• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Play 2 In Houston Sept. 17-18

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
new thread is up

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is there is a lot of railing of Odor while others like Elvis gets a free pass. I get people are scared Solak could be left in the cold which I also think would be a mistake

I also agree with JTA that the issue with Odor has been beat to pieces. Let it play out.

We can have different opinions but it is good to be civil
The point I was trying to make, was much bigger than Odor and concentrated on management not getting things right. Any time that subject is broached Odor will be mentioned because it is a prime example. I tried to make the post about a lot more than Odor though. It is just that some folks can see a longer post and only focus on a small part of it for some reason. That is being too easily triggered.

If someone wants to mention Odor every day, 5 times a day, I don't care. I say let the board play out. Let folks talk about what they want to.

It is great to be civil to each other and I always try to. I don't care if folks disagree with me. That is fine and keeps the board interesting. I will not let it go when someone calls me a liar though. That is when the line is crossed and civility is no longer possible. I never lie to put forth a point or to try and make it stronger. If the point can't stand on its own then that is too bad; I am not going to lose my integrity to make a sports point. I am not a liar, and I am not going to stand for anyone to imply or say differently. That is a lot different than differing in opinions.

Also, Elvis did not get a free pass on here. It got so bad and so widespread that I remember once, Donaldson, asked me why I never said anything negative about Elvis. Elvis was such a whipping boy that it stood out to Donaldson that I didn't participate. That was when Elvis had a prolonged period of disappointing folks and not just part of one season. You are right, that he is not getting as much flack as Odor this year, but when he went through a prolonged poor period he sure did.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is there is a lot of railing of Odor while others like Elvis gets a free pass. I get people are scared Solak could be left in the cold which I also think would be a mistake

I also agree with JTA that the issue with Odor has been beat to pieces. Let it play out.

We can have different opinions but it is good to be civil

Fair or not, Elvis gets much more slack from rangers fans. He has several things going for him.

1) Elvis was here for “ the good times” many ranger fans and myself included like having him out there because he is our only active link to those great years. Everything about them was great except for the whole World Series part.

2) Elvis is indisputably a smart baseball player. He plays pretty sound defense. Doesn’t usually make boneheaded plays. Very good base runner. A lot of elements in his game, besides his hitting are top notch.

Odor has the reputation of a ball player who doesn’t have good situational awareness, makes sloppy plays in the field, and seems to always get thrown out. He is also the strikeout king.

It is much much tougher to watch Odor play baseball than Elvis.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point I was trying to make, was much bigger than Odor and concentrated on management not getting things right. Any time that subject is broached Odor will be mentioned because it is a prime example. I tried to make the post about a lot more than Odor though. It is just that some folks can see a longer post and only focus on a small part of it for some reason. That is being too easily triggered.

If someone wants to mention Odor every day, 5 times a day, I don't care. I say let the board play out. Let folks talk about what they want to.

It is great to be civil to each other and I always try to. I don't care if folks disagree with me. That is fine and keeps the board interesting. I will not let it go when someone calls me a liar though. That is when the line is crossed and civility is no longer possible. I never lie to put forth a point or to try and make it stronger. If the point can't stand on its own then that is too bad; I am not going to lose my integrity to make a sports point. I am not a liar, and I am not going to stand for anyone to imply or say differently. That is a lot different than differing in opinions.

Also, Elvis did not get a free pass on here. It got so bad and so widespread that I remember once, Donaldson, asked me why I never said anything negative about Elvis. Elvis was such a whipping boy that it stood out to Donaldson that I didn't participate. That was when Elvis had a prolonged period of disappointing folks and not just part of one season. You are right, that he is not getting as much flack as Odor this year, but when he went through a prolonged poor period he sure did.

I did not see it as you being called out as a liar but more of you throwing out your slant in the situations We all do this to some degree to support our our view of things. I am more seen likely as a JD homer but like you did not go after Elvis because of so much of it happening perhaps I am only supporting him due to my perceived disdain of him by others on this board. I cut him slack more than some think I should.

I quoted OPS which I think you like and staved off past criticism of Gallo but some think more highly of batting average. We assess differently

However, We all have one thing in common on this board and it is we are all huge Rangers fans with the team wining the WS big on our bucket list. We just think there are different paths to get there.

I admit I have been peeved but yet I still come back for more punishment.......This is a great board.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair or not, Elvis gets much more slack from rangers fans. He has several things going for him.

1) Elvis was here for “ the good times” many ranger fans and myself included like having him out there because he is our only active link to those great years. Everything about them was great except for the whole World Series part.

2) Elvis is indisputably a smart baseball player. He plays pretty sound defense. Doesn’t usually make boneheaded plays. Very good base runner. A lot of elements in his game, besides his hitting are top notch.

Odor has the reputation of a ball player who doesn’t have good situational awareness, makes sloppy plays in the field, and seems to always get thrown out. He is also the strikeout king.

It is much much tougher to watch Odor play baseball than Elvis.

Except in Toronto lest we forget. Lol

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except in Toronto lest we forget. Lol

True.....I still don’t blame him for that series tho. We inexplicably blew 2 home games and were 0-4 overall against the jays at home in the playoffs.

Ranger fans should be happy to see the globe go. I mean not just because of air conditioning, we SUCKED in home playoff games in that ball park for some reason. There really is no explanation because our home record during the regular season there is always pretty good.

Let’s reshuffle that deck and start over with a new park. Perhaps we will have a real home field advantage next time we go to the playoffs. We’ve never really had one.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never called you a liar... so in that sense, now you are a liar