• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we stick to our miserable, historic script, this positivity all comes crashing down in week 1.
I just want to enjoy a few weeks of potential greatness. Or at least a weekend of it.
Sorry Joe, I'll try and be more optimistic for you and Caleb. He does have elite physical traits, no doubts. He certainly COULD be great

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we stick to our miserable, historic script, this positivity all comes crashing down in week 1.
I just want to enjoy a few weeks of potential greatness. Or at least a weekend of it.

i was a little surprised the went odunze over an OL... but whatever... they went from the worst WR corp in football to just DJ moore, to easily a top 10 WR corp in football in less than 3 seasons.... kind of amazing...

But i also hate how this hurts Fields... he was my boy.... and if caleb does well, they will make anti Fields comments like LOOK WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE GET A REAL QB... but they will never mention how Fields did not have a WR corp even close to this good...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they went from the worst WR corp in football to just DJ moore, to easily a top 10 WR corp in football in less than 3 seasons.... kind of amazing...

Bears acquired DJ Moore 1 year ago before the draft, so not only was it less than 3 season, it was less than 2 as well. It was also less than 10, or 15, or 20 if we're just throwing random numbers out there that are greater than 1.

I might be able to put up 4000 and 25 TDs with Allen/DJM/Odunze/Swift

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was a little surprised the went odunze over an OL... but whatever... they went from the worst WR corp in football to just DJ moore, to easily a top 10 WR corp in football in less than 3 seasons.... kind of amazing...

But i also hate how this hurts Fields... he was my boy.... and if caleb does well, they will make anti Fields comments like LOOK WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE GET A REAL QB... but they will never mention how Fields did not have a WR corp even close to this good...
Don't worry. Fields will suck in Pittsburgh too and leave no doubt.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How high we drafting Nabors? Giants don't have fuck else on O.

Marvin Harrison Jr. even higher. 2nd round?

Rome, DJ, or Keenan? Whose 1? Whose 2? Whose 3?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more from last night's events

In what order is the production in Jacksonville? Kirk, Davis, Thomas?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should clarify talking redraft

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How high we drafting Nabors? Giants don't have fuck else on O.

Marvin Harrison Jr. even higher. 2nd round?

Rome, DJ, or Keenan? Whose 1? Whose 2? Whose 3?

Giants, have a piss poor WR group so Nabors easily should be the number one.... and sure, Jones gets hit easily with that offensive line, but thats not really a problem for WRs in fantasy... they still get their targets... the team might suck, but that is only better for the WRs because the team will throw more....

and the giants no longer have Saquon... so i have a hard time believing that whoever is QBing for the giants wont be throwing the ball 30+ times per game... that means a lot of targets... no matter what... even if Nabors target to catch ratio sucks due to bad QB play, he should still be catching 5+ balls per game...

I havent done a deepdive on the fantasy draft yet, but Nabors is easily a WR3 or a flex... with great upside to be better....

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Joe, I'll try and be more optimistic for you and Caleb. He does have elite physical traits, no doubts. He certainly COULD be great
Lemme turn the tables...
What are the Raiders doing?
1st round TE in 2023.
1st round TE in 2024.
No one to throw the ball to either.
Explain.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more from last night's events

In what order is the production in Jacksonville? Kirk, Davis, Thomas?

Kirk, Gabe Davis for the 2 games where he scores 5 TDs and has 400yds, then Thomas will be #2 for the other 15 games

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lemme turn the tables...
1st round TE in 2023.
1st round TE in 2024.
Explain.
Actually Mayer was taken in the second round in 2023, but still seems weird to go TE this season.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lemme turn the tables...
1st round TE in 2023.
1st round TE in 2024.
Explain.

Actually Mayer was taken in the second round in 2023, but still seems weird to go TE this season.

last 10 Super Bowls:
- Kelce and Kittle, both elite
- Kelce elite, Goedert above avg
- Rams and Bengals still aren't sure what TEs do on offense besides block
- Gronk and Kelce, both elite
- Kelce and Kittle, see above
- Gronk elite, Rams...see above....neither team understood that getting into the endzone equates to scoring points
- Gronk and Ertz, both elite
- Gronk was injured/didn't play and Falcons blew a 28-3 lead, geez they suck
- Greg Olsen above avg, Owen Daniels JAG....not sure either offense showed up here
- Gronk elite, not sure Seahawks had any TEs on their roster for this one

Not saying that Raiders with Bowers is a SB team, but seems like it is pretty important to have a great receiving TE if you want to go far in the playoffs.

Yes, I realize that Brady/Gronk and Mahomes/Kelce fill up the list, but maybe that's a big part of why those team won so much.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lemme turn the tables...
1st round TE in 2023.
1st round TE in 2024.
Explain.
daaaaaannnnggggg, saucy? LOL??

Well first I'd like say that the Raiders didn't spend the #1 overall on a fingernail painted momma's boy and his holistic caring. Wait, I said I'd try to be positive on Caleb..sorry ;)

Joking aside though-
Firstly, like Monkey had mentioned, an above average, if not elite TE seems to be at least ONE of the keys to success in this league lately, and allegedly, they now have two. At the very least Mayers flashed that's he's likely to be an 'above average' guy going forward in year one, whihc in my book, for rookie TE's, flashing is about all I could ask for. Year two I wanna see some consistent results, doesn't have to be great, but decent, and year 3 is where i expect a stud to be, to actually be a stud.
We shall see what Bowers is to be. Word is, he's an adequate at best blocker, but has the frame to be better if he puts in the effort to improve, so that's good, at least he's not an turnstile like Pitts is, so he's not an automatic tell to defenses. To me, for TE's, that's the most important step, because that is what puts you on the field every down.

