• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think their cycle is win one in another 50 years
I think the Cowboys cycle mirrors that of Minnesota Golden Gopher football and San Francisco Dons basketball. They used to be champions a long time ago before all of our kids were born. My daughter is going to be a senior in college this fall. She asked me, Dad, why do Eagles fans despise the Cowboys when they don’t win anything? I then used it as an opportunity to give her a football history lesson. She looked rather perplexed when we were talking Roger Staubach. She couldn’t wrap her head around a successful NFL QB having played at the Naval Academy.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cowboys cycle mirrors that of Minnesota Golden Gopher football and San Francisco Dons basketball. They used to be champions a long time ago before all of our kids were born. My daughter is going to be a senior in college this fall. She asked me, Dad, why do Eagles fans despise the Cowboys when they don’t win anything? I then used it as an opportunity to give her a football history lesson. She looked rather perplexed when we were talking Roger Staubach. She couldn’t wrap her head around a successful NFL QB having played at the Naval Academy.
can't fix stupid and they all count.

tissue?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is actually a funny story. :heh:

I still find it funny how we havent been relevant for so long & always in the eagles head anyways.
Good news is. One day Jerry Jones will die, & the Eagles will still be the Eagles. :suds:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eagle fans like to spit into the wind a lot.
well if they would stop eating horse shit, they wouldnt need to spit all the time.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Russell Wilson really fucked the Seahawks here. They would have gotten better immediately at QB and DE plus they would have had 3 firsts and a second. They got picks from Denver of course but they didn’t get a franchise level QB or a pass rusher in the players coming back.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Russell Wilson really fucked the Seahawks here. They would have gotten better immediately at QB and DE plus they would have had 3 firsts and a second. They got picks from Denver of course but they didn’t get a franchise level QB or a pass rusher in the players coming back.

It goes to show how much luck goes into team building

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Russell Wilson really fucked the Seahawks here. They would have gotten better immediately at QB and DE plus they would have had 3 firsts and a second. They got picks from Denver of course but they didn’t get a franchise level QB or a pass rusher in the players coming back...
The no-trade clause wasn't a free add-on. Wilson took less money from the Seahawks in exchange for the future security provided by the agreement. Carr did the same with the Raiders.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The no-trade clause wasn't a free add-on. Wilson took less money from the Seahawks in exchange for the future security provided by the agreement. Carr did the same with the Raiders.
Either way, I thank God that didn’t happen. The Eagles with Russ = lesser and older QB than the one they have who is immediately more expensive plus no Sweat, no Jordan Davis, no Jalen Carter, no AJ Brown is a considerably lesser team than the one they have now.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, I thank God that didn’t happen. The Eagles with Russ = lesser and older QB than the one they have who is immediately more expensive plus no Sweat, no Jordan Davis, no Jalen Carter, no AJ Brown is a considerably lesser team than the one they have now.
Yeah, the only benefit for Russ there was having the best Oline in the league. The Seahawks did well in the Bronco trade so can't complain. The lesser QB thing is 20/20 hindsight given the breakout of Hurts. There were still a lot of questions being asked going into last season, even by most of you Eagles fans. It's obvious to us all now but it wasn't 15 months ago. Goes to show that sometimes the best move a team makes is the one they don't make.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the only benefit for Russ there was having the best Oline in the league. The Seahawks did well in the Bronco trade so can't complain. The lesser QB thing is 20/20 hindsight given the breakout of Hurts. There were still a lot of questions being asked going into last season, even by most of you Eagles fans. It's obvious to us all now but it wasn't 15 months ago. Goes to show that sometimes the best move a team makes is the one they don't make.
No doubt. Eagles front office and Howie Roseman were saved from their own desire on this one and it ended up being the best thing that could have happened.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fxi0HtlagAA9es6

OK Seahawks fans. Let's hear it. lol.

Why does he have the rookies behind the backups, lol? They (along with Howell and Ridder) should be right behind Purdy at worst.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does he have the rookies behind the backups, lol? They (along with Howell and Ridder) should be right behind Purdy at worst.
It's because Simms is a troll. I don't have a problem with the concept of evaluating rookies and back-ups as to their 'who would you pick on Day 1 of the 2023 regular season if your life depended on 1 game' value. However, idiotic as it is, Simms won't compile the list without his 'big-time throw percentage' metric.
...and he loves to troll.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3