• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers on the road for 4 in Tampa - 4/12-15

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep thinking same about Gallo.
True, and he's not the only one that is having that problem so far this year...

Thing of it is I don't know of a place that differentiates between swinging and caught looking strikeouts, to where you can try to make a judgement on that persons amount of strikeouts... :think:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, and he's not the only one that is having that problem so far this year...

Thing of it is I don't know of a place that differentiates between swinging and caught looking strikeouts, to where you can try to make a judgement on that persons amount of strikeouts... :think:
It is a good time to evaluate but some of these guys just need more time in triple A imo. Once a player has had time in MLB and still has K problems is a different story. Tough being a GM sometimes.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a good time to evaluate but some of these guys just need more time in triple A imo. Once a player has had time in MLB and still has K problems is a different story. Tough being a GM sometimes.
If you just look at stats like BA, HR, RBI's and Ks you don't really get the whole picture of some of these guys you got to look at the full picture...

Take Joey for instance most folks get on him cause he strikes out a lot, but if you don't know if he swung at bad pitches or was just looking for his pitch and didn't get it or did he get rung up on a cheesy call by the umpire? When he was younger it was because he was swinging at everything thing now he seems to be more selective. Sometimes taking a K is better than killing a scoring opportunity cause you swung at a pitch you couldn't handle and hit into a DP. Right now Joey seems like he's still getting used to his new bat and is being a lot more patient at the plate. His HRs and RBIs are down but his BA is .256, his OBP is .467 and he has 3-7 times the amount of BB than anybody else has right now. Eventually I think he will get it all put together but he's still feeling his way a bit and he's still contributing to the teams success, the guys behind him are getting the job done to a certain extent...