• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams land Matthew Stafford

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford is a lot better than Goff. Goff will look like shit without Sean McVay in his ear helping him with coverages. Stafford will look a lot better without shitty HCs and OCs. Stafford hasn’t ever had a coach like McVay.

This year, I think the Rams are much more of a threat to the packers in the post season with stafford. Personally, I’m glad he’s out of the division. He’s the QB I wanted the bears to get.
I would agree that Stafford is marginally better... But its not as decisive as you make it sound. Again, I think this has a lot more to do with the Rams wanting out of Goff's contract. McVay & Goff's relationship soured. Going to be interesting to see how Stafford & McVay get along.

Rams are the ultimate "win now" team so this trade shouldn't surprise anyone.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the Eagles fan
Why yes, yes I do.....

tenor.gif

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet the Rams give Stafford an extension, freeing up more money this year.
Sounds about right because the Rams are in a deep hole cap wise. Turn his salary into a bonus, he gets his money upfront and the Rams kick the can down the road. Rams and Eagles have a lot of similarities.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds about right because the Rams are in a deep hole cap wise. Turn his salary into a bonus, he gets his money upfront and the Rams kick the can down the road. Rams and Eagles have a lot of similarities.

Does the Eagles routinely beat Seattle too?

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of Goff, but that's too way much to give up for Matthew Stafford.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once the dust settles on all this , it will have gone down as one of the most lopsided trades in recent times. Lions GM should be arrested for grand theft.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what do those picks guarantee? Not to mention we've been doing pretty good without 1st rounders for awhile now, they earned the trust.
What does Stafford guarantee? I like him, but let's not pretend he is an elite QB here...

And forget running that RPO if you want Stafford to make it through week 2. I am not an expert on your Offense and I know he doesn't runfor a lot of yards but every time you trounce the Cowboys at least, the entire offense is set up to have every play look exactly the same to disguise what you are doing and a key to that is Goff being able to run if needed - we can never stop that bastard it seems. And Goff seems to get all of those big first down runs against our stupid defense that doesn't hold the edge and your counters and PAPs kill us. The whole Offense is going to need to change. With your coach I suspect this isn't a huge problem though as he is IMO a pretty good offensive mind. And if Stafford throws better than Goff (he should) maybe it's a good thing

Last edited:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does Stafford guarantee? I like him, but let's not pretend he is an elite QB here...

And forget running that RPO if you want Stafford to make it through week 2. I am not an expert on your Offense and I know he doesn't runfor a lot of yards but every time you trounce the Cowboys at least, the entire offense is set up to have every play look exactly the same to disguise what you are doing and a key to that is Goff being able to run if needed - we can never stop that bastard it seems. And Goff seems to get all of those big first down runs against our stupid defense that doesn't hold the edge and your counters and PAPs kill us. The whole Offense is going to need to change. With your coach I suspect this isn't a huge problem though as he is IMO a pretty good offensive mind. And if Stafford throws better than Goff (he should) maybe it's a good thing
20210131_115906.jpg

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has a 33 y/o QB ever before been acquired for the price of two 1st round picks and a starting QB?

edit: i keep forgetting about the 3rd rounder also!!! Maybe it's because a fairer trade might have been Goff and a 3rd for Stafford sans the first rounders?