• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Free Agents 2017

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just happen to come across this on my down time and thought it was a little alarming.

1. CB Tru Johnson. The Rams franchised him this year but thats not likey to happen again with the price to go way up. Tru Is a solid CB as we see when he's not in there. Big and physical which is hard to find in a CB. Will the Rams step up and pay him?? or will another good player walk?

2. WR Kenny Britt. At first most will say big deal but the fact is he is our #1 WR

3. QB Case Keenum. Well I guess read above for this one too.

4. WR Brian Quick. Our #3 WR? Some might say #2.

5. RB Benny Cunningham Our #2 RB but has out played Gurley to a point this season.

6. K Greg Zuerlein. The legs going to want to be paid.

7. S T.J. McDonald We all know he sets the tone behind Donald on the Rams D.

As you can see the team will have some big decisions to make. I wonder if the Rams are working to extend anyone yet? Remember no 1st or 3rd rd pick to help replace some we lose.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attrition sucks!

That said, I think the Rams have been prudent with their Cap Space....

1. CB Tru Johnson.
They will pay Tru, or Greg might walk. LOL!​

2. WR Kenny Britt.
Won't be surprised if we see Britt in another city next year, unless the Chargers move North.​

3. QB Case Keenum.
Case wants to be a starter, so he will be gone. There just might be a team with enough pieces where Case can win. LA is not one of them.​

4. WR Brian Quick.
Britt won't command much on the open market, he stays if the Rams decide to keep him because it wont cost too much.​

5. RB Benny Cunningham
Benny probably walks, but Fisher has a knack with RB's so it will be next man up.​

6. K Greg Zuerlein.
This is a tough one, I think he stays but it will be contingent on how the rest of the season goes for GZ.​

7. S T.J. McDonald
TJ stays, the Rams will make it work.​

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are in a big mess here!
So by seasons end, I predict that coach/GM Snisher WILL BE FIRED! Fisher will then become the coach with the most losses ever! With that said, whom ever our new coach will be,(probably some successful college coach) they will probably do away with some of these Fisher cronies like Kenny Britt, Brian Quick, wont re-sign Keenum. They will most likely revamp or rebuild our entire offence. Or they will look to promote some offensive cord. from another team that makes the playoffs this year. Whomever the new coach is, he is walking into a big mess!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is like Vita mentioned it looks like the Rams will have about 50 million to spend under the cap. So no reason why they can't sign TJ and Tru to long-term contracts. The Rams seem to always screw that up though and try to get cheap and lose a player to another team.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see the Rams go out and make a play for OT Andrew Whitworth and Guard TJ Lang. Both are free agents next year. Whitworth is 34 but is still playing at an extremely high level at Lf tackle. Actually he's the best pass blocker in the NFL right now. Maybe you can sign him for a two or three-year deal. TJ Lang is a stud guard with the Packers and is only 29. These two moves would probably instantly fix the running game. Both excel at pass blocking too. A good OL would obviously do wonders for Goff next year. Especially if we can run the ball.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. CB Tru Johnson.
Pay him.

2. WR Kenny Britt.
See ya!

3. QB Case Keenum
See ya!

4. WR Brian Quick
Could stick as cheap depth, otherwise....See ya!

5. RB Benny Cunningham
depends on his demands

6. K Greg Zuerlein
likely sticks, unless he wants too much

7. S T.J. McDonald
Pay him.

The only big decisions I see are with Tru and TJ. The others are largely inconsequential IMO. No reason to overpay for a backup RB or a K, and Keenum/Britt/Quick are backups on any decent offense.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. CB Tru Johnson.
Pay him.

2. WR Kenny Britt.
See ya!

3. QB Case Keenum
See ya!

4. WR Brian Quick

5. RB Benny Cunningham
depends on his demands

6. K Greg Zuerlein

7. S T.J. McDonald
Pay him.

The only big decisions I see are with Tru and TJ. The others are largely inconsequential IMO. No reason to overpay for a backup RB or a K, and Keenum/Britt/Quick are backups on any decent offense.

:agree:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. CB Tru Johnson.
Pay him.

2. WR Kenny Britt.
See ya!

3. QB Case Keenum
See ya!

4. WR Brian Quick

5. RB Benny Cunningham
depends on his demands

6. K Greg Zuerlein

7. S T.J. McDonald
Pay him.

So we basically see it the same way.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. CB Tru Johnson.
Pay him.

