high.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What roster move do you make? Also, Gallo probably isn't much of an upgrade defensively.

DFA Tolleson
Drop one of our 3 catchers (I love them all, but 3 when they are all healthy?)

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Bush is about to hit a massive wall. He has already shown that if you use him more than a few times in a week he quickly loses his ability to finish off a batter.

Dyson, I know there is a lot of love for him but he scares the fire out of me. He isn't a dominant closer. I expect when he comes in that at least one runner will get on base. I have no issues with runners on base, but he should be able to have 3 up, 3 down innings more often than he seems to. I have to look at the numbers, make sure I don't just have a pessimistic view of him. He is lightyears better than Tally right now, but that isn't setting the bar too high.

Dyson's .98 WHIP this season says you're wrong.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DFA Tolleson
Drop one of our 3 catchers (I love them all, but 3 when they are all healthy?)

We need a bullpen piece then. Also, I'm good with going to two catchers.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you are watching a different pitcher if that's your observation

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from SI's Chris Corcoran on best player from each organization.

328248-300x300.png
DEREK HOLLAND, RANGERS, LHP
25th round, 2006 | Age: 29 | bWAR: 10.0
The Rangers’ best homegrown players were all signed as amateur free agents out of Latin America—Elvis Andrus, Rougned Odor and Martin Perez from Venezuela, Nomar Mazara from the Dominican Republic and Jurickson Profar from Curaçao. As a result, Holland’s primary competition for this distinction is Mitch Moreland, who is a year older, has compiled just 4.1 bWAR in his career and is due to leave as a free agent this winter. Holland was a draft-and-follow pick, a since abolished rule under which teams could draft a player, then watch them pitch a season in junior college before deciding whether or not to sign them. Holland signed with Texas on May 20, 2007.