• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers have a sweet tooth and are hungry for some M's&M's - 8/17 - 8/19

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure, but I do know I want to buy a beer for whoever came up with that leg kick for him.
I just asked Evan about that idea and here is what he said.

Magadan has long talked to Elvis about the leg kick and he went into the season with a very subtle one. It was really more of a step than a kick, but it was also a step in right direction. I think Magadan planted seed in his head. I think Elvis, as season wore on, got more comfortable with bigger kick during BP. The biggest step to accomplishing this was that Elvis eventually found a more pronounced kick that finished with him landing softly instead of lunging. That's made the difference in him being out in front of the pitch and staying back and driving it. I think Magadan has put the points in Elvis' ear, but ultimately it's up to the player to have confidence in himself that he can do it and stick with it. That's what we've seen from Elvis in last month.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never worried about our 2016 pitching even before we acquired Cole. I am still concerned about our 2016 hitting though.

I think JD might go after Justin Upton. He will balance the line-up and add some RH power. He's had interest in the past.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Because the Rangers didn't pay dude all that coin to " just keep them in the game." They paid the coin for the hired gunslinger to go 8 innings, and WIN. They signed him to take the stress off the bullpen.
Heck, there are a ton of average pitchers who can just "keep us in the game".
They did not hire him to win. He was hired to help the TEAM to win. He has done just that 2out of 3 games. Sorry I did not make it clear. It is totally wrong to give one player credit for a W OR L. If you do that then you no longer have a team.

Reactions: gb2

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While that is true, it's not telling the whole story.

Remember when we brought in Cliff Lee in 2010? After the first several weeks, I think his ERA was north of 8.00. He settled into a groove, and he was one of (if not the biggest) reason we got past the Rays in the ALDS.

Hamels - same thing. Hamels was brought in to be an October pitcher.

Thank goodness we didn't get Zack Grienke since he's only averaging 6.2 innings per, and that lousy guy named Kershaw is good for a pissy 7.

Who goes 8 innings day-in-out in today's game?

And how much is Hamels costing us vs what the Dodgers are paying those guys individually?

gb2

I Hate Orange.!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness we didn't get Zack Grienke since he's only averaging 6.2 innings per, and that lousy guy named Kershaw is good for a pissy 7.

I wasn't being literal, I was just making a point about the in the game statement from previously. BUT.....I do expect more :

Hamels hopes to perform better than he has in his first two starts with the team since his arrival from Philadelphia. He has lost twice will giving up nine runs in 16 hits in 13 2/3 innings.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not upset.
2 yrs 26mil ?..right?
Not the end of the world, but I expect more than just " keep us in the game."
What do you think got us where we are today. Except for Colby, all we've had were pitchers that kept us in the game. Think about it. You will see Hamels come on. He did not lose the first game. Sheppers did. He did not lose the 3rd game. Rodney did.

gb2

I Hate Orange.!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for Colby, all we've had were pitchers that kept us in the game.

And that's why we were a .500 team before Hamels got there.
Look, I'm a Rangers fan, and have been since the mid 70's but my point is, I expect more from a seasoned veteran, who was THE big name pick-up in free agency.

gb2

I Hate Orange.!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WillThe thrill:
Love the av, I STILL have my Clark Rangers game jerzee.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And how much is Hamels costing us vs what the Dodgers are paying those guys individually?

Did my conversation come through? Or should I just give up on this feature?

gb2

I Hate Orange.!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oops....not talking to me I take.....sorry....:rolleyes2:

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EG bringing up some interesting stuff...

Doesn't think Martin gets tendered a contract for next year.

Wonders if the Rangers even make a QO to Gallardo (not wanting to run the risk of him accepting).

Definitely thinks they try to resign Colby.

Tepesch basically has no place in the organization anymore.

DDJ biggest surprise of season.

Thinks AL West title more likely than WC spot. Thinks astros and angels have hit the wall.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's why we were a .500 team before Hamels got there.
Look, I'm a Rangers fan, and have been since the mid 70's but my point is, I expect more from a seasoned veteran, who was THE big name pick-up in free agency.
We are a 500 team because we had bad April. We were not scoring runs. Prince was the only one hitting. Choo was batting .090 and Odor was in the low 100's. Not to mention Martin.

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight's lineup:

DeShields 8, Choo 9, Fielder DH, Beltre 5, Moreland 3, Andrus 6, Odor 4, Wilson 2, Strausborger 7

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EG bringing up some interesting stuff...

Doesn't think Martin gets tendered a contract for next year.

Wonders if the Rangers even make a QO to Gallardo (not wanting to run the risk of him accepting).

Definitely thinks they try to resign Colby.

Tepesch basically has no place in the organization anymore.

DDJ biggest surprise of season.

Thinks AL West title more likely than WC spot. Thinks astros and angels have hit the wall.

I would be shocked if we offered Martin anything, and I'm pretty much of the same mindset re: Gallardo.....As for Colby, I think we should go to him yesterday and set him up for next season with a nice option for 2017. What if he collapses during next season? It's just a little money, and who deserves/has earned this more than him?.........Was afraid this was the thinking on Tep. Understandable though, and time to move on.........DDJ is the biggest surprise of the season? ha ha ha.....He was kidding right?

If the Rangers win the division and Banister isn't MOTY, I'm gonna lose what little is left of my brain!