• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: Rams @ Seahawks - Looking forward to this one!!!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I learned watching this game? Anyone can QB the Seahawks.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I learned watching this game? Anyone can QB the Seahawks.

I mean I'm certainly not an NFL coach (or even a football coach) so I'm likely 100% talking out of my ass, but it seems what Seattle is trying to do offensively and defensively is clashing...

Carroll wants a legendary defense which he of course had when Wilson was CHEAP. Not that Wilson is being paid big money Carroll doesn't know what to do with it.. that much is obvious.... so put together a makeshift offensive team with some randoms at defense and try and piece something together......... Carroll needs a pure game managing CHEAP QB and is not willing to let Wilson go...

IMO one of two things need to happen:

1) Trade Wilson and start over, fire the entire FO.
2) Trade Wilson and spend EVERY SINGLE asset on defense... but sadly Seattle has dug themselves into such a hole with their stupid trades over the years this is done..

Seattle's just done for 10 years.... sad but it is what it is.... Feel free to bump this post months later... my response will be: "Nice job Captain Hindfuck, go fuck yourself."

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my favorite part of this game was when Michael Dickson punted the ball twice.

Mike Pereira immediately starts laughing as if to say "That's cute, but totally illegal". Then the whole ref crew on the field disagrees with Mike and the ball ends up exactly where it was downed after Dickson's second kick. Pereira then goes on to vomit out a bunch of shit trying to justify why he doesn't know the rules of the game. I still don't know who's right BTW, and neither do any of the league's officials most likely.

But then, after all that, they missed the fact that Dick ran a full yard past the line of scrimmage to kick the ball. There was an official standing 6 feet from him when it happened. But nothing called.

Holy shit these officials are incompetent. The experts and the actual NFL refs still don't know what's going on.

When are these fucking retards going to fix this shit? WOW.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my favorite part of this game was when Michael Dickson punted the ball twice.

Mike Pereira immediately starts laughing as if to say "That's cute, but totally illegal". Then the whole ref crew on the field disagrees with Mike and the ball ends up exactly where it was downed after Dickson's second kick. Pereira then goes on to vomit out a bunch of shit trying to justify why he doesn't know the rules of the game. I still don't know who's right BTW, and neither do any of the league's officials most likely.

But then, after all that, they missed the fact that Dick ran a full yard past the line of scrimmage to kick the ball. There was an official standing 6 feet from him when it happened. But nothing called.

Holy shit these officials are incompetent. The experts and the actual NFL refs still don't know what's going on.
Officials are supposedly watching from New York, shouldn't they call in and help the refs out. There is only one game happening.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officials are supposedly watching from New York, shouldn't they call in and help the refs out. There is only one game happening.
Those guy in New York are too busy fingering each other butthole's to pay attention.

I also loved the total bullshit roughing the passer call on Aaron Donald followed immediately by a total bullshit holding call on Duane Brown.

I get it. Make up call. But the alternative was for the refs to just do their jobs. They weren't consistent with holding or roughing the passer the rest of the game. They're idiots. They're too fucking stupid to function.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I'm certainly not an NFL coach (or even a football coach) so I'm likely 100% talking out of my ass, but it seems what Seattle is trying to do offensively and defensively is clashing...

Carroll wants a legendary defense which he of course had when Wilson was CHEAP. Not that Wilson is being paid big money Carroll doesn't know what to do with it.. that much is obvious.... so put together a makeshift offensive team with some randoms at defense and try and piece something together......... Carroll needs a pure game managing CHEAP QB and is not willing to let Wilson go...

2) Trade Wilson and spend EVERY SINGLE asset on defense... but sadly Seattle has dug themselves into such a hole with their stupid trades over the years this is done..

Seattle's just done for 10 years.... sad but it is what it is.... Feel free to bump this post months later... my response will be: "Nice job Captain Hindfuck, go fuck yourself."
I've been saying similar things for a couple years. Only to be shunned by some Hawk fans.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those guy in New York are too busy fingering each other butthole's to pay attention.

I also loved the total bullshit roughing the passer call on Aaron Donald followed immediately by a total bullshit holding call on Duane Brown.

I get it. Make up call. But the alternative was for the refs to just do their jobs. They weren't consistent with holding or roughing the passer the rest of the game. They're idiots. They're too fucking stupid to function.
I thought the roughing call on Donald was a good one.......until they showed the replay. They fucked that bad.

And Lockett needs to stop flopping.

Do they not call hands to the face anymore?

Refs are what they are, we just weren't good enough to win yesterday.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brb gonna go make a thread “If we are being honest Geno Smith is going to establish himself as the best QB in 3 years”
He had that cocky smug look when he took the field , down 6, score a td and be a hero. First throw is picked off, and that grin went away

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would be idiotic to trade Wilson. QB's like him don't come around often. If the losing continues, I would start with making some wholesale changes on the coaching staff. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. I have never seen a team misuse a tremendous talent like Jamal Adams in my life.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the roughing call on Donald was a good one.......until they showed the replay. They fucked that bad.

This ^^
It's bush-league to point the finger at the refs. They make mistakes in every game, so as you said, refs are what they are. The great teams overcome the refs mistakes.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be idiotic to trade Wilson. QB's like him don't come around often. If the losing continues, I would start with making some wholesale changes on the coaching staff. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. I have never seen a team misuse a tremendous talent like Jamal Adams in my life.

Yah one too many drinks last night when I posted that, but your reply is spot on.... I've been saying (and other Seahawks posters can attest to this) to fire Norton for well over the last 3 years now...

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we just weren't good enough to win yesterday.
This is 100% true, but the refs need to be held accountable. Too much of this terrible bullshit happening every single week.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah one too many drinks last night when I posted that, but your reply is spot on.... I've been saying (and other Seahawks posters can attest to this) to fire Norton for well over the last 3 years now...
One too many? You and Richard Sherman were banging at my door at 3am WTF. You guys are lucky the cops have my no# blocked

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had that cocky smug look when he took the field , down 6, score a td and be a hero. First throw is picked off, and that grin went away
When you’re the best at what you do, it’s ok to be a little cocky

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ^^
It's bush-league to point the finger at the refs. They make mistakes in every game, so as you said, refs are what they are. The great teams overcome the refs mistakes.
The refs had nothing to do with Seattle being a shitty team.

This isn't about overcoming the refs. It's about the refs consistently blowing call with no repercussions.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lockett didn't flop. It was a very shitty no-call (given the circumstances) by the refs. His leg was hit.

Regardless, the Seahawks seemingly had no right to even be in the game after their shitty performance.

Also, yes the call against Donald was bs imo but because it was the other rusher (Floyd) who hit Wilson in the head coming down with his arm who it could have been called on. Still a questionable roughing call but we've all seen far worse in thst respect.

Again, the Rams dominated and should have won by more than they did so it is hard to get too upset at the refs. The Seahawks sucked horribly all on their own.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you’re the best at what you do, it’s ok to be a little cocky
Good point. He took Eli Manning's job after 2000 games, now Russ is scared