• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean they quit another meaningless practice game.

Could Be Worse Let It Go GIF

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My heart goes out to this young man

He was a great player for us at VT but man, has this poor kid had a rough go of it the last few years. His mother died a few years ago and now he's lost his father in the house explosion. And while nothing will top losing your parents, especially when you're young and it tragic situations, his pro career has been completely derailed by injuries. I really hope there's people around him that can give him any and all the support he needs. It's been ROUGH.

Also, while I know the percentages, this is why I will never have gas in any house I'm in. Fuck the numbers, I'm not trusting any situation where a possible outcome is the fucking house explodes.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Intriguing. Foles has been crap everywhere he’s been except Philly haha. I just don’t know what he has left. I don’t think there’s much out there. In theory, the idea of Mariota works…it’s a scheme fit backing up Hurts and want they want to do with him. But man, it looks like the player evaluation is straight fucked.

I don't even think it's really a scheme fit. You have an offense with two top WRs and a top TE and you bring in a backup QB that led the 2nd worst passing offense of last year? Sure, he's mobile, but that's not enough IMO. The Eagles top OL makes that mobility less of a factor, along with RBs that catch well out of the backfield for release valve throws.

There will be plenty of guys available when the cutdowns begin in earnest. Hopefully a healthy season from Hurts makes the position less of a factor other than finishing blow-outs.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even think it's really a scheme fit. You have an offense with two top WRs and a top TE and you bring in a backup QB that led the 2nd worst passing offense of last year? Sure, he's mobile, but that's not enough IMO. The Eagles top OL makes that mobility less of a factor, along with RBs that catch well out of the backfield for release valve throws.

There will be plenty of guys available when the cutdowns begin in earnest. Hopefully a healthy season from Hurts makes the position less of a factor other than finishing blow-outs.
Small sample size but Hurts has started two seasons and in each has missed a handful of games. I think if a team has big goals that the back up QB is oft forgotten position of huge importance.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Move over Brady, the WIP says after this season, Hurts will be best all time. Sleeps, drinks nothing but football 24-7

The WIP?
LOL

In other news,
Stephen A says...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Small sample size but Hurts has started two seasons and in each has missed a handful of games. I think if a team has big goals that the back up QB is oft forgotten position of huge importance.
Yup, Howie has nailed this going way back. We'll see about this year. Never been a fan of Mariota.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, Howie has nailed this going way back. We'll see about this year. Never been a fan of Mariota.
It’s eat it but I like what I’ve seen from McKee. He won’t help this year (I hope it doesn’t get to that point) but I love the idea of developing a back up QB. I loved what they did years ago turning AJ Feely into a 2nd round pick.