• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranger Game

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, i guess missing the game turned out to be a good thing for my health!

We're in a skid as of late, creating multiple opportunities but not finishing....

not what we need and we better wake up, playoffs aren't a lock if we continue this track.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well, i guess missing the game turned out to be a good thing for my health!

We're in a skid as of late, creating multiple opportunities but not finishing....

not what we need and we better wake up, playoffs aren't a lock if we continue this track.

It strangely was one of the best games I've watch this year. It played out like an old playoff game from the early 2000s.

If you have a recording of it I highly recommend watching the first 2 periods. You can skip the 3rd when the Rags started to trap and refused to enter the offensive zone when Gaborik wasn't on the ice

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rags dont trap! Devils are the only team that traps, everyone that broadcasts the NHL says so!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Rangers arent going anywhere with that gameplan. Let them have first have get bounced in the 1st

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a fine?

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He left his feet to deliver a hit, should be a game atleast IMO

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yea, I wasn't aware of any suspension talk about it. The play was so harmless that I just figured it was the refs giving out random penalty calls to take into account the instigator rule for clarkson.

Edit: apparently Zubrus elbowing the Rags player while getting hip checked was suspension worthy also?

I'm really out of touch what a suspension should be these days....

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That was as close to a playoff game as I've seen this year. Thought zid played ok. Didnt like his no hussle on the empty netter.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again did not watch the game, but the guy Clarkson hit, was he at least KO'd? or something?

How did Zids played? defense overall for us?

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dubinsky missed an interference/hit on Clarkson because Clarkson jumped out of the way from the hit. Obviously Dubinsky missed the hit and slammed into the boards under Clarkson. Clarkson got called for charging.

Clarkie did kick Dubinsky's ass in a fight immediately following it though.

Zids didn't do that great. He was needed to provide offense vs the Rags and didn't do much. The same could be said for the rest of the defense. They did prevent anyone not named Gaborik or Hagelin from doing anything at all in the offensive zone though

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still early for him, but so far I haven't liked what I've seen out of Zids. He seems a bit reckless with the puck and is really quick to pinch. We could really use Tallinder back in the lineup as well as Zajac (overly obvious comment). All in all though we hung in their with Vancouver and the Rangers didn't look very impressive. I'm not coming away from these games thinking we're going to need to get lucky if we want to do something in the playoffs. We are very capable of beating these top tier teams.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the refs should have controled the game a little better... it just seemed there was too much BS going on that wasnt called... I know you dont want to slow this game to a crawl, but you gotta call some penalties on some of the things that were happening... All in all, a good high energy game.... Elias is really starting to piss me off... For most of the year, he had gotten away from that cute fancy like play and was just playing good hockey... the last three games, he has fallen back into that playstyle and I dont know why... Wide open 2 feet in front of the net and you blind pass behind you where you see a devil skating, hoping it gets threw TWO defenders?... yeah thats better than shooting... against TB, it was missing the net on every shot... now its fancy passes that are not needed.... We are starting to get that miss the net that plagued us the last three years.... hard shot, misses everything and goes out the zone on other side... happened a bunch last night.... and has for last few games... Get your head out of your ass Elias and start playing like the first half of the season....

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
vort 100% agree i said the same thing too