• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Randy Arozarena is a Seattle Mariner

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still wonder about the PTBNL. Some times it is an injured guy waiting to see reports on (Felnin). Maybe I am looking too much into it. That would be an overpay in my mind.
This makes me feel better.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish there was an easier way to backtrack through all my past posts. I had the perfect "Welcome to Hell" image, but I'm not at home to upload the file.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still wonder about the PTBNL. Some times it is an injured guy waiting to see reports on (Felnin). Maybe I am looking too much into it. That would be an overpay in my mind.
That would be a massive overpay, him or Farmelo. I listen to the lookout landing people and they have said over and over they like Smith over Farmelo.

I’m hoping the PTBNL is someone like a Marlowe where they can’t give him up at the moment

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't give up players almost ready to help the big club. That's the point. Promising prospects not yet ready for ML are always unknowns.
Yeah, they were three or four years away from coming to the big leagues

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a massive overpay, him or Farmelo. I listen to the lookout landing people and they have said over and over they like Smith over Farmelo.

I’m hoping the PTBNL is someone like a Marlowe where they can’t give him up at the moment
Could be Marlow. That makes sense and he is no longer ranked which fits the comment above. I am looking at #22 and below and don't really see anything earth shattering. Walter Ford is probably the biggest name in the group.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be Marlow. That makes sense and he is no longer ranked which fits the comment above. I am looking at #22 and below and don't really see anything earth shattering. Walter Ford is probably the biggest name in the group.
Any of the ACL pitchers are good with me. Just would’ve assumed it would’ve been a guy closer to the MLB level. Isn’t that usually who the PTBNL is?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of the ACL pitchers are good with me. Just would’ve assumed it would’ve been a guy closer to the MLB level. Isn’t that usually who the PTBNL is?
Not always. It used to be for guys that were drafted the year before but had not reached the one year mark. They couldn't be traded until year after signed. Sometimes it is for medicals when deciding.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not always. It used to be for guys that were drafted the year before but had not reached the one year mark. They couldn't be traded until year after signed. Sometimes it is for medicals when deciding.
Hmm, I guess it just seems like anytime the Mariners receive a PTBNL they are always either end up on the roster the next year or just missed the cut and go to Tacoma.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Would be foolish..to sell young..
At all,....
And arosarena ..
Strikes out as much as Julio..
That is not much help..
It would be foolish to not sell the young guys to revamp the offense to compete with Houston and Texas. Vladdy is a big upgrade but he has to sign a long term for any trading of top prospects to be dealt.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here is a question: The Mariners have been in existence since 1977. That's 47 years. When, in those 47 years, has keeping prospects, rather than trading them for established MLB players, helped us? So now Young and Ford are the top two guys on the bubble and we are looking at a window of opportunity that we don't really know how long may extend. Just the remainder of this year? Maybe extend into next year or maybe even 2026? Meanwhile we are facing a 47-year history of outright failure. So do we really pass on an opportunity to acquire a plus bat because we don't want to let go of prospects? Maybe we do and then 15 years from now when its been 62 years and the team is once again in contention but still has never advanced to the championship series round of the AL playoffs, and they have great prospects, do we go through the same thing all over again?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here is a question: The Mariners have been in existence since 1977. That's 47 years. When, in those 47 years, has keeping prospects, rather than trading them for established MLB players, helped us? So now Young and Ford are the top two guys on the bubble and we are looking at a window of opportunity that we don't really know how long may extend. Just the remainder of this year? Maybe extend into next year or maybe even 2026? Meanwhile we are facing a 47-year history of outright failure. So do we really pass on an opportunity to acquire a plus bat because we don't want to let go of prospects? Maybe we do and then 15 years from now when its been 62 years and the team is once again in contention but still has never advanced to the championship series round of the AL playoffs, and they have great prospects, do we go through the same thing all over again?
Have a better offseason and we can have both.That is the key for me. I think the two moves we have made haven't hurt us long term. Not sure they put us over the top either. So there really isn't a good answer on what to do. Trading the farm just to say we went for it doesn't make sense unless we have a legitimate chance of winning it all. But punting the season by standing pat doesn't make a whole lot of sense either. Let me know if you find the answer.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RA trade could have been the piece needed to really contend in the playoffs if they spent money in the off season. As stands this lineup still has holes.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RA trade could have been the piece needed to really contend in the playoffs if they spent money in the off season. As stands this lineup still has holes.
100%. I do like that he brings swagger and credibility to the team though. But agree, it would have been so much more important if they did their job in the offseason.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100%. I do like that he brings swagger and credibility to the team though. But agree, it would have been so much more important if they did their job in the offseason.
Yep, and I think Yimi brings a bit of swagger and credibility to the bullpen. Good to see him working back-to-back games tonight in high-leverage situations, and holding it down for Munoz.