• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 24.1

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) If Sean Payton believed the Broncos weren't going to be playoff contenders - Sutton would likely have been traded by now, The Dude has a plan - and as we all know the Dude abides.

2) If you are wondering what Bo Nix is likely doing right now - check out this video on YouTube: There is an unusual quality about Nix and that is his commitment to being the best QB he can be.

3) Not commented on much in the press, but Bronco ownership is being leveraged. Recently, the Broncos hired a top scout and pretty much game him his own title and the Broncos hired a new additional coach on Defense - who will be the defensive passing coordinator. The NFL doesn't have staff limits - so when you can hire extra folks - it makes you better.

4) Look for the Broncos to really try to exploit the new KO rule. This is another staff section ownership is paying for - as the Broncos have actually three top Special Team coaches - from Assistant Head Coach on down. I'm thinking signing Mustipher - Throckmorton and Matt Pearl indicate he might want some mobile Olinemen in front of his returner in the kicking zone. Thinking about return men - Mimms comes to mind - but I wouldn't put a starter there for routine returns. Virgil I think gets a big opportunity here as he was a great returner at app. state. One of the things I like best about Payton is how much thought he puts into Special Teams.

5) Glad to see Mienerz get the highest Oline PFF score for the season. Get more like him.

6) The great advantage the Sean Payton offense has in the modern NFL - is that in Payton's offense the Oline run blocks up to 75% of the time - even if the pass to run ratio is 50/50. If the QB can deliver the ball in under 2 seconds accurately to a zone - at, near, or behind the LOS - the oline gets to block like it is a run play. The advantage here is the defenses are all now loaded to rush the passer - and those defenders will have a weight and strength disadvantage to run blockers. It also wears out the defenders over time for actual run plays. Russ Wilson would turn many of these plays that depend upon quick delivery into busted plays where he would either run or throw downfield. Thus, Russ defeated the Bronco's blocking scheme by his predilections.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3) Not commented on much in the press, but Bronco ownership is being leveraged. Recently, the Broncos hired a top scout and pretty much game him his own title and the Broncos hired a new additional coach on Defense - who will be the defensive passing coordinator. The NFL doesn't have staff limits - so when you can hire extra folks - it makes you better.

I'm going to apply for Director of Naps. An added health benefit for players AND coaches. See, I'd be serving both groups which of course would require double pay. It is true that occasionally I will fall asleep on the job.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm going to apply for Director of Naps. An added health benefit for players AND coaches. See, I'd be serving both groups which of course would require double pay. It is true that occasionally I will fall asleep on the job.
Are you sure you can sleep to a professional standard?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure you can sleep to a professional standard?
Only naps during the day. At night, they are on their own. That would create overtime pay for me.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How loud does he snore?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My apologies Mingo for LGM hijacking your well thought out thread.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm quite secure in my sleep patterns.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My apologies Mingo for LGM hijacking your well thought out thread.
Actually you are pointing out it is getting a little nuts ...In the end it is football.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the way they are trying to be cutting edge ..Nothing wrong with that .. We did the same kind of thing winning those first two SB's.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either you love that or Not . To this day I see people dog some other stuff we did in those first two SB's