• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: Rams @ Seahawks - Looking forward to this one!!!

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my favorite part of this game was when Michael Dickson punted the ball twice.

Mike Pereira immediately starts laughing as if to say "That's cute, but totally illegal". Then the whole ref crew on the field disagrees with Mike and the ball ends up exactly where it was downed after Dickson's second kick. Pereira then goes on to vomit out a bunch of shit trying to justify why he doesn't know the rules of the game. I still don't know who's right BTW, and neither do any of the league's officials most likely.

But then, after all that, they missed the fact that Dick ran a full yard past the line of scrimmage to kick the ball. There was an official standing 6 feet from him when it happened. But nothing called.

Holy shit these officials are incompetent. The experts and the actual NFL refs still don't know what's going on.

When are these fucking retards going to fix this shit? WOW.
It's legal to punt the ball twice, but clearly it shouldn't be. In addition to the punter being across the line there were illegal players down field. Cluster fuck of a play with effectively a 75 yard penalty on the Rams. Shit happens.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be idiotic to trade Wilson. QB's like him don't come around often. If the losing continues, I would start with making some wholesale changes on the coaching staff. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. I have never seen a team misuse a tremendous talent like Jamal Adams in my life.
Well based on the Rams 2 passing TDs putting Adams in coverage is misusing him.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be idiotic to trade Wilson. QB's like him don't come around often. If the losing continues, I would start with making some wholesale changes on the coaching staff. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. I have never seen a team misuse a tremendous talent like Jamal Adams in my life.
Honestly, I think it's almost time to put old Pete out to pasture and his mind boggling loyalty to assistant coaches who clearly aren't getting their guys properly prepared for the opposition. Also, I knew that game was lost early in the 2nd qtr, I think. When Wilson got them in the red zone and Pete did his usual " let's run the ball 4 times and better yet on 3rd and short, let's run it with our 3rd or 4th string RB." Classic Pete Carroll conservative thinking that we have seen for a decade over and over. When they ran it on 3rd down for nothing and Collins came back in, every Rams defender knew exactly what was coming.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well based on the Rams 2 passing TDs putting Adams in coverage is misusing him.
That's what drives me nuts... When the defense turned around last year, it was when Adams was moving around along the LOS, blitzing, rushing the passer more... This year, he has rarely done so... We gave him a ton of money and gave up 2 1st rounders for his unique talent... We're not even taking advantage of his strengths... Was of money and compensation at this point unless they're going to utilize him like they did last year...

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's legal to punt the ball twice, but clearly it shouldn't be. In addition to the punter being across the line there were illegal players down field. Cluster fuck of a play with effectively a 75 yard penalty on the Rams. Shit happens.
I agree that he was across the LoS so the punt shouldn't have counted in this instance but why do you think it should be illegal to punt it twice? What is the logic behind "it clearly shouldn't be (legal)?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamal Adams trade was the best trade, better than Stafford and Ramsey trade. They all helped the Rams, though.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think it's almost time to put old Pete out to pasture and his mind boggling loyalty to assistant coaches who clearly aren't getting their guys properly prepared for the opposition. Also, I knew that game was lost early in the 2nd qtr, I think. When Wilson got them in the red zone and Pete did his usual " let's run the ball 4 times and better yet on 3rd and short, let's run it with our 3rd or 4th string RB." Classic Pete Carroll conservative thinking that we have seen for a decade over and over. When they ran it on 3rd down for nothing and Collins came back in, every Rams defender knew exactly what was coming.
Ever since he did the opposite in the SB (throw it when he should have run it), he has never been the same.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamal Adams trade was the best trade, better than Stafford and Ramsey trade. They all helped the Rams, though.

Jamal Adams = Blitz/run stuffing over the middle of the field safety.

Ken Norton = "Well even though he did that well last year, DROP HIM DEEP IN COVERAGE!"

Seattle's coaching staff is beyond retard at this point.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy stat, not one touchdown drive by the Rams this year has been less than 70 yards even though they are one of the best scoring teams.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever since he did the opposite in the SB (throw it when he should have run it), he has never been the same.
Actually, the SB call wasn't the wrong idea. It was just the wrong way to do it. Should have been a bootleg with Lynch as the outlet option, not a slant to a 4th WR.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the SB call wasn't the wrong idea. It was just the wrong way to do it. Should have been a bootleg with Lynch as the outlet option, not a slant to a 4th WR.
It should have been a handoff to the best short-yardage back in the game.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was 1-6 on the year on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1, Marshawn is explosive when he gets his feet moving. He was already stopped on 4th and one midfield in that SB, bootleg would have been the right call, like mentioned by Dr Strange

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That defense would have stuffed him. They had all their bigs up front. It was just the wrong play call for Wilson's skillset. Give him a run or pass option. Marshawn was a very good receiver too. But instead they try threading a needle to a weak WR. It is ancient history though.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That defense would have stuffed him. They had all their bigs up front. It was just the wrong play call for Wilson's skillset. Give him a run or pass option. Marshawn was a very good receiver too. But instead they try threading a needle to a weak WR. It is ancient history though.
Maybe so. Either way, I am in agreement about a coaching overhaul.