• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams workout the most Dynamic College Football Player in recent history & others from Texas A&M

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trio of high-profile Texas A&M prospects to work out for Rams

Trio of high-profile Texas A&M prospects to work out for Rams - NFL.com

I listened to the discussions on ESPN regarding Manziel at No. 2. Although it was quite the reach to all, everyone to a man steered away from the Rams pick at 13 for Manziel. He very well could be sitting there for the Rams when they make their second pick of the the 2014 NFL draft.

Does this mean the talking heads believe Manziel will be gone by No. 13? :noidea:

I doubt it!

I would have loved at least one of those dudes who thought the workout at Rams park meant the Rams were considering the dude at No. 13 so they could have discussed the merits.

:L However they missed the boat.

What say you guys? :noidea:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine the Rams taking any of the top QBs in the first round; I just don't see the value there. I think waiting to get their guy in the 3rd or 4th makes a lot more sense, and there really may not be that much drop-off in terms of talent. I like Bortles, but how much better is he (or Bridgewater) than guys like Garoppolo, Murray, McCarron, Fales, Savage, etc? The QB tiers in this class seem to be very tight together in my opinion, at least through the names I listed (and Manziel, who is a real wildcard).

Barring trading down, the Rams have a real opportunity to add two extremely valuable pieces in the first round, and I just can't see QB being in that picture. Truthfully, I think all of the QB hungry teams would be best served by waiting a round and letting these guys slide, unless they have their hearts set on a particular guy.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to agree with Shopson. As much as I dislike Bradford, I think it would be a huge mistake to take a QB with our first two picks. We need players elsewhere, and as mediocre as Bradford is, we can still get a QB in the 3rd or 4th round that isn't much of a dropoff from the guys at the top of the draft. This is just pure rhetoric. A bait and switch. I can't see the Rams doing anything even remotely close to this, especially after declaring that Bradford is still the man. They would also irreparably hurt their credibility within their own organization. No player there would be able to trust anything they said henceforth.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the ESPN guys has Manziel mocked to the Rams at 13. I don't think there's much of a chance he's there though.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny is such a wild card for so many reasons.

I don't think for a minute the Rams will select him with the No. 2 pick and I think he will be gone by No. 13. That said, if you were Fisher/Snead and were making a trip to College station to work out Matthews and Evans, why wouldn't you workout Manziel?

What if for some reason the dude slides?

The article also talks about the Rams working out AJ along the way.

So maybe it's smoke screens but one way or another I think we select a QB in this draft.

Now the only questions that begs to answer, in what round?

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny is such a wild card for so many reasons.

I don't think for a minute the Rams will select him with the No. 2 pick and I think he will be gone by No. 13. That said, if you were Fisher/Snead and were making a trip to College station to work out Matthews and Evans, why wouldn't you workout Manziel?

What if for some reason the dude slides?

The article also talks about the Rams working out AJ along the way.

So maybe it's smoke screens but one way or another I think we select a QB in this draft.

Now the only questions that begs to answer, in what round?
Makes perfect sense if you are there and he (Manziel) is there why not give him a workout out? As far as shaking the teams confidence by taking a high profile QB. I think thats a stretch. The NFL is a business and the players know that. Sam has made good money if traded tomorrow I don't believe it would bother him a bit. Most players I believe understand as the song says they are just another brick in the wall. Sad sometimes but true.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes perfect sense if you are there and he (Manziel) is there why not give him a workout out? As far as shaking the teams confidence by taking a high profile QB. I think thats a stretch. The NFL is a business and the players know that. Sam has made good money if traded tomorrow I don't believe it would bother him a bit. Most players I believe understand as the song says they are just another brick in the wall. Sad sometimes but true.
Hey look no further than the best QB Jeff Fisher has ever had....

Air McNair!

Once Steve started to struggle he was replaced by Vince Young.

I do disagree with your sentiment on whether or not it bothers these guys or not despite their earnings or success. I just watched 'A Football Life' on Steve McNair and it truly bothered him.

Still, I think Sam understands his and the Rams situation and no matter what round they pick up a guy, QB's aren't drafted to be backups, free agent vets are brought in for that. Sam had Davis in that role before and Davis didn't do much to push Sam. I just hope whoever we get to fill that spot now will challenge Sam all the way so he can either grow into the QB we all want him to be or replace him!

You know, push him up or out!

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just a case of the Rams doing their due-diligence. What the media also fails to report is that Evans and Manzey are tied to the hip in their workouts. So if you want to watch one you have to watch the other. Horrible journalism at it's finest. :L

Even if the Rams were watching Manzey there's nothing wrong with them doing their homework. And if they're watching Evans they probably want to make sure who the real playmaker is between the two players.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Air McNair!

I do disagree with your sentiment on whether or not it bothers these guys or not despite their earnings or success. I just watched 'A Football Life' on Steve McNair and it truly bothered him.

Still, I think Sam understands his and the Rams situation and no matter what round they pick up a guy, QB's aren't drafted to be backups, free agent vets are brought in for that. Sam had Davis in that role before and Davis didn't do much to push Sam. I just hope whoever we get to fill that spot now will challenge Sam all the way so he can either grow into the QB we all want him to be or replace him!

Remember Warner and Bulger? lol Same shit. Although that turned out to be a horrlbe mistake by the Rams.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember Warner and Bulger? lol Same shit. Although that turned out to be a horrlbe mistake by the Rams.
True and a similar outcome with Tennessee as Steve McNair took the Ravens to the playoffs with a pretty good year for him whereas with Vince Young ... well ...... need I type more?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is pretty simple: if the Rams trade down from 2 to a team like Atlanta, these might be the 3 most valuable players on the board. Matthews, Evans and Manziel are all in competition with each other if the Rams trade out of the top 5.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is pretty simple: if the Rams trade down from 2 to a team like Atlanta, these might be the 3 most valuable players on the board. Matthews, Evans and Manziel are all in competition with each other if the Rams trade out of the top 5.

Just hope the Rams don't outsmart themselves. Sometimes the simplest solution is the best answer. We'll see tho, only time will tell.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just hope the Rams don't outsmart themselves. Sometimes the simplest solution is the best answer. We'll see tho, only time will tell.
Matthews is the only one of the 3 I want. Evans is an expert at offensive pass interference and he disappeared late last season. I also dont think he is as fast as his combine numbers suggest

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you are coming around to Clowney if the Texans go QB with the No. 1 overall. :lol:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this makes some sense unless the Lions trade into the top two which there have been rumblings to that effect.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you are coming around to Clowney if the Texans go QB with the No. 1 overall. :lol:

haha nah, still on the Watkins bandwagon!!!

I just hope they don't trade themselves out of a position to get a player that can change the Rams from an 8-8 team to a playoff team. Whatever position that player plays isn't really that important to me.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha nah, still on the Watkins bandwagon!!!

I just hope they don't trade themselves out of a position to get a player that can change the Rams from an 8-8 team to a playoff team. Whatever position that player plays isn't really that important to me.
:lol: Me too, I really do think the Rams pick Watkins if they don't trade out of the No. 2 pick EVEN IF Clowney is there.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Air McNair!

You are right if a player has any pride they should be a little upset. It could be seen as a sign of failure. So I shall rephrase. A pro should understand that he can be bought or sold or traded or cut its part of the game.