• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host The Hated Blue Jays May 3-5

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odor did improve drastically last year. He had a dWAR of +1.5 which was 10th in the AL for that statistic for all positions combined. Year prior to that a +0.8 but all previous years in the negative.

Odor has made impressive strides defensively

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Seise has been put on the DL. He seemed to injure himself sliding back to the bag on a pickoff attempt.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This note was in Scott Lucas' report about Frisco.

"Rehabbing Ronald Guzman was 2-5 with a double and homer."

"Charles LeBlanc (.359/.400/.427) has a ten-game hitting streak. He also has a homer drought dating back to mid-June of last year. He hit ten in last year's first 64 games, none in the 92 games since. Odd."
Three more hits from Chuck LeBlanc today to raise his average up to .374.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calhoun played one game of a DH at 2B today.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked to see just now how some of our ex-prospects were doing. Nick William's and Lewis Brinson are really struggling. Jorge Alfaro is doing really well. Ryan Cordell is doing fine for him still being in the process of getting his feet wet.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was watching Perez pitch some on Fox Sports North and he was continually hitting 94 and mixing a a great breaking pitch. They were saying they were looking at Perez and Keuchel to sign and chose Perez when the Twins pitching coach said he knows what he could do to get some things worked out for Martin. I guess he knew what he was talking about. As much as I could not stand his pitching when he was here and glad for him in Minnesota.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was watching Perez pitch some on Fox Sports North and he was continually hitting 94 and mixing a a great breaking pitch. They were saying they were looking at Perez and Keuchel to sign and chose Perez when the Twins pitching coach said he knows what he could do to get some things worked out for Martin. I guess he knew what he was talking about. As much as I could not stand his pitching when he was here and glad for him in Minnesota.

Twinkies fixed him. I half expected it to happen. Brocail is the worst pitching coach the rangers have ever had, Mark Connor would be a close second.

Just be glad that Perez didn’t end up in Oakland or with the Astros. He would literally be eating our lunch for the next decade probably. Now we only face him once a year most likely.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On that note.

Any guesses which AL team has the worst ERA right now?

Baltimore Orioles.

Whose the pitching coach?

Doug Brocail.

Banister and Brocail were 2 of the biggest meatheads to ever have a coaching job in this organization. I wouldn’t be surprised if the clubhouse smelled like a butcher shop all the time while they were here.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On that note.

Baltimore Orioles.

Doug Brocail.

Banister and Brocail were 2 of the biggest meatheads to ever have a coaching job in this organization. I wouldn’t be surprised if the clubhouse smelled like a butcher shop all the time while they were here.
Beware of Grumpy Cat. lol

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On that note.

Baltimore Orioles.

Doug Brocail.

I still blame Brocail for his part in that bullpen incident in Oakland when Frankie threw that chair.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On that note.

Baltimore Orioles.

Doug Brocail.

Baltimore has terrible pitching bc they have terrible pitchers, not defending Brocail but he's not making the problems there

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore has terrible pitching bc they have terrible pitchers, not defending Brocail but he's not making the problems there

When Perez was struggling, in 2017, he was watching video and realized he might be tipping his pitches. Of course it looks bad for the coaches that a player self-diagnosed. That they couldn't help him...

So, how did they react?

“Pitching coach Doug Brocail expressed some reservations, noting that the pitches Perez threw, tipped or not, could have been better.

"He may be tipping pitches, but everything hit last night was middle across the zone," Brocail said. "You can tip and still get guys out, and you can not tip and throw the ball over the middle of the zone and not get hit. I don't want anybody making excuses. I don't want that to be a cop out that makes us not work hard in our next side session."

Like an idiot.

Up to that point, his 20 GS had a 5.13 ERA.

In his 6 GS prior to realizing he was tipping, he had an ERA of 7.27.
In the 5 GS after announcing he was tipping, he had an ERA of 2.91.

Perez finished the season with 12 more GS after fixing his tipping and had a 4.33 ERA.

How the hell Brocail survived that for 2018 is beyond me.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Perez was struggling, in 2017, he was watching video and realized he might be tipping his pitches. Of course it looks bad for the coaches that a player self-diagnosed. That they couldn't help him...

So, how did they react?

“Pitching coach Doug Brocail expressed some reservations, noting that the pitches Perez threw, tipped or not, could have been better.

"He may be tipping pitches, but everything hit last night was middle across the zone," Brocail said. "You can tip and still get guys out, and you can not tip and throw the ball over the middle of the zone and not get hit. I don't want anybody making excuses. I don't want that to be a cop out that makes us not work hard in our next side session."

Like an idiot.

Perez finished the season with 12 more GS after fixing his tipping and had a 4.33 ERA.

My point has nothing to do with Perez or really even Brocail... Orioles have terrible pitching, because they have terrible pitchers, that was the case long before Brocail showed up

Brocail might not be helping things, because I also believe he's not a good pitching coach, but the Orioles pitching problems run much deeper than the pitching coach

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, how did they react?

Like an idiot.

It is amazing how many coaches and managers have positions simply because they know people.