• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Shop

my point was, no team would ever trade (3) 1st round picks for anything other than a QB.

so, for McVay to even think they were thinking of taking Pitts is ridiculous.

I'm guessing McVay was trying to say that the only player worthy of trading up for would've been Pitts (even if the cost was extravagant and should point exclusively to a QB).

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a musing I have been having recently (summer boredom) about the two genius boys and their collective inner dumbass. I was over on PFF comparing the ratings of our active roster. There in black and white is the draft round and selection number of offense and defense.

We all know McSnead's stance on first rounders. We don't have one until 2024. But two of the best players right now in the league are first rounders and are on our roster. Those being Jalen Ramsey, 1-5 and Aaron Donald, 1-13 both selected by other coaches. We now have Matthew Stafford, who of course was selected 1-1. Leonard Floyd was selected 1-9.

Granted, McSnead's belief system is by and large substantiated by numerous examples of misses/busts in the first round and that the draft, especially in the first round, can be a real crap-shoot. Nonetheless, McSnead have reaped the benefits of someone else's acumen with some of the First and Second Rounders we now have on our roster

Yet, we have numerous good-to-great players that were drafted before the third round on our roster. My point is: Maybe the genius twins should do more investigating into first round players and stop shipping them off to other teams so frequently as to eventually ending up with a disadvantage in talent compared to other teams in big games like the snooperbowl. Just sayin'.

Here is the list. Name-Round-Selection-Number

*Matthew Stafford 1-1
Van Jefferson 2-57
Cam Akers 2.52
*Robert Woods 2-41
TuTu Atwell 2-57- Don't know yet
*DeSean Jackson 2-49
*Austin Corbett 2.33
*Andrew Whitworth 2.55
*Rob Havenstein 2.57
*Jalen Ramsey 1-5
Taylor Rapp 2-61
*Aaron Donald 1-13
*Leonard Floyd 1-9
*A'Shawn Robinson 2-46

*-selected by someone else from both the Rams and another team

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid reminds me of another LB we had who became a NFL All-Pro and we let him walk for nothing. He may force the issue with the South Carolina kid we took in this last draft. This guy was an UDFA and he looks and plays like London Fletcher. Max Roberts is the UDFA who is getting great reviews in OTAs. Could it be?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

down goes Akers!

well, that is going to change the offense because Henderson can't do what Cam can.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even worse, not only is he done for the season, but since he ruptured his achilles, chances are he will never be the same RB again.

players rarely recover from a ruptured achilles because they lose explosiveness, lift, etc.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even worse, not only is he done for the season, but since he ruptured his achilles, chances are he will never be the same RB again.

players rarely recover from a ruptured achilles because they lose explosiveness, lift, etc.
maybe, but with today's med's and his Youth maybe he won't miss a beat. Durant Recovered nicely and although its a different sport, maybe not the end of the world. What sucks though is that we def have to use the RB by committee approach now because Henderson can't do what Cam does and if Rhodes was any good then he'd be higher up on the chart but we will see.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worse part of recovery from an Achilles injury concerning the post-performance level of the athlete is to recover running forward explosiveness and the lateral change-of-direction power one had prior to the injury. The rest is up to the individual.

Pretty much, things are going to change a bit. I suggest they find C.J. Anderson and bring him back to see if he has anything left in the tank.

I sure as hell hope we don't go to becoming a pass-happy football team. That would be a season-long nightmare.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a complete list of RBs the Rams could check and pull from if they so choose. Maybe now is the time to go with a big dude like Fournette. Malcolm Broen may be available as well. I suspect they are going to see how Funk develops and go with him. Everyone else we have now on the roster is a step down.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a complete list of RBs the Rams could check and pull from if they so choose. Maybe now is the time to go with a big dude like Fournette. Malcolm Broen may be available as well. I suspect they are going to see how Funk develops and go with him. Everyone else we have now on the roster is a step down.

I think Xavier Jones my surprise, maybe even Calais.

I think Funk will be ST player unless there are further injuries.

I think going after a vet RB at this point is jumping the shark. Let's see what the young guys can do before jumping for an aging vet or another teams castoff.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, ALR. Methinks the Rams will take a long look at what they have but it would do themselves a favor if they don't wait too long and bring in say a Duke Johnson to get some training camp reps instead of trying to acclimate the dude to the McVay offense while going through a season.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now there are musings of the pundits that maybe Todd Gurley will return to the Rams even though the two parties had a toxic divorce and Gurley has been mentioned as a signee of the Ravens. I guess it takes all kinds these days and I wouldn't be surprised.