• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping they take one of the young DBs who can potentially start on Day 1, that way Tre can play the slot if needed until he's up to speed. Or go LB or DL

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping they take one of the young DBs who can potentially start on Day 1, that way Tre can play the slot if needed until he's up to speed. Or go LB or DL

Aren't they already set? Darious Williams & Tre'Davious White (will he be ready week 1?) will be the starters outside. They could use a FS, but are they just waiting to sign Johnny Johnson? He seems like a foregone conclusion to return. They still have Durant or Tomlinson to play the slot. Curl is the likely starting SS, with Lake at the nickel.

Can always use upgrades or additions, but other than possibly a safety they are somewhat set.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DL Murphy and Newton are right there at 19.

Could be. There should be a good option for them regardless, whether its one of the top 2 DT, one of the top 3 Edge, or one of the LT. They could go CB I guess, but would seem a bit of overkill given the recent White signing. There is always the threat of McVay stumping for an offensive weapon (and even trading up), so that keeps us on the edge of our seats lol.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be. There should be a good option for them regardless, whether its one of the top 2 DT, one of the top 3 Edge, or one of the LT. They could go CB I guess, but would seem a bit of overkill given the recent White signing. There is always the threat of McVay stumping for an offensive weapon (and even trading up), so that keeps us on the edge of our seats lol.
They need to draft another CB.

White is only on a 1 year deal and still don’t know if he can be the same player he was after the ACL and Achilles injuries.

He is a big question mark at this point. They need a long term solution at the position, and this draft is pretty deep at that position.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to draft another CB.

White is only on a 1 year deal and still don’t know if he can be the same player he was after the ACL and Achilles injuries.

He is a big question mark at this point. They need a long term solution at the position, and this draft is pretty deep at that position.

Taking one early implies big minutes now, which doesn't seem to be an option unless White isn't ready. I'm sure they'll add a CB at some point in the draft; DB depth is always important (and a part of special teams).

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking one early implies big minutes now, which doesn't seem to be an option unless White isn't ready. I'm sure they'll add a CB at some point in the draft; DB depth is always important (and a part of special teams).
Achilles injuries typically take a year to heal. That would put him out until October at the earliest.

Akers came back earlier and I think that was the wrong decision because he hasn’t been the same since.

You can’t rush these things.

And picking one early doesn’t necessarily mean starting right away. It’s taking BPA if that is the case with an eye on the future, not the immediate present.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Achilles injuries typically take a year to heal. That would put him out until October at the earliest.

Akers came back earlier and I think that was the wrong decision because he hasn’t been the same since.

You can’t rush these things.

And picking one early doesn’t necessarily mean starting right away. It’s taking BPA if that is the case with an eye on the future, not the immediate present.

Maybe they're improving with these Achilles treatments. Cousins' injury was week 8 and he's expected back for the start of the season.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am soooo glad we didn't get involved with this fraud. Two years ago when the Panthers turned-down our offer for Brian Burns where we were going to give up two number ones for him, it might have been a good deal. Now, he is over-priced for his production which some have characterized as near mediocre. He is the Giants problem now.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they're improving with these Achilles treatments. Cousins' injury was week 8 and he's expected back for the start of the season.
True but QB leg injuries are a bit different... he's not running cutting, and making quick lateral moves to cover fast WRs. So in essence a QB's achilles injury in hindsight shouldn't affect that much as a DB. That is just my take.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the Rams surgeon who performed the operation and repair claims that White has passed his physical and is about at the same level of progress that Kupp was when he started practicing with the OTAs last year. We shall see if they are right.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should sign this guy to the practice squad and let him work his way back into the lineup on a prove-it contract. Former high pick of the Cardinals who has been around the league may be a good signing for depth. The Rams could do better to sign Simmons at safety and then pick-up a Day 2 and 3 D-lineman as backup.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the draft would be a great time to sign this guy. Just like TEs, ya can't have enough good DBs and McShitferBrains would concur.