• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams trade 2 picks to Tampa for Mark Barron

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I'd be really concerned with so many first stringers going down with injuries. But these first stringers are on a 2-5 team that should be 0-7 so any new blood can't be all that bad.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Rambunctious, that is what my original thought was as well.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, just maybe, some young guys will get a shot and actually play like they want to be in the NFL.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
**********DISCLAIMER, I AM STEALING SOMEONES COMMENT FROM ANOTHER SITE*****************

Breaking news, Barron tore his ACL on fight from Tampa to St. Louis, details to follow.

Would this really surprise anyone?
:pound:

Oh and no it wouldn't surprise anyone of us at this point chy...

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exceedingly weak safety class.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually surprised that anybody is really stoked on this move. Especially considering he was a 7th overall pick just 2 years ago. Barron has been a hair above average as a safety, so far.

Now, I don't necessarily think it was a "bad" move... but I don't really see any huge gain on our side by trading for him. We've already got "thumpers" across the board. So, we added another. Big deal.

Does he have the potential to live up to his draft status and be some kind of stud? Who knows? Maybe Jeff Fisher and Gregg Williams are the right guys to bring out his potential. But as of now... it's still just "meh". Window dressing on the nightmarish reality of the Rams' 2014 season.

I guess it doesn't hurt to start early tryouts for 2015, I suppose. :noidea:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep the template of insanity is evident. What did we do in the draft? Instead of addressing more of our needs of O-line and LB, we pick another DE late. Apparently when you have something that is working, the model is to get more of the same ignoring glaring needs.

Another fine definition of insanity. And by the way, we give up a 4th and 6th rounder to get Barron. Those are golden rounds for talent that fills out a team for depth and sometimes for longevity players that can be very good. Nope, not this franshice. WE give away the picks from rounds that other teams historically choose from to build a team just to get something we already have. It boggles the imagination with the subtlety of a nuke!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep the template of insanity is evident. What did we do in the draft? Instead of addressing more of our needs of O-line and LB, we pick another DE late. Apparently when you have something that is working, the model is to get more of the same ignoring glaring needs.

Another fine definition of insanity. And by the way, we give up a 4th and 6th rounder to get Barron. Those are golden rounds for talent that fills out a team for depth and sometimes for longevity players that can be very good. Nope, not this franshice. WE give away the picks from rounds that other teams historically choose from to build a team just to get something we already have. It boggles the imagination with the subtlety of a nuke!

But the Rams can't draft very well in those rounds Retro

This last draft they took Alexander who they have to develop and a QB they just released from the practice squad. It's not like they are finding diamonds in the rough in those rounds that would make you cringe at them giving up those picks.

Givens (4th round) looked good his rookie year and has nosedived since.
Alexander (developmental S )
Jones ( been injured most of his time with the team )

6th round

Zeurlein- looked good early and now is missing chip shots
Gaines- may be a keeper
Gilbert- already released

I like the Barron trade vs the drafting of this regime after round 3.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The boy can hit!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with those who believe...'Right now, we sorely need a healthy secondary guy, so we got a solid starting SS with potential upside'.

Good trade!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa Bay has a good defense with holes. If you could combine TBs best
defensive players and STL's best defensive players, youd have one heck of a
unit.

Who else does Tampa have on D besides McCoy? Our D-line is much better than Tampa's. Even our LB's are better. Those safeties on Tampa were making a lot of tackles for a reason. I can't wait to see Barron light someone up.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember hearing his name around the time he was drafted but then haven't heard much since. Hopefully the change allows him to produce. I'm not expecting much though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so he was a top 22 rookie. And now he's been shipped out for 3rd day picks.

So was Marshawn Lynch a few years ago essentially. Good teams take advantage of bad teams' mistakes. Only problem there is that the Rams aren't a good team, but maybe they backed their way into a great trade.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the Rams can't draft very well in those rounds Retro

This last draft they took Alexander who they have to develop and a QB they just released from the practice squad. It's not like they are finding diamonds in the rough in those rounds that would make you cringe at them giving up those picks.

Givens (4th round) looked good his rookie year and has nosedived since.
Alexander (developmental S )
Jones ( been injured most of his time with the team )

6th round

Zeurlein- looked good early and now is missing chip shots
Gaines- may be a keeper
Gilbert- already released

I like the Barron trade vs the drafting of this regime after round 3.

Yep AngeLakeRams: The people you have listed in just this year's draft alone indicate this insanity I have been harping on. It supports the notion that someone is not doing their job or the organization is unconsciously inept. Why would they fumble around and choose people like Gilbert and Alexander while by-passing players that are further ahead and end-up playing in their first year on other teams and playing well? How many players has SJ76 chronicled over the years that we could have taken but by-passed for some player that in many cases is not in the league anymore. And they do it every year.

Why do we continue to overlook known good players in the draft for these reach/projects that may or may not (and often do not) develop into the players we NEED? The whole corporate mentality is rooted in apathy starting with Kroneke. Yea, I like the Barron trade to an extent but it could of all been done differently to produce consistent winning teams like when Rosenbloom owned the team and the GM was Klostermann.

Or compare us to winners like San Francisco, New England, Greeen Bay, even Pittsburgh. They have their share of misses but when there is a known good player in the draft available to them, they take them. They don't gyrate around and go after some player somebody has a stiffy for or there is some non-football agenda operating under the surface like the Sam fiasco. Nope, they take the known dominant player and it all translates into wins. Not the Rams. We fumble around in the dark trying to appear competent and it is just a matter of time before it all goes south consistently and the fans just get plain tired of it.:doh:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barron can't be any worse.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you Retro

The previous regime consistently passed on good players because of character issues.

I liked how this regime started out with the big trade, but their draft selections have been a huge head scratcher since.

Brockers was good, but Quick and Pead in the 2nd when Jeffreys was available along with Wagner ( who they supposedly wanted to take at 45 but they got too cute and traded down thinking he would still be around ).

Just swapping those 2 picks with the 2 mentioned players immediately changes the dynamic of this team.

Then, the trade up for a short slot receiver they don't even bother featuring in their game planning and it cost them another valuable player with the loss of a 2nd round pick. Ogletree has been a mixed bag as well.

Then, they take Robinson, a project, over a proven player with a huge family pedigree in Matthews. Makes no sense to me. I just don't get their thinking.

As if their first 3 rounds of drafting weren't head scratching, they absolutely can't draft worth a crap after the 3rd round and that's where most teams find quality starters and diamonds in the rough. It's where most teams draft their developmental players.

The Rams draft theirs at #2 overall. Ugh! This is getting frustrating year after year after year.

That big trade should've dramatically changed this franchise for the better. But you have to draft well in order to do that and the Rams haven't done that.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to wait and see on Barron. I think he is a good pickup but I dont think he'll ever be great. Alabama players have like an 80-90% bust/disappointment rate lately it seems.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to wait and see on Barron. I think he is a good pickup but I dont think he'll ever be great. Alabama players have like an 80-90% bust/disappointment rate lately it seems.

I'll take good anyday, given the safety play we've dealt with in recent years.