• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get ESPN, because Disney isn't shy about jettisoning talent at the expense of the product in the name of saving money.

But why does the juggernaut NFL need to cut back? They are constantly growing every year.
By who made the list. It sounds like more diversification

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get ESPN, because Disney isn't shy about jettisoning talent at the expense of the product in the name of saving money.

But why does the juggernaut NFL need to cut back? They are constantly growing every year.
bad year for NFL announcers.first ESPN, now this

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Diggs this will hurt the Bills for sure but I can certainly see the argument for the trade. Buffalo has Allen locked up so that will mean they will remain in the mix But their window appears to be closing already as title contenders and that's a shame. Bills fans deserve a ring.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Diggs this will hurt the Bills for sure but I can certainly see the argument for the trade. Buffalo has Allen locked up so that will mean they will remain in the mix But their window appears to be closing already as title contenders and that's a shame. Bills fans deserve a ring.

He will be missed mostly for the attention he drew from the defense IMO. He wasn't a big factor in the second half of the season as the Bills spread the ball around much more under their new OC.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh, once Dorsey was fired, the Bills improved as they started spreading the ball around more and letting Josh Allen run the ball.

It's been shown time and again when a prima donna WR comes in and the ball HAS to be forced to them non-stop, it kind of hurts the offense as a whole. QBs get locked in on that target. It's a reason why I think this was NOT a good acquisition for Houston. Stroud may get tunnel vision... and Diggs is already gonna be 31 in short order....

Now Allen of course has his own problems... the guy is a turnover machine, but yah... losing Diggs is not the reason the Bills are going to lose games.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
silly me

i remembered it more Diggs helped Allen moreso than the other way around

In general, yes. Last year, Diggs' impact in terms of production really dropped after the OC change.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, once Dorsey was fired, the Bills improved as they started spreading the ball around more and letting Josh Allen run the ball.

It's been shown time and again when a prima donna WR comes in and the ball HAS to be forced to them non-stop, it kind of hurts the offense as a whole. QBs get locked in on that target. It's a reason why I think this was NOT a good acquisition for Houston. Stroud may get tunnel vision... and Diggs is already gonna be 31 in short order....

Now Allen of course has his own problems... the guy is a turnover machine, but yah... losing Diggs is not the reason the Bills are going to lose games.

If you look at turnover worthy plays, he's not really that high vs other top QBs.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My phone is giving me link issues. Try googling "turnover worthy play percentage" for 2023.

Josh was at 2.4%, tied with Stroud and behind Tua (2.6%), Lamar (3%), Hurts (3.2%), Mahomes and Herbert (3.3%).

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My phone is giving me link issues. Try googling "turnover worthy play percentage" for 2023.

Josh was at 2.4%, tied with Stroud and behind Tua (2.6%), Lamar (3%), Hurts (3.2%), Mahomes and Herbert (3.3%).

Ah gotcha. Isn't turnover worthy plays just another statistical measure (I think PFF created it? They certainly report on it) to basically argue that a turnover was the fault of a QB vs. the fault of a wideout, not recorded because a drop by a DB, etc? I don't really know how they measure fumbles which Allen has his fair share of.

That said, according to PFF Allen was a 3.0 last year. He has consistently improved every year according to PFF... but I'm just saying, whether worthy or not of a turnover, the guy does turn the ball over quite a bit.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen wasn't as experienced back then.
or...Diggs was perfect for Allen at the time of arrival. Lets see if reckless with the football remains what he was years 1 thru 4 of Diggs.

Diva WR is a right of passage for these guys after THEY determine they are special. It may be Cee Dee as the next exhibit A for divahood right of passage.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or...Diggs was perfect for Allen at the time of arrival. Lets see if reckless with the football remains what he was years 1 thru 4 of Diggs.

Diva WR is a right of passage for these guys after THEY determine they are special. It may be Cee Dee as the next exhibit A for divahood right of passage.
Cee dee won't be a problem there is no one else to throw to.