2. WR Kenny Britt.
See ya!

3. QB Case Keenum
See ya!

4. WR Brian Quick

5. RB Benny Cunningham
depends on his demands

6. K Greg Zuerlein

7. S T.J. McDonald
Pay him.

Your assuming Goff can play...

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost a couple of defensive players last season and I thought it would not hurt them but it obviously has. And if Goff comes in and plays well with this team as it stands now Case won't go anywhere with his last game hanging over his head. He will be happy and lucky to ride the bench in LA. IMO Britt may be gone but I think they will try and keep Quick. If they don't hang onto Bennie they really are stupid.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your assuming Goff can play...

...and you're assuming that the #1 overall pick can't. Which is more likely?

At the very worst, Mannion can start and Goff can continue to back up. The only way Keenum stays if the young guys get a chance and both completely fail, while Fisher miraculously survives that and still gets his extension (and then the riots come).

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could have locked up Tru years ago at a decent price. This FO has ZERO vision.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idk tbh i really dont care for Johnson, always felt he was overrated

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attrition sucks!

That said, I think the Rams have been prudent with their Cap Space....

1. CB Tru Johnson.
They will pay Tru, or Greg might walk. LOL!​

2. WR Kenny Britt.
Won't be surprised if we see Britt in another city next year, unless the Chargers move North.​

3. QB Case Keenum.
Case wants to be a starter, so he will be gone. There just might be a team with enough pieces where Case can win. LA is not one of them.​

4. WR Brian Quick.
Britt won't command much on the open market, he stays if the Rams decide to keep him because it wont cost too much.​

5. RB Benny Cunningham
Benny probably walks, but Fisher has a knack with RB's so it will be next man up.​

6. K Greg Zuerlein.
This is a tough one, I think he stays but it will be contingent on how the rest of the season goes for GZ.​

7. S T.J. McDonald
TJ stays, the Rams will make it work.​
1. Tru - I think he'll command too much and we let him walk
2. Britt - Fisher probably wants him back but I think the team would be better off if he left, so hoping for the later.
3. Keenum - I see him leaving for sure but don't really see too many places where he'd be competing for a starting job as he's more of a decent backup than a starter. I could see maybe the same type of situation that he's in now if he signed a one year deal with Cleveland to help with the transition with a rookie QB as one of the very few starting options out there.
4. Quick - If he keeps up how he's been lately, I think he'll be re-signed. Like you said, probably will come at a reasonable price.
5. Benny - Agree 100% that he's as good as gone. There's a glut of RB's either on the FA market that can be signed, can use a late round pick on one or sign an undrafted one.
6. Greg - I'm thinking that they lean on signing him, though I admit that I don't know much about the FA market for kickers or if there are any good one's coming out of college.
7. McDonald - Agree again. I think that they'll agree to some type of extension.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Tru - I think he'll command too much and we let him walk
2. Britt - Fisher probably wants him back but I think the team would be better off if he left, so hoping for the later.
3. Keenum - I see him leaving for sure but don't really see too many places where he'd be competing for a starting job as he's more of a decent backup than a starter. I could see maybe the same type of situation that he's in now if he signed a one year deal with Cleveland to help with the transition with a rookie QB as one of the very few starting options out there.
4. Quick - If he keeps up how he's been lately, I think he'll be re-signed. Like you said, probably will come at a reasonable price.
5. Benny - Agree 100% that he's as good as gone. There's a glut of RB's either on the FA market that can be signed, can use a late round pick on one or sign an undrafted one.
6. Greg - I'm thinking that they lean on signing him, though I admit that I don't know much about the FA market for kickers or if there are any good one's coming out of college.
7. McDonald - Agree again. I think that they'll agree to some type of extension.

I just looked at the 2017 FA CB's for next year and IMO Johnson is probably the best one. But Johnson will be able to r*pe the Rams because he's in the driver seat. Im guessing the Rams resign him but it will be a Jenkins like deal. If they don't the defense will take another big hit. Thats why I'm so critical with Goff not starting the team was ready to win this year with a decent QB. FA's just don't stay here the team may look totally different next year and we don't have the draft picks to replace good players due to the Goff move up.:gaah: