• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
l enjoy your sports takes but the above is the only part I get behind.
Thanks and yeah, you can say that about pretty much every single game. The entire league is about match-ups and week to week. Sometimes there are some obvious ones though like the Giants going into Dallas yesterday. Yeah, your Cowboys could have had an off day but the Giants are just awful at this point and Dallas is their worst match-up. The Dallas players would have had to lay down on the field pretending to make snow angels for the Giants to have a prayer.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thankfully yesterdays Gmen/Cowboy type games don't happen all that often. Gmen plaýing the scout team QB while missing two OT's and losing defensive players throughout the game was the game.

IMO..week to week league more often than not

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So even if this happens, what are we talking about. He manages to be back for maybe the final 4 games? If the Jets are still hanging around (big if), chances are there's some rust to work off. Dec 17 @Miami, likely loss, 24th vs. Wash, pencil in a win but no sure thing, 31st, @ Browns, loss although there's a chance, Jan 7 @ NE, maybe their first win vs. the Pats in forever. That's 2-2 likely with Rodgers so it means Wilson will have to win the next 4 games to give them 11 wins or go 3-1 for 10 wins and a maybe play-off spot. And all this is contingent on Rodgers not getting hurt again.
With the Jets defense there is no team they can't beat. With the Jets Offense there is no team they can't lose to. What happens with Rogers vs a horrible QB like Wilson is the big question. Even a rusty Rodgers seems twice the QB of Wilson

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Jets defense there is no team they can't beat. With the Jets Offense there is no team they can't lose to. What happens with Rogers vs a horrible QB like Wilson is the big question. Even a rusty Rodgers seems twice the QB of Wilson
I do agree with that last sentence for sure. I just don't think the Jets are all that good on offense anyway. Garret Wilson is really good but after that, they don't really have anybody in the passing game that concerns anybody. Rodgers could make those receivers about 10-15 % better maybe but that doesn't move the needle much considering. Breece Hall is a really good RB but they don't utilize him as much as they should, mostly because the O-line can't block worth a shit. It's possible they can slip into the play-offs but unlikely, imo.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree with that last sentence for sure. I just don't think the Jets are all that good on offense anyway. Garret Wilson is really good but after that, they don't really have anybody in the passing game that concerns anybody. Rodgers could make those receivers about 10-15 % better maybe but that doesn't move the needle much considering. Breece Hall is a really good RB but they don't utilize him as much as they should, mostly because the O-line can't block worth a shit. It's possible they can slip into the play-offs but unlikely, imo.
I think a big part of what is ailing the Jets running game is defenses selling out to stop the run because they Wilson sucks so badly

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a big part of what is ailing the Jets running game is defenses selling out to stop the run because they Wilson sucks so badly
For sure but they go away from the run way too soon. imo. And yeah, Wilson totally sucks but like I said, outside of Garret Wilson, are teams worried about the Jets WRs no matter who the QB is? I'm really not trying to predict anything here. I realize anything can happen but I'm just not sold on any of the Jets hype and wasn't before the season even started with Rodgers.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure but they go away from the run way too soon. imo. And yeah, Wilson totally sucks but like I said, outside of Garret Wilson, are teams worried about the Jets WRs no matter who the QB is? I'm really not trying to predict anything here. I realize anything can happen but I'm just not sold on any of the Jets hype and wasn't before the season even started with Rodgers.
I don't understand that either. But lets assume Rodgers is top 10 and Wilson is more like #40-50. That's an incredible difference. I'm not sure how many Jet games you have watched but look at what opposing QBs have done against them. Their defense can win games with even a shitty offense. Jets are bottom 5 in most passing categories and have 5 passing TDs on the year. With even just a not shitty QB they are probably 6-3 and in the middle of the playoff picture. Regardless, and like you said in your first comment, even if Rodgers comes back this year, there is a good chance it's too late

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills on Bills crime

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have loved to have seen the comments trashing anyone who predicted this before the season

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just have Swift and her friends and the Kelce Mom and Mahomes wife and brother in a suite and light it on fire...

OK, let Mrs. Kelce out first. It's not her fault here sons are annoying...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have loved to have seen the comments trashing anyone who predicted this before the season

Nobody predicted their defense would be so pathetic

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rushing him back to put him behind that offensive line again isn't any guarantee he stays healthy much longer than he did the first time.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is the Swift feed on just the standard broadcast or the Manning broadcast as well lol?

They could post up the sideline reporter outside the box for some hard-hitting commentary.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rushing him back to put him behind that offensive line again isn't any guarantee he stays healthy much longer than he did the first time.
Who cares, it's worth the risk. His career may be over after the year any way as fickle as he is

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports Tim Boyle is expected to start in the Jets’ Week 12 matchup against the Dolphins.
This is what it’s come to. The Jets have finally pulled the plug on Zach Wilson — at least for one week — as they now move on to Boyle. Boyle threw for a whopping 33 yards on 14 pass attempts in relief of Wilson in Week 11, and will now have a chance to make his fourth career start on Friday against the Dolphins. Boyle is 0-3 as a starter over his career, and has thrown for 607 yards, three touchdowns, and nine interceptions on 120 career passes. It sounds crazy to suggest a quarterback other than Zach Wilson could be a major downgrade for all of the Jets’ offensive weapons, but that’s likely to be the case with Boyle now at the helm.