• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams O-Line

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we all seem to agree that the O-line will cut short someones career pretty soon and first up is Case, I want to put this thread up for the preseason. Most if not all of us will be watching the Rams either in person (Vita), on national TV this week or streaming the 4 games of the preseason. Lets talk progress, poor work, attitude, good things or whatever for the O-line. I know there are other positions on the team but for this thread lets just look at the O-line and talk about it. retro and Vita, I hope we can get a little lead way here on the negative talk as long as we are not personal with each other. Ok, I will include the TEs as far as Kendricks and Higbee but especially blocking not just catching the ball. Here is the depth chart we will work with according to CBS for the Rams. (Higbee for some reason is not listed)

TE- Kendricks, Higbee
LT- Robinson, Battle, Swindle
LG- Saffold, Reynolds, Arkin
C- Barnes, Kush
RG- Brown, Donnal, Wickman
RT- Havenstein, Williams, Murphy

I am hoping that some positions are changed to see the best out there (ex. someone trying the center spot) but we will see. For the ones on line during the contests, lets bounce this back and forth. Without this group working together, our defense won't get us there.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will add there may be others that are not on the depth chart, if you know something I don't please point it out. Without this group, Gurley will get killed, Case will turn into Bulger and Goff will be soiling his shorts thinking why me. It might also be said that one of the reasons out O-line hasn't looked good in camp is that the D-line is good. We know the Cowboys for example are not good according to most reports.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we all seem to agree that the O-line will cut short someones career pretty soon and first up is Case, I want to put this thread up for the preseason. Most if not all of us will be watching the Rams either in person (Vita), on national TV this week or streaming the 4 games of the preseason. Lets talk progress, poor work, attitude, good things or whatever for the O-line. I know there are other positions on the team but for this thread lets just look at the O-line and talk about it. retro and Vita, I hope we can get a little lead way here on the negative talk as long as we are not personal with each other. Ok, I will include the TEs as far as Kendricks and Higbee but especially blocking not just catching the ball. Here is the depth chart we will work with according to CBS for the Rams. (Higbee for some reason is not listed)

TE- Kendricks, Higbee
LT- Robinson, Battle, Swindle
LG- Saffold, Reynolds, Arkin
C- Barnes, Kush
RG- Brown, Donnal, Wickman
RT- Havenstein, Williams, Murphy

I am hoping that some positions are changed to see the best out there (ex. someone trying the center spot) but we will see. For the ones on line during the contests, lets bounce this back and forth. Without this group working together, our defense won't get us there.

Saw this today and it's interesting. TJ McDonald is on the 3rd team. Goff and Higbee team2. Mike Thomas team 3.

Some head games being played. I'm stoked to see some of these rookies in the offense. But as usual, can we pass block and keep defenses honest?

Last edited:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AHHHH yes battle in the trenches....a lot of it rides with the game plan. Pass often or run. I think the Rams have some talent on the O-line and I'm looking forward to their run blocking for Gurley. If the running game can get going the passing game will excel.
This is going to be a long week.........:rolleyes2:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Rhaney

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are notorious for poor pass blocking! This is our achilles heel! Its been that way for several years now! IMO if we can some how figure out a way to pass block, we should be able to make the playoffs. But I doubt it will happen!

So what has changed personel wise? Absolutely nothing other than the fact that we are a year older and we have a couple of guys back from injury! I thought that they should have added a center or guard this past offseason.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are notorious for poor pass blocking! This is our achilles heel! Its been that way for several years now! IMO if we can some how figure out a way to pass block, we should be able to make the playoffs. But I doubt it will happen!

So what has changed personel wise? Absolutely nothing other than the fact that we are a year older and we have a couple of guys back from injury! I thought that they should have added a center or guard this past offseason.
Watching Robinson's ineptness the past couple years (and this training camp as well) definitely makes we wish that we took Matthews instead with that pick.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Robinson's ineptness the past couple years (and this training camp as well) definitely makes we wish that we took Matthews instead with that pick.

Makes me wish we had drafted Watkins or Mack and taken maybe Britt later.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Havenstein will not play. Saffold moves over to RT next to Brown and Wichmann moves into LG.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scrutiny will be on GRob as he has been the recipient of an off-season training program where a number of folks have worked with him. Still, reports abound that our DE Hayes has been badly beating him routinely in camp. This does not bode well for the guy and the Rams investment.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scrutiny will be on GRob as he has been the recipient of an off-season training program where a number of folks have worked with him. Still, reports abound that our DE Hayes has been badly beating him routinely in camp. This does not bode well for the guy and the Rams investment.

If he comes back as the same player getting beaten routinely on the pass rush, he will officially be a bust...Considering the players we COULD have taken and many of us wanted at the time, I'll be REALLY pissed if that's the case...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he comes back as the same player getting beaten routinely on the pass rush, he will officially be a bust...Considering the players we COULD have taken and many of us wanted at the time, I'll be REALLY pissed if that's the case...

yeah Mack would have been a better pick :L BPA jeff… not that hard

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the grades on the O-line tonight. Saffold, Brown, and Wichmann played well with the firsts. Barnes didn't hurt himself. GRob was decent but had some trouble with backside delay rushes and run blocking.

Rhaney looked very good at center with the seconds and the thirds. Swindle looked good at RT with the seconds and the thirds.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far so good........:thumb: they opened up some major holes in the boys first string D-line...Bennie was having fun!

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly across the board the O-line did OK. The 1st team didn't get Case sacked, he did scramble once and GRod had his man behind Case and let him go and he ended up making the tackle. GRod probably thought Case had thrown the ball already. Run blocking was really good. 2nd team with Goff wasn't as good but really Goff held on to the ball a bit long on the interception and on the sack the line was beat with numbers. 3rd group did well with Mannion. We will see this we against the Chiefs if they do as well. The Chiefs are better than the Cowboys. The defense got drilled, end of story for the 1st team.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that Laremy Tunsil, OT from Ole Miss is currently playing OG for the Dolphins and was at one time (before the Goff and Wentz hype that led to trades) thought to be the #1 pick in the 2016 draft. Ole Miss had a balanced offense of passing and running when Tunsil was there - much more so than the Auburn offense had the year they lost to FSU in the title game. However, our #2 pick G Rob has played LT since what... game 4 or 5 in 2014?

Tunsil is way more ready to play LT in the NFL as a rookie than G Rob was and even HE is lining up at Guard.

Tells me more of the desperation of our organization and how stupid they can be. It's as if they never even learned from the Bradford debacle. Maybe one of these days we can solidify our Oline and help make a young QB's career in the NFL much easier.