• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Play 2 In Houston Sept. 17-18

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Realistically speaking, they should’ve announced months ago that Gallo was shut down for the season. No use bringing him back in a dead season. It’s not worth the risk of injuring himself again.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guzzie homers and gets us within 1. 3-2.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helllllloooooooo thar.:noidea:

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I coach on Wednesday Night for another month plus. See we are down by one

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solak with a needed hit. RISP now.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And King Roogie strikes out with risp.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well did not see much but guess Allard did ok

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And King Roogie strikes out with risp.

Did you expect anything else?

We’re playing a good opponent. Not Baltimore, KC, or Seattle. He’s a junk hitter, he can’t hit good pitching.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you expect anything else?

We’re playing a good opponent. Not Baltimore, KC, or Seattle. He’s a junk hitter, he can’t hit good pitching.
He hit over .300 in the last 5 games against TB and Oakland with 3 HRs and 6 RBIs. But I am sure you will scrutinize that as well.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hit over .300 in the last 5 games against TB and Oakland with 3 HRs and 6 RBIs. But I am sure you will scrutinize that as well.

And a lot of loud outs as well and in the midst of a bad year Odor OPS is still higher than Elvis, DDJ Forsythe IKF and a few more subs and cast offs on the team. Yet he is singled out. What a disconnect with reality and bias.

But for some reason a whipping boy is desired

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a lot of loud outs as well and in the midst of a bad year Odor OPS is still higher than Elvis, DDJ Forsythe IKF and a few more subs and cast offs on the team. Yet he is singled out. What a disconnect with reality and bias.

But for some reason a whipping boy is desired
I remember when Elvis was the whipping boy on this board. Somehow that all changed after Wash left. That points out something important to remember. It is the decision makers who should be held responsible.

I don't know what they decided to ask Odor to do differently, but many act as if they are nor surprised that it will take him over a year to digest and work out. Maybe the decision to ask anyone who has played as long as Odor has, to make that big of a change, is a bad decision to begin with. Last year we at least got two very good months from Rougned. This year we get a few days here and there. He made adjustments last summer, he made different ones in ST this year, and now he is supposedly making even more. It seems like bad decision making to constantly try and remake him.

We have changed managers twice over the last few years with big changes supposedly coming from each manager. The organizational staff is undergoing major changes again after this season and they have seen a lot of changes over the past few years as well.

It just seems like the decision makers at the very top keep making changes. It seems like they are frantically seeking answers and can't find them. Somewhere along the way, JD and company have lost their way. They still do some things really well and yet, with some things they seem to stumble all over themselves.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when Elvis was the whipping boy on this board. Somehow that all changed after Wash left. That points out something important to remember. It is the decision makers who should be held responsible.

I don't know what they decided to ask Odor to do differently, but many act as if they are nor surprised that it will take him over a year to digest and work out. Maybe the decision to ask anyone who has played as long as Odor has, to make that big of a change, is a bad decision to begin with. Last year we at least got two very good months from Rougned. This year we get a few days here and there. He made adjustments last summer, he made different ones in ST this year, and now he is supposedly making even more. It seems like bad decision making to constantly try and remake him.

We have changed managers twice over the last few years with big changes supposedly coming from each manager. The organizational staff is undergoing major changes again after this season and they have seen a lot of changes over the past few years as well.

It just seems like the decision makers at the very top keep making changes. It seems like they are frantically seeking answers and can't find them. Somewhere along the way, JD and company have lost their way. They still do some things really well and yet, with some things they seem to stumble all over themselves.

He had a good July and is having a good September so far

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a good July and is having a good September so far
Lol You purposely missed the whole point.

He had two good stretches in July that were divided by a 3 for 29 stint. He had a really good 5 game stretch this month that has been followed by going 5 for 29. Exactly like I said above. It is nothing close to the stretch he had last year.

Whether he has good 5 day stretches or good 15 game stretches the point I made in my last post is the same and I know you know that. If he hits .500 to close out this season it won't change anything.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol You purposely missed the whole point.

He had two good stretches in July that were divided by a 3 for 29 stint. He had a really good 5 game stretch this month that has been followed by going 5 for 29. Exactly like I said above. It is nothing close to the stretch he had last year.

Whether he has good 5 day stretches or good 15 game stretches the point I made in my last post is the same and I know you know that. If he hits .500 to close out this season it won't change anything.

No you said he at least had 2 good months last year, implying he hasn't had that this year, you're purposely leaving out information to make your point,

False narrative, you and Nightcrawler's forte

Don't post BS if you don't want to get called out

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you said he at least had 2 good months last year, implying he hasn't had that this year, you're purposely leaving out information to make your point,

False narrative, you and Nightcrawler's forte

Don't post BS if you don't want to get called out
You failed to call out anything. You have the false narrative. Your description of what I said is a complete falsehiod, all the while completely ignoring the main topic.

What I said was completely true and only someone purposely trying to be difficult could have taken it wrong .He had an elongated stretch last year where he hit very, very well. He has put together a few much shorter streaks this year.

You are either drunk or purposely trying to.be a jerk. You aren't that dumb so it must be one of those two.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You failed to call out anything. You have the false narrative. Your description of what I said is a complete falsehiod, all the while completely ignoring the main topic.

What I said was completely true and only someone purposely trying to be difficult could have taken it wrong .He had an elongated stretch last year where he hit very, very well. He has put together a few much shorter streaks this year.

You are either drunk or purposely trying to.be a jerk. You aren't that dumb so it must be one of those two.

Definitely not drunk and not trying to be a jerk either, just tired of your selective language, have a good one... I think I'm officially done here for the season... this board is more aggravating than Rangers baseball right now

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not drunk and not trying to be a jerk either, just tired of your selective language, have a good one... I think I'm officially done here for the season... this board is more aggravating than Rangers baseball right now
Good, the board is better off without jerks. Go snap at someone else for no good reason.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is there is a lot of railing of Odor while others like Elvis gets a free pass. I get people are scared Solak could be left in the cold which I also think would be a mistake

I also agree with JTA that the issue with Odor has been beat to pieces. Let it play out.

We can have different opinions but it is good to be civil

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many fly specks in the pepper.