• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Close Out Abysmal Season Hosting Astros September 24-27

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitching front is still pretty dismal looking unfortunately DT

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitching front is still pretty dismal looking unfortunately DT
Need a little work yes but we have all winter to figure something out besides 2022/23 would be more of a target date to see us back in contention. Of course you realize that is just my humble opinion. ha Good to hear from you Murph

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still think Guzman has started to turn the corner and will be our future 1B with Solak at 2nd, Tejeda at SS, IKF at 3rd and Trevino/Huff at C.
Huff will need to be in the lineup every day. None of the rest of those guys will provide the offense that he will.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody doing what he has done is the great news for our pitching. We have guys who we haven't seen yet who have shown in the past that tbere was a reason they were more highly thought of than Cody. If they let our young guys make up 4 or 5 spots in the rotation next year, we may be just as impressed with our young pitching at this time next year, as we are with our young hitters now.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody doing what he has done is the great news for our pitching. We have guys who we haven't seen yet who have shown in the past that tbere was a reason they were more highly thought of than Cody. If they let our young guys make up 4 or 5 spots in the rotation next year, we may be just as impressed with our young pitching at this time next year, as we are with our young hitters now.

we need Hearn to show something soon and Burke.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huff will need to be in the lineup every day. None of the rest of those guys will provide the offense that he will.
Several of these young guys will provide singles and dbls. We need a FA bat that can produce more RBI's. To bad we can't rely on Gallo. Personally I think he is through. It is not like he has not had time to figure it out. Should have traded him when we had a chance. Some will disagree but we see what we see.....Mendoza

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several of these young guys will provide singles and dbls. We need a FA bat that can produce more RBI's. To bad we can't rely on Gallo. Personally I think he is through. It is not like he has not had time to figure it out. Should have traded him when we had a chance. Some will disagree but we see what we see.....Mendoza
2021 is going to be a see-what we’ve got so signing a FA bat means someone we should be looking at gets put on the bench or send down to AAA. A bat with pop usually means a 1Bman or 3Bman so that means either IKF or Guzman or maybe even Huff or Jung goes to the minors so we can have 1 power hitter.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So waste a position slot on Mathis
We may need a 3rd catcher so Huff or Trevino play first providing Guzman falters. I don't necessarily mean keeping Mathis.
2021 is going to be a see-what we’ve got so signing a FA bat means someone we should be looking at gets put on the bench or send down to AAA. A bat with pop usually means a 1Bman or 3Bman so that means either IKF or Guzman or maybe even Huff or Jung goes to the minors so we can have 1 power hitter.
Huff should do well. I still think Guzman might and that would be ideal. IKF will not go any where or Solak. Nobody mentions Calhoun but he has not produced and may have to go down and so it seems everyone is scared to mention Gallo. He is a great defensive RF but he is not producing at the plate. 2021 is not the year we are expected to contend but we might fool some folks with a few more wins than expected. JD will be forced to find a way to acquire a top tier pitcher or two . I'm just rambling to get it out of my system LOL.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So waste a position slot on Mathis
Why would it have to be Mathis?

All I know is that it would not be wise to have either Trevino or Huff on the bench 50% of the time.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I would sign a free agent bat this winter would be if I was planning on trading him next July. It would take a very slecial situation. This will be a very unique type of offseason though.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All I know is that it would not be wise to have either Trevino or Huff on the bench 50% of the time.
I think I addressed that already. with a 3rd catcher we could utilize both their bats.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may need a 3rd catcher so Huff or Trevino play first providing Guzman falters. I don't necessarily mean keeping Mathis.

Huff should do well. I still think Guzman might and that would be ideal. IKF will not go any where or Solak. Nobody mentions Calhoun but he has not produced and may have to go down and so it seems everyone is scared to mention Gallo. He is a great defensive RF but he is not producing at the plate. 2021 is not the year we are expected to contend but we might fool some folks with a few more wins than expected. JD will be forced to find a way to acquire a top tier pitcher or two . I'm just rambling to get it out of my system LOL.
Willie is the odd man out to me. I mean I know he was the centerpiece of the Darvish trade and people thinks he looks the part, but I just don't see MLB quality games out of him. OF of Gallo, Solak, Taveras, and Santana is a good first 4. I'm high on Eli as well, Dietrich has something there as well. That would we be the 6 OF I would roll with next year and if there is a COF/DH right handed bat on the market that we could slot in for a few games for a reasonable amount then go with that. I just don't have a place for Willie on this roster based on what I have seen and heard about him and how quickly he gets down on himself and pouts.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willie is the odd man out to me. I mean I know he was the centerpiece of the Darvish trade and people thinks he looks the part, but I just don't see MLB quality games out of him. OF of Gallo, Solak, Taveras, and Santana is a good first 4. I'm high on Eli as well, Dietrich has something there as well. That would we be the 6 OF I would roll with next year and if there is a COF/DH right handed bat on the market that we could slot in for a few games for a reasonable amount then go with that. I just don't have a place for Willie on this roster based on what I have seen and heard about him and how quickly he gets down on himself and pouts.
I agree about Willie.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willie will probably get a shot next year. The expectations were that he would break out this year, but I think that jaw injury might have delayed that by a year.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well though i hate the idea we are not getting rid of Gibson and Lyles and i think JD holds onto Lynn until the trade deadline.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

then one will be at AAA because we won't carry 3 catchers

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well though i hate the idea we are not getting rid of Gibson and Lyles and i think JD holds onto Lynn until the trade deadline.
To bad Gib and Lyles did not work out. I think JD holds on to Lynn

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern is him staying healthy. We will have to see as I have a hard time judging much by this season but you could be right.