• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Free Agent frenzy

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: One thing that is always brought up is the QB getting away from the rush. Guys like Wilson are special especially when he looks downfield versus just run. I look at the best way to get away from the rush is to have a Oline that keeps the rush at bay. Big Ben for years has stayed in the pocket, Manning doesn't scramble, Brady doesn't take off, what they do is get ride of the ball up field away from defenders if there is a need. We all look at the numbers, like 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, those numbers are the 40 yard dashes of DEs, LBs and safeties, we don't need a QB taking off afraid of the rush. The Rams need a guy that goes through his procession quickly, makes his call and delivers the ball on target and when it isn't there doesn't duck for the sack or throw into coverage. I believe Fisher and Snead took that approach when they drafted the beef in the draft. Getting rid of Bradford and bringing in Foles accomplished 3 huge things for the Rams. One was the salary cap issue and cost of the year left on his contract. (This takes nothing away from what Bradford can or can't do for the Eagles). Two that the health of Bradford had set the franchise back for the last 3 seasons (at least) and the fact that he had the deer in the headlight look that had him duck or just take the sack on his terms. (This along with the OC calling run, run, pass made our punter All Pro) Third and most important Fisher and Snead had to draft the next generation QB for the club. Whether Mannion will be the guy Big Ben is a question time can only tell but the fact that the beef was the issue in the draft tells me that the Rams look to run now and be a team later that will do both very well. That is my take. This year might not be the year but time will be another matter and I think this was the best draft for the future I've seen in years (not because of a certain player but for yearly results long term).:nod:

I agree blue that time will be another matter because I honestly don't believe the FO will allow too many more rebuilding years under fisher. At some point we need to start winning.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I join this consensus opinion by Blue. I am with his point and Jermaine's second that the beef they brought in has everyone exclaiming that the O-line has gotten really big really fast. Add GRob and Saffold to the mix and we have some serious Clydesdales up front and it is about time as well!!

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the Rams don't have many more "rebuilding years" left as an excuse. I think this will be the final year of that excuse. If we don't see a dramatic improvement in the W-L category Fisher will officially be on the hot seat. Although i can see with our move to LA and Fisher having experience moving teams he might get some leeway.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the Rams don't have many more "rebuilding years" left as an excuse. I think this will be the final year of that excuse. If we don't see a dramatic improvement in the W-L category Fisher will officially be on the hot seat. Although i can see with our move to LA and Fisher having experience moving teams he might get some leeway.
Until the LA situation is settled, JF and I guess we can say Snisher will have job security with the Rams barring a full blown losing season resulting in the No 1 draft pick overall.

You must give that sort of opportunity to new leadership if you are even on the fence with making a change.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a couple of ex-Rams are/were on the market. Greg Salas left the Jets as a FA and Ledger Douzable re-signed with the same team as a back-up DE. Some things never change.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another type of FA is what has occurred in the Scouting department. We lost Brian Shields to the Jets to reunite with Brian Heimerdinger. Shields was a Western Scout who left the Rams for the Jets. Obviously, the Rams have an opening in the Scouting Department. SJ76, you live out west; perhaps now is the time to send in a resume. Same goes for the Commish! Anybody else what to give it a go, here is your chance!

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I only can scout and develop players on Madden Retro, and that's only because i can make them better with skill pointsl My resume for that wouldn't do any good.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, you'd make an excellent scout Jermaine! Same as SJ76 and the Commish.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Mathis was just cut by the Eagles. I wouldn't mind sticking him at guard while Brown and the other young guys develop.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Mathis was just cut by the Eagles. I wouldn't mind sticking him at guard while Brown and the other young guys develop.

Sign Bradford, then let go of your best O-lineman. Yeah this confirms it. Chip is loco :crazy:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense just seems 1 good CB away from being Elite.

But we will have to wait and see. No reason to get too excited yet.
:juggle:

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they go after Mathis, but I fear the FO won't

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be a nice additions but we don't have the cap space anymore for his contract. We have spent most of the money we had available. All booked up!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be a nice additions but we don't have the cap space anymore for his contract. We have spent most of the money we had available. All booked up!
If they really want him, cap space is not an issue due to the way the league calculates the cap on the roster at this point of the off season.

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be competition for him though, and he'll still be at least moderately expensive. Pro Bowl G the past two years.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams aren't interested in signing Evan Mathis. He is going to land in Giants, Broncos, Seahawks, Bills or Raiders country. I guess Rams brass are satisfied with what they have now. I hope so because this is the area that concerns me the the most like it always does. Lets just the hope the "dropping like flies" theory has disappeared as far as our OL goes.