• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer about Kiser. Hopefully the MRI comes back at 4 weeks tops

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...anthony-miami-dolphins-linebacker-free-agency

—from an article on Anthony

Anthony is now four years removed from his breakout rookie season in New Orleans, That year, the 31st overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft racked up 112 total tackles, five passes defended, two forced fumbles, an interception, and a sack, and was widely expected to be a mainstay in the Saints defense for years to come. Unfortunately, the coaching staff’s decision to move Anthony from inside linebacker to strongside linebacker (a position he had yet to play in the NFL) combined with a series of injuries derailed his progression into the star defender many thought he could become in New Orleans.

Given his production back in 2015, it’s clear that Anthony is best suited to be an inside linebacker moving forward. He’s instinctive, athletic, and has the track record to prove he could be a valuable contributor. However, that same track record also portrays a player who has suffered numerous injuries and has failed to adapt to the needs of his defense. I don’t see Anthony receiving anything more than a short term prove-it contract from any NFL team.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks about Kiser but hoping that it's something minor where he only misses maybe 2 or 3 games of the regular season at the most.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay has confirmed that the injury to Kiser is significant and he may miss most of the season depending on his healing profile.

Presently here is how the LB depth chart stacks-up:

Will LB- Dante Fowler, Samson Ebukam, Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Josh Carraway
ILB- Cory Littleton, Travis Howard, Dakota Allen, Ketner Kupp
ILB- Micah Kiser*, Bryce Hager, Troy Reeder
OLB- Clay Matthews, Justin Lawler*, Trevon Young, Landis Durham

*-out with injuries

Kiser and Lawler are out due to surgery-requiring injuries. Reeder is going to be cut because of that bone-headed personal foul against the Caboys that got him ejected. Durham is playing decently and so is Kupp but both probably won't survive cut day.

Assuredly in: Fowler, Ebukam, Littleton, Matthews, and maybe Hager and Okoronkwo.

Potentials to stay or go: Okoronkwo, Carraway, Howard, Allen, and Young.

So we really are doing O.K. even with our injuries.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I have seen so far of Noteboom and Allen is very encouraging, Rambunctious. It is guys like Demby and some other third tier jackasses that are effing things up in the preseason games.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why the Patriots with Kraft and Belicheat are always in the hunt for the next snooperbowl. Even though this trade may not go down, the Patriots will just wait the Redskins out and they'll eventually give up as little as possible to sign Trent Williams knowing full well that there are lots of teams and front offices around the league that just do not know how to get what they want and steal from the Patriots before they get hosed.

I think Snead did a really good job this last draft where we traded in the mid and late rounds with New England 3 or 4 times and we got what we wanted and they got what they wanted. That is how you deal with this bunch.

If I were Snead, I'd be checking on Trent Williams who could easily step in for Whitworth if need be and see exactly what the Redskins are after with a very good Pro-Bowl LT that we could use for at least the next three years.

Trent Williams trade rumors: Conflicting reports surface on Patriots-Redskins offer

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why the Patriots with Kraft and Belicheat are always in the hunt for the next snooperbowl. Even though this trade may not go down, the Patriots will just wait the Redskins out and they'll eventually give up as little as possible to sign Trent Williams knowing full well that there are lots of teams and front offices around the league that just do not know how to get what they want and steal from the Patriots before they get hosed.

I think Snead did a really good job this last draft where we traded in the mid and late rounds with New England 3 or 4 times and we got what we wanted and they got what they wanted. That is how you deal with this bunch.

If I were Snead, I'd be checking on Trent Williams who could easily step in for Whitworth if need be and see exactly what the Redskins are after with a very good Pro-Bowl LT that we could use for at least the next three years.

Trent Williams trade rumors: Conflicting reports surface on Patriots-Redskins offer
The thing I'd be weary of with him is his injury history. The guy is usually lucky to stay on the field half the season it seems.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost both Josh Carraway at LB and Neary at the Center backup position Saturday night during the Broncos contest.

Carraway ruptured his Achilles and Neary broke his ankle which will require surgery.

This means Dakota Allen is most assuredly made the team and Demby maybe penciled in as Allen's backup at Center.

The only other Center is Hyrnkiewisc from Younstown State.

I don't think the latter is any good and the Rams may go looking for another backup Center.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost both Josh Carraway at LB and Neary at the Center backup position Saturday night during the Broncos contest.

Carraway ruptured his Achilles and Neary broke his ankle which will require surgery.

This means Dakota Allen is most assuredly made the team and Demby maybe penciled in as Allen's backup at Center.

I don't think the latter is any good and the Rams may go looking for another backup Center.
Now we know why the Rams keep their starters off the field in worthless preseason games.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you think if Kiko Alonso is cut from the Dolphins that we’d take a flyer on him?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do bring a player or players in, I am sure Snead is on it as we speak.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest problem we would have with bringing anyone in is the limited cap space. We have somewhere between $4.4 - 4.8 million currently available.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea. That continues to be a problem, chy1127. Don't know how they are going to manage this. Maybe they'll go with who they have and expect people to step up.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Travin Howard and Dakota Allen are good examples. Since we lost Kiser and now Carraway, the former pair are going to see serious back-up playing time. I don't think they need anymore LBs as we have quite a few. They may have to now hold onto Reeder who most assuredly was going to get cut for his boneheadedness in Dallas the game.

Last edited: