• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Randy Moss

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
interesting tweet here:
Erik Scalavino ‏@PFWErik

Didn't take long, huh? RT @MikeGiardi: RT @TomPelissero: Randy Moss now sitting alone on opposite side of 50 from rest of #49ers offense.

Whats peoples opinions so far on Moss?

IMO, He seems kind of withdrawn from the team. His performance hasnt been anything close to special. Manningham and Crabtree have looked much better. I'd much rather given Jenkins a chance on game days and see what he can do.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would have had 3 catches for decent yardage and a TD if Smith didn't think he was 11 feet tall

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Randy is pretty disappointed that he had such a weak statistical showing against his old team. Even more that he was open for a TD but Smith overthrew it and Smith threw it too high on the opening drive. Those are two plays that could have made a big difference.

Moss seems to get open still, but Smith can't hit anyone past 10 yards unless it is VD.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edit on my post - 5 catches

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Smith's miss to Moss in the endzone, Alex did have a DT in his face but whatevz

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Moss seems to get open still, but Smith can't hit anyone past 10 yards unless it is VD.

I always find that a little odd. Smiths deep throws to Davis most of the time look extremely good, damn near perfect. When he tries to hit someone else they seem to be shit passes most of the time.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when he actually plays he looks good. Not great but good. I'd really like a 4 wr set of moss, Crabtree, Manningham, and williams. I could be wrong but has it happened yet?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if he does sulk, we'll cut him and active Jenkins. I don't think the team would hesitate a nanosecond.

That said, I also wonder why we're using him like we are. We haven't used him to take one shot upfield. Makes me wonder if he hasn't lost a couple of steps and they just don't want it to be there on film. He still gets a good cushion because of the threat.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if he does sulk, we'll cut him and active Jenkins. I don't think the team would hesitate a nanosecond.

That said, I also wonder why we're using him like we are. We haven't used him to take one shot upfield. Makes me wonder if he hasn't lost a couple of steps and they just don't want it to be there on film. He still gets a good cushion because of the threat.

I think they've called the plays like that, just Smith hasn't pulled the trigger because of coverage or like last week the Lions blew up the flea flicker before they got a chance to throw it up to Moss.

For instance, today they did it, they had moss go deep on a play-action but Smith didn't like the coverage and didn't throw it. That was just one play I noticed, who knows how many other times they call a play with deep options.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know what to think. On one hand, which I think is correct, if you have it, go for it but don't risk too much. On the other hand, I thought this was the game to try it, more so than the first two games. On the third hand, it would seem against Green Bay's defense with Green Bay being so capable of scoring quick, we would not pass it up if it were there. So that contradicts the second and first hand.

I knew we weren't going to game plan all around Moss, but I have to admit, I expected one or two Moss TDs (or at least attempts), but not a blow-out. This wasn't entirely because of it being his old team. It had to do with this being a safer game. Note: obviously it wasn't a safe game, but it would seem we could afford an INT more against them than the Packers. Obviously, this was before Minnesota came to play and I wouldn't expect the Niners to think anything was "safe" so it wasn't a realistic expectation, just a possibility.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to think. On one hand, which I think is correct, if you have it, go for it but don't risk too much. On the other hand, I thought this was the game to try it, more so than the first two games. On the third hand, it would seem against Green Bay's defense with Green Bay being so capable of scoring quick, we would not pass it up if it were there. So that contradicts the second and first hand.

I knew we weren't going to game plan all around Moss, but I have to admit, I expected one or two Moss TDs (or at least attempts), but not a blow-out. This wasn't entirely because of it being his old team. It had to do with this being a safer game. Note: obviously it wasn't a safe game, but it would seem we could afford an INT more against them than the Packers. Obviously, this was before Minnesota came to play and I wouldn't expect the Niners to think anything was "safe" so it wasn't a realistic expectation, just a possibility.

Dude you have a lot of hands. On a serious note we just got out played. It happens can't let it linger to long we have the Jets on Sunday

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we treated this game as a preseason and that upsets me...

in comeback situations, why we ran so oftern and went with the short passes baffles me. That's on coaches and Alex...

We got to get a grip and come back next sunday wanting blood... lets fucking go!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would have had 3 catches for decent yardage and a TD if Smith didn't think he was 11 feet tall

Sure seemed to me that Moss quit running on the overthrow from Smith that should have been a TD?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we treated this game as a preseason and that upsets me...

in comeback situations, why we ran so oftern and went with the short passes baffles me. That's on coaches and Alex...

We got to get a grip and come back next sunday wanting blood... lets fucking go!

I'll never unsderstand the 49er love affair with the two-yard pass; especiallyy on third and 5.