All that is to say, if they go 2 tight as their base offensive set, with 2 dudes who are at minimum adequate in the blocking game, and at worst above average in the receiving portion of things, that's a recipe for success in todays game which is won, primarily, in the middle, and down the seams. Factor in Devonte Adams on the outside demanding double teams, the fact that with two tights, the defense can't sit in nickel and dime packages, they'll have to cover those tight ends with LB's, I'm liking the possibilities.

Now to your final point, how can you dare say no one to throw the ball? ;) They've got the Shew, the Stauche, the myth, the legend! hahaha
Hey they dud is a sub .500 QB as a starter, primarily with crap JAX teams, but he did lead the Colts to a winning record without their best offensive player, and a collection of ?'s at WR after M Pittman (who was also a ? until last year's breakout). He ain't sexy, he's not gonna be the guy to make those crazy plays, but he's efficient and knows how to play QB in this league.

Also, there's still 2 potential NFL caliber QB's available out there to be had tonight, possibly tomorrow, in Rattler and Pratt let one of them sit behind Minshew for a year, maybe he'll the answer in '25?

I have zero playoff expectations for the Raiders, not playing in the same division as the Chiefs, not this year. But I think they are solidly on the right track to building a good solid team.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
daaaaaannnnggggg, saucy? LOL??

Well first I'd like say that the Raiders didn't spend the #1 overall on a fingernail painted momma's boy and his holistic caring. Wait, I said I'd try to be positive on Caleb..sorry ;)

Joking aside though-
Firstly, like Monkey had mentioned, an above average, if not elite TE seems to be at least ONE of the keys to success in this league lately, and allegedly, they now have two. At the very least Mayers flashed that's he's likely to be an 'above average' guy going forward in year one, whihc in my book, for rookie TE's, flashing is about all I could ask for. Year two I wanna see some consistent results, doesn't have to be great, but decent, and year 3 is where i expect a stud to be, to actually be a stud.
We shall see what Bowers is to be. Word is, he's an adequate at best blocker, but has the frame to be better if he puts in the effort to improve, so that's good, at least he's not an turnstile like Pitts is, so he's not an automatic tell to defenses. To me, for TE's, that's the most important step, because that is what puts you on the field every down.

All that is to say, if they go 2 tight as their base offensive set, with 2 dudes who are at minimum adequate in the blocking game, and at worst above average in the receiving portion of things, that's a recipe for success in todays game which is won, primarily, in the middle, and down the seams. Factor in Devonte Adams on the outside demanding double teams, the fact that with two tights, the defense can't sit in nickel and dime packages, they'll have to cover those tight ends with LB's, I'm liking the possibilities.

Now to your final point, how can you dare say no one to throw the ball? ;) They've got the Shew, the Stauche, the myth, the legend! hahaha
Hey they dud is a sub .500 QB as a starter, primarily with crap JAX teams, but he did lead the Colts to a winning record without their best offensive player, and a collection of ?'s at WR after M Pittman (who was also a ? until last year's breakout). He ain't sexy, he's not gonna be the guy to make those crazy plays, but he's efficient and knows how to play QB in this league.

Also, there's still 2 potential NFL caliber QB's available out there to be had tonight, possibly tomorrow, in Rattler and Pratt let one of them sit behind Minshew for a year, maybe he'll the answer in '25?

I have zero playoff expectations for the Raiders, not playing in the same division as the Chiefs, not this year. But I think they are solidly on the right track to building a good solid team.
I think the Raiders should have playoff expectations. Chargers and Broncos, in theory, are both rebuilding and will be stronger down the line.

Raiders could draft Jordan Travis, too

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Raiders should have playoff expectations. Chargers and Broncos, in theory, are both rebuilding and will be stronger down the line.

Raiders could draft Jordan Travis, too
It'd be contention for a wild card at best. They had damned well better finish second in the west though. Like you mentioned, LAC and Denver should not be a problem. But when you're almost guaranteed at least 2 playoff teams in the North, and 2 in the East, fighintg for a wild card with whomever is second in the south is about the best you could hope for. And I'm not getting my hopes up too high, with The Shew leading them. A realistic possibility, but not one I'm realistically hoping for

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last 10 Super Bowls:
- Kelce and Kittle, both elite
- Kelce elite, Goedert above avg
- Rams and Bengals still aren't sure what TEs do on offense besides block
- Gronk and Kelce, both elite
- Kelce and Kittle, see above
- Gronk elite, Rams...see above....neither team understood that getting into the endzone equates to scoring points
- Gronk and Ertz, both elite
- Gronk was injured/didn't play and Falcons blew a 28-3 lead, geez they suck
- Greg Olsen above avg, Owen Daniels JAG....not sure either offense showed up here
- Gronk elite, not sure Seahawks had any TEs on their roster for this one

Not saying that Raiders with Bowers is a SB team, but seems like it is pretty important to have a great receiving TE if you want to go far in the playoffs.

Yes, I realize that Brady/Gronk and Mahomes/Kelce fill up the list, but maybe that's a big part of why those team won so much.
You know what those teams also had, somebody that isn't Aiden O' Connell or Gardner Minshew throwing them the ball.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One step at a time, one step at a time. Build the car, then find a driver
They had Jackie Stewart first and then gave him a car.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CAROLINA just burst Jeri's bubble. ...... too bad they have no line in front of him. .... think it was simply an up yours Jeri ? just seems way too high