• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro - I'm already doing pushups! Thanks for the info on the vids and I will hit them soon!

BTW - I feel guilty by not including Hacksaw on my Los Angeles era Mount Rushmore! Tom Mack just edged him out.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're goona love it RamCub. And I hear you on the push-ups. Wait to you see what C. Long's pre-game warm-up is. You'll want to be blasting the tackling sled.

Well that Mt Rushmore thing can be frustrating too because there are so many great players that have donned the horns over the many years. So, yea I get that, but who to pick?!!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All STL rushmore is easy, since the history isnt very deep!

I cant wait until 3-4 years down the road, when you can start debating if anyone from this squad could be worth to crack the offensive juggernaut that was Warner/Faulk/Bruce/Holt

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the fact that we actually are going to see COMPETITION for many of the starting positions on both offense and defense. On the offensive side of the ball, Right Tackle and Right Guard are open competitions (Saffold is not a shoo-in at RT as he is not as big as some of the other RT candidates). RB is going to be fun to watch. WR after Givens and Austin will be fun to see who slots where. We are set at QB,TE,LT,C,LG (and even C and LG could change). On defense, one DT spot is open (Langford could be passed up) and both safety spots are up for grabs....traning camp will be AWESOME!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN twitter feed is saying that Deacon Jones just passed away at the age of 74. Im not getting any articles coming up on google though. Hopefully one of the all time greats will get some recognition if thats the case. 74 is still too young, imo.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN twitter feed is saying that Deacon Jones just passed away at the age of 74. Im not getting any articles coming up on google though. Hopefully one of the all time greats will get some recognition if thats the case. 74 is still too young, imo.

Yeah 74 is young... But is it young for a football player and the abuse they took? There is one RB, forgive me because I can't recall the name, he ran so much that his knees are giving out on him and he is only 55-60? Football is a fun sport to watch but it takes a terrible toll on the body. Who knows what Jones was suffering that none of us knows about.

A few days ago, Jim Kelly came and said that he had jaw cancer and he had been battling it for a few months. I'm not sure if that is football related but he has been battling it months and months before the public/media knew about it.

Arch City

Exce11ence in Baseball
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah 74 is young... But is it young for a football player and the abuse they took? There is one RB, forgive me because I can't recall the name, he ran so much that his knees are giving out on him and he is only 55-60? Football is a fun sport to watch but it takes a terrible toll on the body. Who knows what Jones was suffering that none of us knows about.

I agree with you both. Life is too damn short no matter what...but 74 for a legendary football player is a full life. I can't even begin to think of all the greats of the NFL that passed away long before their golden years. It's such a fun game, but it's sad to think of the toll it takes on the players.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Asked Bradford about Givens’ work in the offseason and Bradford made it a point to mention how Givens is showing a lot of versatility and that versatility is going hand in hand with expanded route concepts that Givens is taking on. Instead of playing exclusively on the outside, Givens is moving into the slot some, working on the opposite side a bit, etc. That’s allowing him to run more of those aforementioned routes. It’s something Bradford believes will be very beneficial for Givens and for the offense in 2013.
- On the one-game suspension of RB Isaiah Pead, Fisher said the issue actually took place last summer and had already been dealt with while they expected something from the league. He went on to say “He obviously has to suffer the consequences and miss the game but I’m pleased with how he’s bounced back and his professional approach to being a member of this team.”
- It’s been pretty obvious to anyone watching but when asked about the presence and early performance of TE Jared Cook, he couldn’t help but again state the obvious…
“He’s good. I don’t know if you guys noticed that,” Bradford said laughing. Yeah, for anyone watching, it’s been hard NOT to notice.

St. Louis Rams ? Blog | Rams Halfway Through OTAs

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, the banter and the realization about how the talent level has taken a significant turn for the better is increasing daily as OTAs continue and everyone gets to witness just how good these players are going to be. I for one am getting stoked for more exposure and am quite certain that Sammie does indeed no longer have an excuse to not take the next step. I fully expect him to have a banner year with all of the talent that now surrounds him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome Arch City to the Ram pages and I hope you join with the gang here. We love Rams fans and we are interested in your opinions. We like spirited but respectful banter and we don't tolerate trolling (I am not intimating you are one-just a warning).

We have a number of items that you'll discover to be of your liking as the season progresses and many are self-explanatory. So, come and see us because if you are carrying those horns on your fav's list we want you here.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a new article out on FoxSports indicating Brian Quick and Chris Givens will be the new starting WRs. Quick is putting on a clinic in OTAs and Fisher and Shottenheimer now have what many at Rams Park are calling the new high octane offense that may very well be a re-incarnation of-dare I say it-The GSOT!!!!

With Jared Cook and Tavon Austin, Sammie isn't saying much but is just doing alot of smiling. This might be the year we have an offense that now compliments our badass defense!!!

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me too excited retro, its only June!! I'll be like that kid on xmas eve anxious to open presents. This should be an exciting year for the horns if I do say so myself.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jermaine, dude!! I wasn't too excited during the draft but after all of the changes Fisher and Snead have made and all of the talent that has been brought in, I am choppin on the bit!!!!

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's certainly a pleasant change to be excited by an upcoming Season. The Rams should be greatly improved and I believe this is a team with an enhanced spirit. Fisher has been the cog turning the wheel and ownership seems to be letting the "football minds" make the important decisions.

This doesn't mean that the Rams are going to win the SB. There are plenty of teams that are very good, so the Rams are going to have to put forth a concerted effort and execute. No one thought the Rams would win the SB when they did, so let's hope the Rams turn in a surprising season like that one.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only concern with the team this year is depth behind the DB's..Finnegan and Jenkins will do well barring any injury. Then you have Trumaine Johnson at nickel? but outside of that who do we have?. Safety is still eh..but there is no depth. Wish we could have kept Bradley Fletcher.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right on Silas!! Jermaine: I think we have plenty of depth in our D-backfield. It is just not veteran depth. We signed a bunch of young talent at both CB abd Safety. If you want veteran depth, then you have a point to be somewhat trepidous. Otherwise, I think Fisher is building a young club all at once and the depth will be all on the same level.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling this cast of characters the Greatest Show on Turf is a bit much. You all know me - I'm from IL, but I live in the Show Me state. And that fact is, that the GSOT came about by accident with a back-up QB (former Grocery bagger with HOF touch) and it started with #28 (HOF). Martz helped as well.

If one of our RB's shows me some #28ish skills, then I will start believing the hype. Our WR's have loads of potential and speed, but can any of them take a hit like Torry Holt or Ike could?

Long way to go.

But I love the enthusiam. ;)

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew you'd make an appearance sooner rather than later SJ. Things are seemingly matriculating in that direction but you do have a point in that we all shall have to wait and see.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willis McGahee was just released by Denver, thoughts? I'd be interested.