• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m curious about Rattler - remember how after the Covid season almost everyone said Rattler would be the 2021 Heisman winner and the #1 pick in the 22 draft? Funny how that changed rapidly - Rattler fell out of favor quickly. I’ve never been that impressed by Rattler so I’m expecting the Saints to suck with him at QB but who knows what will happen.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m curious about Rattler - remember how after the Covid season almost everyone said Rattler would be the 2021 Heisman winner and the #1 pick in the 22 draft? Funny how that changed rapidly - Rattler fell out of favor quickly. I’ve never been that impressed by Rattler so I’m expecting the Saints to suck with him at QB but who knows what will happen.
I really know nothing about Rattler as I don't follow college ball but its always interesting to me to see how rookie QBs play in the NFL

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really know nothing about Rattler as I don't follow college ball but its always interesting to me to see how rookie QBs play in the NFL
Yeah you never know what you will get from a rookie QB. I follow college football pretty closely, so I’m familiar with the rookies that start - Rattler is just an interesting case because after he played well for Oklahoma in the Covid season almost everyone said he was the Heisman favorite and would be the top pick, and instead he got benched halfway through the 2021 season and transferred to South Carolina where he played for 2 years. Another example of how I think the Covid season threw everything off and you can’t judge what people did that season when determining how good they are. I’ve never been high on Rattler.

I think expectations are higher than ever for rookie QBs now, especially after Stroud’s great season last year.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think expectations are higher than ever for rookie QBs now, especially after Stroud’s great season last year.
No doubt. We've really seen exemplified this year how much fit, scheme and coaching matters to a rookie. Also the franchise and patience.

Im convinced Mahomes could have been drafted by my team when it was owned by Danny Boy and we would've ruined it somehow.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,053.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking the kid will struggle because the team really isn't that good. It's looking more and more like those first two games were a bit of a mirage. But who knows this year. Hardly anybody has played great. Chiefs and Vikes 5-0 but the Chiefs are expected and just basically getting by with Mahomes playing the worst ball of his career. Of course, his worst is still better than half the leagues best. The Vikings had it all going and their defense is legit but Darnold and the offense took a step back in London. The Ravens might be the best team in the league despite that total fuck-up vs. the Raiders. Texans and Lions, everybody's pre-season darlings, should be okay but have been underwhelming at times. So the Saints or a number of other teams could step into a play-off spot with just a little luck. Washington playing well with their rookie and your Falcons have been about as expected. Solid but not spectacular. A long season to go.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you never know what you will get from a rookie QB. I follow college football pretty closely, so I’m familiar with the rookies that start - Rattler is just an interesting case because after he played well for Oklahoma in the Covid season almost everyone said he was the Heisman favorite and would be the top pick, and instead he got benched halfway through the 2021 season and transferred to South Carolina where he played for 2 years. Another example of how I think the Covid season threw everything off and you can’t judge what people did that season when determining how good they are. I’ve never been high on Rattler.

Well, the COVID season AND some new kid recruit named Caleb Williams threw a wrench in the works.