• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams game notes

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
San Francisco 49ers – Niner Insider Blog – SFGate.com 49ers? Smith learning from mistakes

Jacobs refers queries to coach: Running back Brandon Jacobs, who has yet to play a snap this season, referred the latest round of questions about his lack of use to Jim Harbaugh.

Jacobs, who sustained a knee injury in the preseason, has been healthy for the past month. In mid-October, Jacobs acknowledged he was frustrated and confused over his inactivity before backing away from his comments a day later.

“I work every day,” Jacobs said. “That’s the answer I’m going with. You have to ask coach Harbaugh for anything else you want to know. I’m not elaborating about it. It seems like every time I do, I get destroyed in the media. So I’m not going to say anything about it. Every day, I work hard. And that’s that. That’s all I can do, right?"

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fisher, Moss coming off one-year breaks after Titans farewell tour | 49ers Hot Read

“I can’t remember having to prepare for an offense so well coached, so diversified in the run game and so talented,” Fisher said. “Add the multiplicity in their passing game and (Alex Smith’s) decision-making ability, it’s no surprise to me they were able to accomplish what they did last year and what’s ahead of them this year.”

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Coach's Notebook: Nov. 7

Sometimes after a bye week there could be a lull. Some of the players say they like to keep up the momentum. Did you do anything different this week at practice to jump back in and bring that tempo back up? Or is it things you’ve done as usual?

“One slight change, we practiced yesterday. And other than that the work that the guys did on their own, conditioning, weight lifting, etc. But, used that extra day.”

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Coach's Notebook: Nov. 7

Sometimes after a bye week there could be a lull. Some of the players say they like to keep up the momentum. Did you do anything different this week at practice to jump back in and bring that tempo back up? Or is it things you’ve done as usual?

“One slight change, we practiced yesterday. And other than that the work that the guys did on their own, conditioning, weight lifting, etc. But, used that extra day.”

More:

Both Jeff Fisher and other people through the season have talked about some of your run scheme and some of your more unique run plays you don’t see a whole lot in the NFL. Not to get into the scheme of course itself, could you just talk about maybe some of the influences on you, or offensive coordinator Greg Roman as far as where some of the stuff came from?
“Probably could, but I’d hate to leave somebody out.”

Just give it a whirl.
“I could give it a whirl. Just kind of back that to standing up here and philosophizing, or pontificating on anything, just rather not. Really, we’ve just got to keep asking those questions. That’s seriously what we do, is just keep asking the tough question. Can we continue to be successful in that area of the game? What’s it going to take this week against an outstanding Rams defense? They present all kind of problems along the front, the linebackers. Very good in the secondary. And a lot of times I guess we tend to talk earlier in the week - Mondays, sometimes Wednesdays. It’s just not a real great time to be talking as a coach. You’re worried, you’re nervous. You’re still kind of formulating just how are we going to get this done this week. So, you just kind of in those question-asking kind of modes. So, not always the most confident guy that stands here before you and just able to spew out, hey here’s exactly how we do things. Or all the why’s and the where’s. More on just kind of focused on what’s it going to take today. Can we have a great practice today? And making sure that our preparation is right. Because this is just another team that is an excellent football team and it’s a great challenge for our team.”

Is Friday a better question answering day?
“Most of the time. Most of the time I feel a lot more locked in on what we’ve done during the week and how we prepared. And just more solid on how we’re going into the weekend.”

Interesting. Impressive. I like the answer(s).

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/07/32-observations-week-9/

He probably should be the, or one of the, best defenders on the team against this route. 28% of the time he's been targeted, it's been on a go route.

San Francisco 49ers: Chris Culliver has been the man in coverage on 10 go routes. Of those he allowed just one catch for 39 yards compared to two interceptions.